Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
I had a sheath for the X and XS Max. Never had that issue but a bad fall can certainly happen. The one positive to the Symmetry is it is so nicely thin for a protective case.

I loved the sheath till that happened, as it was only 2ft i lost all confidence in their 6ft claim for such a thin case. Guess it's all about how it lands, but i reckon it wouldn't of happened in the symmetry as the sides are stiffer and thicker.
I even got a thin CarbonThat case for my Pro thinking i wanted thin/light as possible, and dropped it on the road about 3ft, lucky it landed on the back corners and got no damage.
Those are the only 2 times in a year i have dropped my phone though.
[automerge]1575325252[/automerge]
Which one do you use/recommend?

It seems nearly all the cases are terrible. The official apple ones offer literally no protection.

Its hard to get the perfect case, that's why we are all buying/trying so many. I am using the OB Symmetry i got it for $20 here when i bought some Bose 700, normally $59AUD retail.
Still have a CarbonThat case, very nice thin case but has no lip protection.

The OB does have a smooth back but doesn't worry me as the sides have grip.

TimothyL

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2019
I have the lander case for my 11. It’s the best case I’ve ever used and very protective. The lanyard on the back makes it worth every penny!
a2f2a828c6552a1e7395b543a9545d29.jpg

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Got a Mujjo Black Leather in the black friday sale for $54AUD with delivery. Has a 100 day return so will see.

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
I loved the sheath till that happened, as it was only 2ft i lost all confidence in their 6ft claim for such a thin case. Guess it's all about how it lands, but i reckon it wouldn't of happened in the symmetry as the sides are stiffer and thicker.
I even got a thin CarbonThat case for my Pro thinking i wanted thin/light as possible, and dropped it on the road about 3ft, lucky it landed on the back corners and got no damage.
Those are the only 2 times in a year i have dropped my phone though.
[automerge]1575325252[/automerge]

Its hard to get the perfect case, that's why we are all buying/trying so many. I am using the OB Symmetry i got it for $20 here when i bought some Bose 700, normally $59AUD retail.
Still have a CarbonThat case, very nice thin case but has no lip protection.

The OB does have a smooth back but doesn't worry me as the sides have grip.
well I will try the Otterbox and see what happens

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Just had a plumber come around had a 11 pro LifeProof Fre, nice looking case but man the oil slicks were really bad.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Caudabe sheath. Just ordered a black Apple leather. Also have a few Spigen's coming my way. The never ending quest for a good case goes forward.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
How was the crack......at the top of the case ?
I see what you did there. ?
[automerge]1575339478[/automerge]
Caudabe sheath. Just ordered a black Apple leather. Also have a few Spigen's coming my way. The never ending quest for a good case goes forward.
I have the apple black leather case. It’s really nice, but my phone was damaged from a knee high drop with the saddle brown case so I’ve been searching for that “perfect” protective case.

You can’t go wrong with Spigen. I have their liquid crystal case and it’s a nice fit, feel and the buttons are awesome. It also has decent lip protection.

Reactions: VaderRulez

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
I see what you did there. ?
[automerge]1575339478[/automerge]

I have the apple black leather case. It’s really nice, but my phone was damaged from a knee high drop with the saddle brown case so I’ve been searching for that “perfect” protective case.

You can’t go wrong with Spigen. I have their liquid crystal case and it’s a nice fit, feel and the buttons are awesome. It also has decent lip protection.

Sorry to hear about the damage. Yeah it will likely be an around the house or in the office type of case. I normally just get an Apple leather case but am expanding my horizons this year. I've tried out an Element and OB Symmetry, but sent both of them back. They were just a bit too bulky for my liking.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
How was the crack......at the top of the case ?

Sorry not my type of crack :)
[automerge]1575340724[/automerge]

I ordered the Mujjo black leather, don't know why though ;) i went on chat to cancel my Bellroy case and they offered the Mujjo for same price, i am a sucker, at least it will be black black.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.