Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which Apple Watch will you be buying?

• Total voters

lewisd25

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
I'm considering getting all three versions:

1. A black Apple Watch Sport for using at the gym

2. A stainless steel Apple Watch with stainless steel link or milanese bracelet (casual days)

3. A rose gold Apple Watch Edition with brown and/or black leather buckle band (dressed up days)

Of course, this all depends on price. I hope we will also see bands/bracelets from third parties, I would love to have a crocodile leather strap.

serkan

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Menlo Park,California
I am gonna go with the same model with Tim and Johnny. Standard model with white straps on it. Maybe I ll buy some other straps to change them daily according to price of course.

And am I the only one around here that thinks 350 is too much ?

swedefish

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2008
Ugh, I have such dainty writs that I think I have to go with the 38mm model. Either way, I will go with the stainless steel version, and a classic leather band.

WSR

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2011
The only reason I won't be buying one is it won't work with an iPod Touch.

I wouldn't use a smart phone to warrent buying an iPhone. I spend $100/YEAR to keep my cell phone active, and I have over $200 credit on it.

Thus, though I like the :apple:Watch and would probably buy one if it worked with the iPod Touch, I won't be buying one.

Pistol Peto

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2013
West of Toronto
Space Black Stainless Steel with 2 bands
  • Link Bracelet Space Black Stainless
  • Black Sport Band.
Even though I'm male - I'll have to decide on the size once I see them at the Apple store.

I guess it's assumed the 42mm is a man's watch?

swedefish

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2008
Space Black Stainless Steel with 2 bands
  • Link Bracelet Space Black Stainless
  • Black Sport Band.
Even though I'm male - I'll have to decide on the size once I see them at the Apple store.

I guess it's assumed the 42mm is a man's watch?

No. They go both ways. This watch blogger* specifically commended Apple on not making a clear female or male option, which apparently in the watch world would have been ~35mm and ~44mm respectively. These sizes should work for both and are a matter of preference. That said, women will probably generally go with the smaller and men with the larger.

*) http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/hodinkee-apple-watch-review

Great blog, the best pictures of the Apple Watch I have seen so far. He shows both the 38mm and the 42mm models on his arm.

Pistol Peto

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2013
West of Toronto
No. They go both ways. This watch blogger* specifically commended Apple on not making a clear female or male option, which apparently in the watch world would have been ~35mm and ~44mm respectively. These sizes should work for both and are a matter of preference. That said, women will probably generally go with the smaller and men with the larger.

*) http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/hodinkee-apple-watch-review

Great blog, the best pictures of the Apple Watch I have seen so far. He shows both the 38mm and the 42mm models on his arm.

Thanks! I've seen the article before but hadn't paid close attention to the pictures.

My current watch has a round face that's 38mm across and it looks fine on my wrist.

I've got the curse of having slightly small wrists and big hands.

I'll try both on before making a final call.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
IF I were to buy one, it would be Rose Gold with the white strap (and once the aftermarket straps come out, a nice brown leather one).

But if the Rose Gold version is over $1000, then I won't be buying at all.

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
gld_zpsf66fb8aa.jpg

Wishbrah

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2013
Stainless with Milanese (if the magnet hold is strong), traditional leather (unsure of color), and a rubber strap for sweaty stuff.

gorkt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2007
Most likely the 38mm standard Apple watch in silver with a white sport band for working out, and a Milanese band for everyday use. If the standard is really heavy, I might get the sport instead, but I doubt it.

gadgetguy11

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2010
Kentucky
Love the yellow gold with red leather band on the Edition, and I intend to buy it. If I can swing it, a second Apple Watch makes sense for daily sporting. :eek:

----------

Love the yellow gold with red leather band on the Edition, and I intend to buy it.

If I can swing it, a second Apple Watch makes sense for daily sporting, but that is unlikely... :eek:

shanson27

macrumors 68020
Nov 27, 2011
I wish we could get more votes. I'm genuinely interested in the consensus here. My opinion: the Apple Watch looks like garbage. I was SO excited about it and just KNEW Apple was gonna design something that put all other smartwatches to shame. Unfortunately, this watch looks no different from all the others. The Moto 360 DESTROYS this design (I've never owned an Android phone and don't plan on it, for the record). I suspect when Apple saw it, they sh$t themselves! If only Motorola had spent a little more time on it (outdated hardware, poor battery life, no iPhone support), I'd buy it in a heartbeat. The Moto 360 is what I would expect Apple to design.

Damn that's a sexy watch!

Moto 360 vs Apple watch !

Glass cover!
Apple Watch: Sapphire glass - ION X Glass
Moto 360: Gorilla glass

Display!
Apple Watch: Retina, OLED, unknown resolution
Moto 360: 320×290 LCD

Protection:
Apple watch: ceramic cover, sensors protected by Sapphire glass

Moto 360: stainless cover, sensors not protected

Features and connections :
Apple Watch: NFC payments, Heart rate sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Haptic feedback, skin Touch ID on the backside, magnetic induction charging, Mikrofon, speaker, input display, Digital crown

Moto 360: Heart rate sensor, pedometer, wireless charging, Mikrofon.

Variations:
Apple Watch: two sizes, variations: „aluminum“, "stainless steel" and Gold,
the watch wristbands can be changed !
Moto 360: one size, two colors ! 

Battery life:
Moto 360: 12 hours
Apple Watch ???

Operating system!
Apple Watch: iOS
Moto 360: Android Wear

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
I will get the Apple watch sports in all black together with a second sport strap.

I will get a second one in 3-4 years down the road which will then be the regular one with metal band. I want both then to be clearly different.

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
No idea why people are so hung up on round watches. I love the square design.

I much prefer white metal to gold or rose, so probably the standard with the mesh bracelet. Wondering if the sports bands will work on the standard watch... Would probably get one of those too.

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
Dang... That rose gold with the white strap is gorgeous.

Sigh. It will take me forever to agonize over all the choices.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Dang... That rose gold with the white strap is gorgeous.

Sigh. It will take me forever to agonize over all the choices.

Sport $350
Watch $1000
Edition $5000

Easy decision for me and mostly made by Apple.:D I respect and even appreciate style/fashion but I'm a pragmatist.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.