Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CASEACE79

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2011
I'm interested to see an app where you could link up with other apple watch users. Send little doodles. Maybe this is cause I have no friends let alone any I can send any doodles to. Lol. What else interests me is if a new "language" will develop with drawing pictures. Think Twitter with its limited characters but speaking only in doodles.

DannyBres

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2007
UK
I think I'll mainly us:

Overcast to skip adverts when listening over airplay.

Runkeeper when running for time, distance, pace.

Departure Board to check train times.

Glances: Dark Sky, Pedometer++....

CobraPA

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2011
Lansdale, PA, USA
Totally doable, Insteon already updated their app to feed live camera video to the watch, along with the ability to control other Insteon devices (thermostats, lights, switches, etc.). Really looking forward to this.

Alarm.com claimed the same thing in their keynote presentation, but then when questioned, they said something like 'The Apple Watch API doesn't support live video yet, so that will come in future releases.' Hahaha. I hadn't heard Insteon offered it as well. I read their update and it does claim video, but then their video demo shows a single image on the Watch of a garage door. It'll be interesting to see what it does in real life.

It's true that the Watch API doesn't support video yet. It supports animated GIFs on the Watch, or it supports updating images saved on the Watch from the phone. It'll be interesting to see if someone can make that look like video, or if we have to wait for newer versions from Apple.

Suspended
Sep 22, 2007
FitnessBuilder :D

image_watchfb.png

That looks good, thanks for the heads up. The watch is going to make sense for fitness and notifications, other than that, I'm not convinced. Still thinking of canceling, but FitnessBuilder might prompt me to stay the course. Expensive for a simple workout sheet, but in a hotel gym it will be nice. Not essential, but nice to have the workout on my wrist...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.