Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
Apart from the Mous cases are there any good quality cases that can be recommended that will hold up for long and protect the phone well?

How are UAG cases?

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Apart from the Mous cases are there any good quality cases that can be recommended that will hold up for long and protect the phone well?

How are UAG cases?
You can’t go wrong with good old otterbox’s. They’re bulky and a bit boring, but they function very well. I have bought so many cases and returned most of them only to keep coming back to an otterbox. Currently I have the commuter with a pop socket.

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012

How are UAG cases?
I have been using the Nomad Rugged for my X for 2 years every day now. It’s still great!

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
I have been using the Nomad Rugged for my X for 2 years every day now. It’s still great!
I don't think those cases are sold in the UK
[automerge]1575282255[/automerge]
You can’t go wrong with good old otterbox’s. They’re bulky and a bit boring, but they function very well. I have bought so many cases and returned most of them only to keep coming back to an otterbox. Currently I have the commuter with a pop socket.
I'll check them out

I am debating if I should return the Mous case. Mine doesn't seem to have any problems so far but all the complaints on here has got me thinking lol

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
I don't think those cases are sold in the UK
[automerge]1575282255[/automerge]

I'll check them out

I am debating if I should return the Mous case. Mine doesn't seem to have any problems so far but all the complaints on here has got me thinking lol

Can’t go wrong with the otterbox symmetry if you want protection and something not too bulky. Doesn’t mark or show fingerprints, can get wet and buttons are excellent.

Reactions: Zensō

cics

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2016
Milano
Hi everyone, new iPhone 11 Pro Max owner here. I'm looking for a case for my new phone, what do you suggest? What's the thinnest case that retains grip? I've tried the spiegen airskin but it's very slippery, looking for something similar but with a good grip.

Thanks

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Hi everyone, new iPhone 11 Pro Max owner here. I'm looking for a case for my new phone, what do you suggest? What's the thinnest case that retains grip? I've tried the spiegen airskin but it's very slippery, looking for something similar but with a good grip.

Thanks
People around here are big fans of the Caudabe Sheath. I have one on the way.

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
Another option is the studio color by tech21. It supposedly offers 8 feet of drop protection

I picked one up a week ago at Walmart. Went to the truck, put it on my phone, and then immediately took it off and walked back in to return it.

Very slippery and scratches very easily.

Reactions: kingston73

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
I picked one up a week ago at Walmart. Went to the truck, put it on my phone, and then immediately took it off and walked back in to return it.

Very slippery and scratches very easily.
Thanks for the quick review. I’ve been seriously considering getting one, but I was worried it would be to slick.

Reactions: AE14

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
I was at Best Buy and I saw Speck has a case called the Presidio Lite for the 8 Plus. Have you guys seen it before? I didn't see any for the 11s which was odd. It seems to be a much slimmer TPU version of the Presidio case (and cheaper!)

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
I will be returning the Mous case

I just realised that the buttons are really loose and flimsy especially the power button which isn't good enough for a £50 case tbh. Just need to think of one to replace it with.

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
Can’t go wrong with the otterbox symmetry if you want protection and something not too bulky. Doesn’t mark or show fingerprints, can get wet and buttons are excellent.
How is the quality

Can't believe Mous poor quality these days. They are expensive as well soo no excuses. I hope I can get my money back smh
[automerge]1575318788[/automerge]
The cases have an extreme bow in them as seen in the pictures above making it almost impossible to get the phone in. The leather on the contour cases is crap, take a look at the video I posted above. I have a feeling it’s not real leather since it starts to peel away from the case and flake off. The separation between the bottom lip and the charging port is where the “sag” is that everyone is talking about. In some cases the bottom lip doesn’t even touch the phone leaving a huge gap between the phone and case like what happened with my first contour. I had to modify my replacement contour case because of this issue. For the price of the case, this is crap from Mous. The buttons are complete trash and I mean TRASH!!!! If you’ve ever had the chance to try a tech 21, rhinoshield or almost any otterbox you will feel a huge difference in the way the buttons feel. That pretty much sums it up.
[automerge]1575237295[/automerge]

I have 7 total. 2 mous contour, 1 limitless, 1 otterbox clear symmetry, 1 otterbox commuter, 1 Nomad rugged and 1 Spigen liquid air.

Edit: I forgot to mention I also have 2 Apple leather cases (saddle brown and black) so 9 cases total.
Btw did Mous give you a refund? I have just emailed them and I want a refund. I am going to purchase an Otterbox case instead and hopefully it holds up. Very disappointed considering how expensive Mous cases are .

Reactions: blaine07

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
How is the quality

Can't believe Mous poor quality these days. They are expensive as well soo no excuses. I hope I can get my money back smh

Btw did Mous give you a refund? I have just emailed them and I want a refund. I am going to purchase an Otterbox case instead and hopefully it holds up. Very disappointed considering how expensive Mous cases are .
Otterbox has been around forever and although I haven’t used their cases for an extended amount of time, I’ve read and seen their cases hold up year after year. They are quality cases.

Yes, Mous emailed me explaining that I would need to send the case(s) back to a very specific address. Once they receive the case they will refund the method of payment.

I have to agree that their cases are a bit underwhelming considering how expensive they are. They buttons are some of the worst I’ve used on a phone case. If you get, really any otterbox you will see the huge difference in the way the case feels oceral and their buttons. Man, that makes a big difference in a phone case.

Reactions: AE14

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
How is the quality

My only issueS with the symmetry are:
- the rubber over the buttons and at the bottom is way too flexible
- the back of the case is way too slick for me

Reactions: Mel8899

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
Otterbox has been around forever and although I haven’t used their cases for an extended amount of time, I’ve read and seen their cases hold up year after year. They are quality cases.

Yes, Mous emailed me explaining that I would need to send the case(s) back to a very specific address. Once they receive the case they will refund the method of payment.

I have to agree that their cases are a bit underwhelming considering how expensive they are. They buttons are some of the worst I’ve used on a phone case. If you get, really any otterbox you will see the huge difference in the way the case feels oceral and their buttons. Man, that makes a big difference in a phone case.
Yes I am returning it because of the buttons. The power button for example on mine doesn't even touch fit the phone tightly so it feels all like you are pressing trapped air lol. That isn't good enough for a phone that cost me £50.
I had an Mous case for my Samsung S10 Plus and it was fine but it wasn't the new contour design.
Which Otterbox case do you recommend for the iPhone 11 pro because there are soo many models.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
The symmetry is super slick. But, it does feel good in the hands. I personally have settled on the commuter case. The buttons are a bit softer and it’s not as slick as the symmetry. It’s also bulkier than the symmetry. I slapped a pop socket on the back of mine and it’s been great so far.
[automerge]1575320237[/automerge]
Yes I am returning it because of the buttons. The power button for example on mine doesn't even touch fit the phone tightly so it feels all like you are pressing trapped air lol. That isn't good enough for a phone that cost me £50.
I had an Mous case for my Samsung S10 Plus and it was fine but it wasn't the new contour design.
Which Otterbox case do you recommend for the iPhone 11 pro because there are soo many models.
It depends on your needs. If you need ultimate protection then the defender is going to be your choice. After that, the symmetry for a sleek protective case with not much bulk. Then the commuter that offers about the same protection and a bit more size.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019

Wait till you get the sheath if you think the OB sides are flexible, the case will pull away from the phone in a drop, experienced it myself, chipped/cracked a $40 GSP on the side from 2ft onto a timber cupboard draw, lucky i had one on.
Was XS Max. I Wouldn't trust one again.

Reactions: nrvous1

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
Wait till you get the sheath if you think the OB sides are flexible, the case will pull away from the phone in a drop, experienced it myself, chipped/cracked a $40 GSP on the side from 2ft onto a timber cupboard draw, lucky i had one on.
Which one do you use/recommend?

It seems nearly all the cases are terrible. The official apple ones offer literally no protection.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
I had a sheath for the X and XS Max. Never had that issue but a bad fall can certainly happen. The one positive to the Symmetry is it is so nicely thin for a protective case.

Reactions: Hooterville
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.