Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

N0ughtsAndCr0sses

macrumors regular
May 30, 2017
UK
I hope this is the one.....

2jdflmh.png

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/macos-high-sierra/id1246284741?mt=12

Last edited:
Reactions: jagooch

inarush

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2016
Ann Arbor MI
Why do I keep downloading a 15 MB installer rather than the full 4 GB installer? Anyone else experiencing the same? Any tips?

Tried clearing AppStore cache and rebooting to no avail.

bradley8795

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2013
Note that the 2017 iMac, MacBook, and MacBook Pro changes something with USB-C, since some peripherals that were compatible with the 2015/2016 models are not compatible with the 2017.

AFAIK, this does not change with the High Sierra GM. It may be more a hardware issue.

Which monitor? Your monitor may fall into this affected category. Were you using it before with an older USB-C Mac?

PSA: If the description of a USB-C device doesn't explicitly say it is compatible with the 2017 Kaby Lake Macs, then there is a significant chance it isn't compatible, even if it compatible with older USB-C Macs.

It is the HP ENVY 27" USB-C, it worked perfectly in Sierra, and worked all the way up until the GM of High Sierra.

Reactions: jagooch

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
It DOES feel faster, I swear to GOD!!!!
I actually measured JavaScript speed in Safari 11 and it is indeed faster. But what made the most difference to me was the fact that auto-play is disabled, which not only makes for a pleasanter quieter experience, it uses less CPU cycles.

Plus, Metal 2 on supported machines.

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
I installed it on my Macbook Pro and iMac. The download and installation went as smoothly as butter. I haven't had time to do much with it as its been a rather eventful day.

on top of that I'm doing a late night software deployment for work, so I won't get to play with the OS until tomorrow evening.

For once I wish that I was a juvenile with no responsibilities so that I could try out my shiny new toy.

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
I got to sneak away to my Mac for a bit. This my favorite part of the update so far. Also known as - Eff u, CNET!

Attachments

• HighSierra_Eff_you_CNET.jpeg
    HighSierra_Eff_you_CNET.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 107

N0ughtsAndCr0sses

macrumors regular
May 30, 2017
UK
I upgraded yesterday, now I'm charging it to 100% and see how the battery is with the same stuff I do on a daily basis.

In case anyone's wondering

System Software Overview:

System Version: macOS 10.13 (17A365)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.