Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Robbosan

Suspended
Aug 21, 2020
Love it. First Mous case. Have had most OB Symmetry, UAG, Nomad, Apples, Ringke Fusion.
Buttons good.
Nice microfibre inside.
Back feels great.
Sides good not slippery like my saddle brown leather case.
Fits my brodit holder perfect, slides in and out good.
Bit shorter than the Rinke fusion x i have been using.

If picking anything it's a bit thicker than the other 2 especially apples leather, but for me it actually makes it better to pick up off a table.

Should of got one a year ago lol.

IMG_1808.jpeg
IMG_0006.jpeg

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
Welp... in a weird unprecedented way, I somehow managed to kill my case “addiction”. I’ve just used my iPhone caseless and with no screen protector for the past week and it’s been great! I find the bare iPhone very grippy because of the stainless steel sides.

yes there is a chance I could break it if I drop but thats if I drop it. *knocks on wood* I started realizing that I don’t really drop my phone and I baby it enough to use it raw. It feels liberating.

Reactions: Ralfi

Robbosan

Suspended
Aug 21, 2020
Welp... in a weird unprecedented way, I somehow managed to kill my case “addiction”. I’ve just used my iPhone caseless and with no screen protector for the past week and it’s been great! I find the bare iPhone very grippy because of the stainless steel sides.

yes there is a chance I could break it if I drop but thats if I drop it. *knocks on wood* I started realizing that I don’t really drop my phone and I baby it enough to use it raw. It feels liberating.

I am the same but at $2k here to replace it, not prepared to take that risk.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US

I typically have that same revelation about six months into ownership of each phone. Been using my 11 Pro without a case for a few months now and have yet to drop it. Running without a case definitely makes you more mindful of where your phone is.

Robbosan

Suspended
Aug 21, 2020
After trying all the big name cases this year, nomad, ob, uag, mous, apples leather cases. The case I like best is the $12 Ringke Fusion X Cameo, go figure.

Robbosan

Suspended
Aug 21, 2020
Well turned out the mous was just too heavy at 49grams, buttons a bit stiff and a pain to take off, not that grippy too, returned it and got a CarbonThat.
Real Carbon
Buttons are excellent as good as apples leather case.
Grip texture below button so excellent to hold.
Is actually a touch smaller than apples leather case too.
30 grams.

2194F0D5-A6E7-462D-8560-95B97101EE6F.jpeg

Martheijn

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2020
Nederland
Well turned out the mous was just too heavy at 49grams, buttons a bit stiff and a pain to take off, not that grippy too, returned it and got a CarbonThat.
Real Carbon
Buttons are excellent as good as apples leather case.
Grip texture below button so excellent to hold.
Is actually a touch smaller than apples leather case too.
30 grams.

View attachment 959995
Looks amazing! How is the protection level of this case?

I had excactly the same problem with the Mous case

Robbosan

Suspended
Aug 21, 2020
Looks amazing! How is the protection level of this case?

I had excactly the same problem with the Mous case

Not sure you could ask on their chat service on their website, i am not a dropper so havn't tested it, but it does have a excellent grip pattern on the sides below the buttons.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Doing well. Watching all the preorder posts going wild with shipping info. Reminds me of last year around this time. Any orders this year Vader?

Hey brother good to see you. I am on the fence thinking of getting the 12 Pro. How about you?

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Set to preorder the mini once it goes live on 11/06. The spigen liquid air comes in today for the mini so I’ll have more of an idea on the size of it.

Gotcha. What makes you want to get the mini? You like the smaller form factor I guess?

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Gotcha. What makes you want to get the mini? You like the smaller form factor I guess?
Yes. I definitely like the smaller phones. The se2 has been great, but the screen size is a bit to small. The mini should be a perfect in between the 5.8” 11 pro I had and the se2. If not, I’ll return it and go for the 12.

Reactions: VaderRulez

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Yes. I definitely like the smaller phones. The se2 has been great, but the screen size is a bit to small. The mini should be a perfect in between the 5.8” 11 pro I had and the se2. If not, I’ll return it and go for the 12.

That's cool. I like the form factor of smaller phones but seeing on them is another issues lol. I will likely get the pro still trying to decide.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
I’ll more than likely purchase an Apple leather case. But, the link below is a new case from Nomad. This should age very well. The only problem I have with Nomad’s cases are the buttons and the tpu borders.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
I’ll more than likely purchase an Apple leather case. But, the link below is a new case from Nomad. This should age very well. The only problem I have with Nomad’s cases are the buttons and the tpu borders.

Yeah I am hesitant on getting a case from them due to the buttons.

Well, just pre-ordered an iPhone 12 Pro in Pacific Blue. Wanted something different this time. Also got 128GB. I have 256GB on my 11 Pro and barely use the space. Figured I would save a few bucks by doing so.

Reactions: nrvous1

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Yeah I am hesitant on getting a case from them due to the buttons.

Well, just pre-ordered an iPhone 12 Pro in Pacific Blue. Wanted something different this time. Also got 128GB. I have 256GB on my 11 Pro and barely use the space. Figured I would save a few bucks by doing so.
I’m really tempted to order the 12 myself.

Lol! This is the first iPhone that I’ll be ordering outside of 64gigs. On my 11 pro after owning it for a year I only used 20-21gbs of storage. On my se2 I’m at a whopping 18gbs used out of 64. I’ll kick around the 12 a little more tonight and maybe order in the morning. I’d just hate to order the regular 12 and end up wanting the mini even more. I do like that the 12 is lighter than the 11 pro though. And it’s at 6.1”.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.