Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which Apple Watch will you be buying?

• Total voters

Photography

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
Which Apple Watch will you be buying? Complete with a poll! :)

Post the specific size/color that you'll buy in the comments, and whether you'll purchase it on launch day, or pre-order (if available).

ditzy

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2007
I expect the rose gold one will be much more expensive than the standard edition, and as I'm not rolling in cash probably the space black one. But if money wasn't an issue, rose gold.

Photography

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
Does anyone know if the Gold edition can use the straps from the Standard version?

mistertomlinson

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2007
I wish we could get more votes. I'm genuinely interested in the consensus here. My opinion: the Apple Watch looks like garbage. I was SO excited about it and just KNEW Apple was gonna design something that put all other smartwatches to shame. Unfortunately, this watch looks no different from all the others. The Moto 360 DESTROYS this design (I've never owned an Android phone and don't plan on it, for the record). I suspect when Apple saw it, they sh$t themselves! If only Motorola had spent a little more time on it (outdated hardware, poor battery life, no iPhone support), I'd buy it in a heartbeat. The Moto 360 is what I would expect Apple to design.

moto-360-smartwatch-580-90.jpg

Damn that's a sexy watch!

tomo999

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2014
Bedfordshire UK
I'll be buying the next version in 2015/16 thats hopefully round, waterproof, offers better battery life and which has a tougher, simplified sports version for $200.00

Last edited:

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
I wish we could get more votes. I'm genuinely interested in the consensus here. My opinion: the Apple Watch looks like garbage. I was SO excited about it and just KNEW Apple was gonna design something that put all other smartwatches to shame. Unfortunately, this watch looks no different from all the others. The Moto 360 DESTROYS this design (I've never owned an Android phone and don't plan on it, for the record). I suspect when Apple saw it, they sh$t themselves! If only Motorola had spent a little more time on it (outdated hardware, poor battery life, no iPhone support), I'd buy it in a heartbeat. The Moto 360 is what I would expect Apple to design.

The Moto360 IS really nice and I really wish Apple had gone with a circular design. People said that the Moto360 was like having a rectangular screen with the corners cut off but with Apple's brand new UI, it'd work perfect only a circular screen. Such a shame. That being said, I am a fan of the :apple:WATCH and will be getting one. Just hoping the prices aren't going to be too greedy considering the Moto360 probably costs significantly less than Apple's will.

Tell you what though, if Motorola come out with a Moto360 compatible with iPhone, they'll have a great seller on their hands.

silvetti

macrumors 6502a
Nov 24, 2011
Poland

Add to the list of Moto 360 issues the fact that Android Wear is not optimized for round screens. All the reviews I saw looks horrible.

Industrial design is really nice but the watch is HUGE as said by other bloggers, :apple:watch is smaller.

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
I dont get the need for it to be round....i have three watches already of which two are square and one is round! I dont see any real difference or need for it to be round when the square shape suits the purpose better.

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK

Completely agree. If the watch looked like that Moto360 I would have been very tempted myself.
As it stands, I'll pass on this one.

Kiju

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2010
I absolutely love the red and gold one. I expect the Edition watches to be expensive as ****, but based purely on aesthetics that one is most definitely my favourite.

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
Sport one for sure as that's the most important function for me.

Just hope it's not stupidly expensive, it has to represent value for money.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
I'll admit I was all excited when I was watching (attempting to watch) the key note yesterday. But the more I thought about it and the little more information that has come out, I've changed my mind. :eek:

I don't like that it's only water resistant and not waterproof.

And I guess I'm back to the whole "What do I need it for?" I don't need to be that attached to messaging, FB, etc. I already have a fitbit. I already own a Polar HRM that I use when working out.

Maybe when version 2 or 3 come out.

I reserve the right to change my mind again! :rolleyes:

Snookerman

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2008

And this is an even sexier watch:
quality_large_2x.jpg

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Standard

For Version 1 I'll get the Standard, or perhaps even the Sport. I expect Version 2 to be much improved in terms of battery life and design, if the iPad is any indication. I'll wait until then before shelling out for the Edition.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
The standard Watch version. I don't want sport and I won't be able to afford Edition.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Sport one for sure as that's the most important function for me.

Just hope it's not stupidly expensive, it has to represent value for money.

I'm guessing most of the Sport line will be $349 or slightly higher, the standard Watch around $499 , and the Edition $849 and up.

----------

I don't intend to get one, but if I did that that's definitely the one that I'd go for. It looks great (in my opinion) and I'm partial to steel :)

I like the Milanese band on the standard.

----------

I wish we could get more votes. I'm genuinely interested in the consensus here. My opinion: the Apple Watch looks like garbage. I was SO excited about it and just KNEW Apple was gonna design something that put all other smartwatches to shame. Unfortunately, this watch looks no different from all the others. The Moto 360 DESTROYS this design (I've never owned an Android phone and don't plan on it, for the record). I suspect when Apple saw it, they sh$t themselves! If only Motorola had spent a little more time on it (outdated hardware, poor battery life, no iPhone support), I'd buy it in a heartbeat. The Moto 360 is what I would expect Apple to design. Damn that's a sexy watch!

Except most women wouldn't buy the Moto 360. It's too much of a men's design. The Apple Watch is smaller. If anything, I thought Apple's watches would be even smaller than they are. Maybe they will be in Version 2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.