Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
I do the grocery shopping in my house. I use reminders to make my list and check the items off as I shop to make sure I have everything. I'm looking forward to an app that will let me see the list on my watch so that I'm not pulling my phone out 15-20 times.

I have seen iBeacons that work with the watch (in concept) that will alert you that you are near an item on your list. That might be helpful but hope not annoying.

Might be overkill for your needs but My Recipes (yes it's my app, shameless plugging) has what you're looking for and more. Take a look at the page I've linked there's some screens of it on the  Watch.

Rm.237

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2008
Somewhere
Without a doubt hands-down I am most looking forward to the Evernote app. Having an Apple Watch means being able to be productive in new and different ways. The Evernote app is the pinnacle of this ideology to me. Once you start throwing voice memos from your Apple Watch into Evernote you'll never look back.

goinskiing

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
Meridian, ID
Right now, spotify. I don't use the music app.

Google Music here, but yeah, same idea. :)

----------

I think nest, apple remote, and weather are the things I use at least once a day every day that requires me to pull out the phone for just a second or two. These examples are the main reason I am buying a watch, I want to cut down how often I pull out my phone

Definitely yes on the Nest! Just that much easier to change the temperature. :)

----------

Having owned a pebble for over a year, I'm just looking forward to being able to interact with the notifications I receive.

Some times I feel like moving from a Pebble to an Apple Watch is like moving from a beeper to a cell phone back in the day. (I'm 29, and once owned a beeper)

Sure the beeper had great battery life, but that's all it did, beep....

Same boat as you, the Pebble is a great little product, but this is definite step in the right direction. Most Pebble owners I know talk highly of the Apple Watch mostly because we mostly feel the Apple Watch is what we wished the Pebble could have been.

----------

For myself, I'm excited to see the kinds of apps that developers are dreaming up right now that we have no clue or ever imagined ourselves.

pragmatous

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2012
I want Doom on my apple watch.

I think apps will be the "killer app", which ones are you hoping for, planning on using?

Personally, I want a real time stock ticker, it'll make my Pebble redundant.

----------

I know it would be impossible to do. It would be cool if you could take your list of ingredients and export it to a local grocery store app to find at the store. It would be awesome if you could just one tap click and buy it all and go pick it up.

Might be overkill for your needs but My Recipes (yes it's my app, shameless plugging) has what you're looking for and more. Take a look at the page I've linked there's some screens of it on the  Watch.

ekrueger24

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
London, UK
I'm looking forward to having CityMapper on my wrist. Will be nice to have an instant look at where trains and buses are going to be without having to dig out my phone and look it up. Additionally, the step-by-step directions with haptic feedback with maps will be great when I am out walking around in London.

I hope Hue comes out with an app as well to control my Hue lights from the watch as well.

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
I know it would be impossible to do. It would be cool if you could take your list of ingredients and export it to a local grocery store app to find at the store. It would be awesome if you could just one tap click and buy it all and go pick it up.

I love the idea but your probably right, logistically it would be a nightmare. Thats even if all of the various suppliers would let you link into their systems, which I doubt they would easily.
But it's a good idea so never say never and all that.

pimatalk

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2015
Great idea

I want Doom on my apple watch.

----------

This is a really cool idea. Which grocery store apps do offer indoor navigation today? Do you know one?

gorkt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2007
The Wegmans grocery store app on my phone has some indoor navigation features. It's pretty awesome! If I make a list on the app, it will automatically put the items closest to you at the top of the list. So all the aisle 11 stuff comes up if you are in aisle 11, for example. I am really hoping they make an Apple watch feature for that so I don't have to keep my phone out while shopping.

LxTxNx

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2007
I'm looking forward on having spotify on my apple watch with capability of side loading downloaded spotify music from my iPhone; That will be the day!

RangeMaster619

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2010
As a backpacker I thought it would be cool to have topographical map that works offline on the watch utilizing the iPhone gps. I was excited to hear that Gaia GPS has already working on that.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
Not really an app but more of a functionality. I'm eager to say "hey Siri " without the iPhone having to be plugged in.

Phima256

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2011
Cleveland
Dropcam: I saw at the Keynote that you can watch a security camera from your watch...hoping I can do that with my Dropcam cameras.

Nest, Hue, SmartThings and Sonos would be great!

Love this Life Clock app concept. Makes you more mindful of your health decisions when it's in your face: http://www.thelifeclockapp.com

mkruck

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Dropcam: I saw at the Keynote that you can watch a security camera from your watch...hoping I can do that with my Dropcam cameras.

Nest, Hue, SmartThings and Sonos would be great!

Love this Life Clock app concept. Makes you more mindful of your health decisions when it's in your face: http://www.thelifeclockapp.com

Totally doable, Insteon already updated their app to feed live camera video to the watch, along with the ability to control other Insteon devices (thermostats, lights, switches, etc.). Really looking forward to this.

waswho

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
I'm definitely looking forward to Strava. I can then keep my phone tucked away. Then start and stop on the watch.

Phima256

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2011
Cleveland
Totally doable, Insteon already updated their app to feed live camera video to the watch, along with the ability to control other Insteon devices (thermostats, lights, switches, etc.). Really looking forward to this.

Really? Good to know! Has any of Google's (or Google owned) apps been updated for the Apple Watch? Should stop investing so much their time in Android Wear and stick to the more massive Apple Watch owners now. ;) I kid, I kid (kind of).

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
The app I am looking forward to the most was just added today! Map My Run (Map My Fitness) sent out an update with Apple Watch support. I've been hoping MMR would add this capability before launch so I can enjoy it day 1!

and, Tune In Radio also released an update for Apple Watch today.

Attachments

• IMG_0343.PNG
    IMG_0343.PNG
    195.2 KB · Views: 80

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
I'm looking forward to trying out the fitness tracking. Shazam and spotify (is there a spotify app) are high up on my list.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.