Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
I’m really tempted to order the 12 myself.

Lol! This is the first iPhone that I’ll be ordering outside of 64gigs. On my 11 pro after owning it for a year I only used 20-21gbs of storage. On my se2 I’m at a whopping 18gbs used out of 64. I’ll kick around the 12 a little more tonight and maybe order in the morning. I’d just hate to order the regular 12 and end up wanting the mini even more. I do like that the 12 is lighter than the 11 pro though. And it’s at 6.1”.

I hear you man. I was just going to get the 12 but decided to go for the Pro for the extra RAM and better camera. Though I know the Pro Max has all the bells and whistles.

Martheijn

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2020
Nederland
I am in doubt to buy the Pitaka MagCase pro, according to EverythingApplePro's drop test it comes out on top. Because I find the Mous Contour too slippery and I want good protection, I hesitate to buy the Pitaka. Does anyone have experience with this case?

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
Since I'm keeping my 11 Pro Max, figured I'd try a new case. I had a nightmare with an Otterbox Symmetry case. It was almost impossible to get on the device, once I did my phone got really hot. Then my signal would drop. Once out of the case, it was better. Found a nice one on Amazon that's similar but not quite as thick or hard to get on.
f8dc1dd7ec23465a34b6b1fa918645cb.jpg

Meifigno Glitter iPhone 11 Pro Max Case

jeremydc

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2013
Since I'm keeping my 11 Pro Max, figured I'd try a new case. I had a nightmare with an Otterbox Symmetry case. It was almost impossible to get on the device, once I did my phone got really hot. Then my signal would drop. Once out of the case, it was better. Found a nice one on Amazon that's similar but not quite as thick or hard to get on.
f8dc1dd7ec23465a34b6b1fa918645cb.jpg

Meifigno Glitter iPhone 11 Pro Max Case
Looks like a gottdang brick

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
I’m really tempted to order the 12 myself.

Lol! This is the first iPhone that I’ll be ordering outside of 64gigs. On my 11 pro after owning it for a year I only used 20-21gbs of storage. On my se2 I’m at a whopping 18gbs used out of 64. I’ll kick around the 12 a little more tonight and maybe order in the morning. I’d just hate to order the regular 12 and end up wanting the mini even more. I do like that the 12 is lighter than the 11 pro though. And it’s at 6.1”.

So what did you end up getting man? I had a 12 Pro on pre-order and ended up cancelling it, long story. So I pre-ordered the 12 Pro Max now lol. Not due until at least 11/20 though.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
So what did you end up getting man? I had a 12 Pro on pre-order and ended up cancelling it, long story. So I pre-ordered the 12 Pro Max now lol. Not due until at least 11/20 though.
I did brother. Got it on launch day and it’s been pretty good so far. Much easier on my eyes and easier to text/email.

When is your max scheduled for delivery?

Reactions: VaderRulez

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
I did brother. Got it on launch day and it’s been pretty good so far. Much easier on my eyes and easier to text/email.

When is your max scheduled for delivery?

Wait so you got what the Pro? Thought you were going for the mini?

Supposedly will be delivered on 11/20 but we shall see.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
That's awesome man. So you are digging it so far? What case(s) have you picked up?
So far, I picked up a black apple silicone case that I used since day 1 of taking delivery of the 12. I ordered a Nomad rugged natural leather case and have been using that for the past week and a half. I also picked up an Apple saddle brown leather case that I only used for a couple of hours before going back to the Nomad. I’m going to probably return both the silicone and apple leather cases and try desperately to stick with the Nomad. I change my mind every few hours so we’ll see. I just have such a hard time committing to one case for these damn phones. I can meal prep down to each gram I need to either loose 20-30lbs before a show to get down to 1-2% body fat and I can’t for the life of me be disciplined enough stick to one case.

What cases do you have so far man?

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
So far, I picked up a black apple silicone case that I used since day 1 of taking delivery of the 12. I ordered a Nomad rugged natural leather case and have been using that for the past week and a half. I also picked up an Apple saddle brown leather case that I only used for a couple of hours before going back to the Nomad. I’m going to probably return both the silicone and apple leather cases and try desperately to stick with the Nomad. I change my mind every few hours so we’ll see. I just have such a hard time committing to one case for these damn phones. I can meal prep down to each gram I need to either loose 20-30lbs before a show to get down to 1-2% body fat and I can’t for the life of me be disciplined enough stick to one case.

What cases do you have so far man?

Lol I hear you. I wish I had your discipline for meal prep. Maybe you can help a brother out lol.

Why are you choosing the Nomad over the Apple cases? What made you stick with the Nomad?

I have not purchased any yet as I don't have the device. Was thinking of Apple leather since that is my go to. But not totally sure I am feeling it due to the MagSafe stuff built in which I will likely never use.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Lol I hear you. I wish I had your discipline for meal prep. Maybe you can help a brother out lol.

Why are you choosing the Nomad over the Apple cases? What made you stick with the Nomad?

I have not purchased any yet as I don't have the device. Was thinking of Apple leather since that is my go to. But not totally sure I am feeling it due to the MagSafe stuff built in which I will likely never use.
Lol! I can help somewhat with meal prep, but it’s not to hard once you figure out what works for you.

The natural Nomad really caught my eye because of its strange color combination. Being all natural and untreated it should patina more quickly than the normal rustic brown that’s been treated with dye. The buttons are still terrible, but the trade off is, I have a bit more drop protection over the apple saddle brown.

The Apple saddle brown does not strike me as a full grain leather. It feels and smells like plastic. The case doesn’t fit my phone well and it’s super thin. Although, it is beautiful! The buttons have a really satisfying feeling. Almost as if there’s no case on the phone. The case should offer some drop protection, but not as much as the Nomad.

Overall, the Nomad fits myself and personality a bit more. Kind of beat up, while still being presentable... heh. Over time scars show, and I have plenty, and it should age well.

I think you would be happy with either case. They both have their pros and cons.

Robbosan

Suspended
Aug 21, 2020
Lol! I can help somewhat with meal prep, but it’s not to hard once you figure out what works for you.

The natural Nomad really caught my eye because of its strange color combination. Being all natural and untreated it should patina more quickly than the normal rustic brown that’s been treated with dye. The buttons are still terrible, but the trade off is, I have a bit more drop protection over the apple saddle brown.

The Apple saddle brown does not strike me as a full grain leather. It feels and smells like plastic. The case doesn’t fit my phone well and it’s super thin. Although, it is beautiful! The buttons have a really satisfying feeling. Almost as if there’s no case on the phone. The case should offer some drop protection, but not as much as the Nomad.

Overall, the Nomad fits myself and personality a bit more. Kind of beat up, while still being presentable... heh. Over time scars show, and I have plenty, and it should age well.

I think you would be happy with either case. They both have their pros and cons.
Did you order a mini or max? Or sticking with the 12. lol.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Did you order a mini or max? Or sticking with the 12. lol.
Ha! I think I’m going to order the mini and keep both, the 12 and the mini. I still haven’t sent my se2 into T-Mobile for my credit. I don’t think I will either. ? I like that little phone for what it is.

Are you sticking with the 12 only this year?

Robbosan

Suspended
Aug 21, 2020
Ha! I think I’m going to order the mini and keep both, the 12 and the mini. I still haven’t sent my se2 into T-Mobile for my credit. I don’t think I will either. ? I like that little phone for what it is.

Are you sticking with the 12 only this year?
Yeah i think so. It didn't cost me anything to swap my 11 pro for the 12, so i don't feel like throw more $ at them now.

Reactions: nrvous1

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019

Ok I am going to hold you accountable with meal prep lol!

The Nomad case does sound cool. But a bit of a bummer about the buttons ugh.

I like Apple leather cases but yeah they do kind of feel cheap. The ones from this year do look a lot different even from the one on my 11 Pro. I like that they finally are covering the bottom of the phone for once but with that MagSafe stuff meh.

Lol about the Nomad and your personality. You trying to tell us something man lol!

I still don't know what case to get. What color 12 did you order by the way?

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010

Doesn’t the Nomad have plastic around the sides? This has always put me off.

marzfreerider

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2014
Germany
in addition to my UAG monarch carbon fibre, I also picked up Apple's silicone mag safe case. The UAG was a scary tight fit (hard to get in the case, now it will be fun to remove). Apple's case was a perfect fit on and off easy.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
First time not getting Saddle Brown since the 7+. I love this combo! Thinking about getting the yellow MagSafe wallet.

View attachment 1665133
Same here, always used the Saddle Brown but got the blue case and blue 12 Pro Max. It looks great and I like the idea of the yellow wallet. No matter what case I try I always end up with the Apple leather case

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
How do you like that case? I have been reading some negative reviews on the new leather cases feeling plasticky etc.

I thought it didn’t feel as nice, but still like mine. I like the enclosed bottom on the new case. I wish it were flush on the back even if slightly thicker, no camera bump.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.