Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Sorry to hear about the damage. Yeah it will likely be an around the house or in the office type of case. I normally just get an Apple leather case but am expanding my horizons this year. I've tried out an Element and OB Symmetry, but sent both of them back. They were just a bit too bulky for my liking.
Which element case did you try? I was thinking of trying the black ops because of how hard it would be to swap cases. I’d slap it on and then throw the screw driver away. That way I’d be forced to stick with one case and I think that might be the best solution for myself.
[automerge]1575341972[/automerge]
Sorry not my type of crack :)
[automerge]1575340724[/automerge]

I ordered the Mujjo black leather, don't know why though ;) i went on chat to cancel my Bellroy case and they offered the Mujjo for same price, i am a sucker, at least it will be black black.
Lol!! I like your style. I probably would have done the same thing.

Reactions: blaine07

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
I hate to throw Aaron’s name into this, but if anyone is looking for a rhinoshield solid suit they’re running their Black Friday sale. It offers a 15% off discount and if you use Aaron’s code of MOBILEREVIEWEH it takes an additional 5% off bringing to total down to $22.50+/- shipped. Not a bad deal for a decent case.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
ceca50027efa48aad12ab494d8ff42c3.jpg
9e2e31379c4bc276451d27a291884c07.jpg

Mous isn’t too bad; definitely couldn’t consciously recommend it at full price ask of $59.99. Don’t get me wrong, super solid feeling in hand, definitely feels like it could survive a good drop but power and volume buttons are just so-so; nothing worth writing home about. The back FEELS great but looks like a cheep sticker to me, they can’t include a whole damn package(like seriously?) and the price of accessories... sheesh somebody’s higher than a herd of Willie Nelson concert attendees. I really DO like case, at price I paid I’d say it’s fair... if I’d paid $60 it’d already be on its way back.

As my saying usually goes... paid a lot LESS for cases I liked a lot MORE.

sabesh

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
You got a leather Limitless 3.0 without the banana warp?
Maybe you should pickup a couple of Lottery tickets for tonight. ;)
My Limitless 3.0 was fine until today. It's now turned into a banana, lol.

It doesn't bother me though, as it's fine once fitted on the case ?
[automerge]1575370436[/automerge]
Has anyone tried the Zizo Bolt for the 11 Pro Max? If so, thoughts? Thx.

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
ceca50027efa48aad12ab494d8ff42c3.jpg
9e2e31379c4bc276451d27a291884c07.jpg

Mous isn’t too bad; definitely couldn’t consciously recommend it at full price ask of $59.99. Don’t get me wrong, super solid feeling in hand, definitely feels like it could survive a good drop but power and volume buttons are just so-so; nothing worth writing home about. The back FEELS great but looks like a cheep sticker to me, they can’t include a whole damn package(like seriously?) and the price of accessories... sheesh somebody’s higher than a herd of Willie Nelson concert attendees. I really DO like case, at price I paid I’d say it’s fair... if I’d paid $60 it’d already be on its way back.

As my saying usually goes... paid a lot LESS for cases I liked a lot MORE.
Yeah I was wondering when I got mine why the case wasn't covered...I thought I had an opened one and then I saw videos on youtube and realised that's how they send their cases, with it exposed lol

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
How are the official apple cases like the leather ones?

I don't think I am going to get the Otterbox one, the grip doesnt look good at all having seen a friends.
[automerge]1575378333[/automerge]
I’ve been using the Mous Contour with the black speckled back for about 3 weeks. So far no peeling issues. Fingers crossed!

Haven’t felt any of the other colors in person, but I heard the back material has a different texture depending on the color. With black supposedly being the grippiest.

I can vouch for the excellent grip. With my dry, slippery hands, this is one of the few cases that I can one-hand with confidence.

Due to the grip, relative slimness and drop protection, this has to be one of my all-time favorite cases. Just hoping the materials hold up over time.
How are the buttons?
My buttons are terrible and the power putton doesnt even touch the case so its like pressing trapped air

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
Mous asked me to review a case. I left a 3 star review, and they never published it. If you look at their website, it's all 5 star reviews. What BS!
I am waiting for them to reply and then I will ask for a refund
I do not want a replacement lol
£50 for a case that badly made

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
How are the official apple cases like the leather ones?

I don't think I am going to get the Otterbox one, the grip doesnt look good at all having seen a friends.

Apple cases are loved by many: grip on silicone cases is awesome, but some hate the attraction of lint. Others dislike the open bottom on  silicone and leather cases. In my experience the leather cases are somewhat slippery until they are broken-in, but many folks swear by  cases. Fit and function (buttons) on both is unsurpassed, IMO.

IMO, OB Symmetry is an awesome case. Buttons are great and it seems that the newest versions have improved grip, even on the back. Yes, the back is somewhat smooth and can slide off surfaces, but in the hand, I don’t think it is a factor, because of the grip on the sides.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Apple cases are loved by many: grip on silicone cases is awesome, but some hate the attraction of lint. Others dislike the open bottom on  silicone and leather cases. In my experience the leather cases are somewhat slippery until they are broken-in, but many folks swear by  cases. Fit and function (buttons) on both is unsurpassed, IMO.

IMO, OB Symmetry is an awesome case. Buttons are great and it seems that the newest versions have improved grip, even on the back. Yes, the back is somewhat smooth and can slide off surfaces, but in the hand, I don’t think it is a factor, because of the grip on the sides.
I’d have to agree. I freaking love my saddle brown Apple leather case and it’s the only case I was able to use for an entire month before I dropped my phone and damaged the bottom. So now I’m using the otterbox commuter. The buttons are awesome to press and it just looks amazing on the iPhone. Plus, it started to patina nicely adding even more character to the phone. It also did develops better grip over the month that I used it and it just kept getting better. I’m always careful with my phones, but this one time I drop it; the phone lands perfectly where the apple case doesn’t cover the bottom. And that’s where the damage is.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Just ordered the Dbrand Grip case and a couple of skins for the back while it's still on sale.

Received an email after I ordered and paid that states my order will ship within 7-14 days because of the Black Friday rush. WTF, they should have told me this before I paid. :mad:

Last edited:
Reactions: AE14

sabesh

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
Just ordered the Dbrand Grip case and a couple of skins for the back while it's still on sale.

Received an email after I ordered and paid that states my order will ship within 7-14 days because of the Black Friday rush. WTF, they should have told me this before I paid. :mad:
I have it. It's a pretty good case. Light, slim, grippy for a drop protective case.

Reactions: Hooterville

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
And they have corrected their own sagging problem at the mute rocker switch and the lightning port. Is trust their fit and finish over Mous any day.
this good to know. I had heard about that problem for them in the last iteration.

That said, I hate those darn symmetrical cutouts

sabesh

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
yes lol, what’s the 2 grey ones like?

I don't have them yet.
[automerge]1575404550[/automerge]

eBay, TechnicallyTee from YouTube was selling them.
[automerge]1575404672[/automerge]
Dbrand Grip with Black Swarm & Black Dragon skins.

View attachment 880600 View attachment 880601
[automerge]1575402397[/automerge]

I purchased and returned a couple of Ballistic Jewel Spark cases. Didn't like the look of them. I might try the X90 case. Seems interesting.

Nice, Swarm was one of the skins that I ordered and will ship within 7-14 days ?

Reactions: AE14

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Man you lot have it good in US. We dont get much deals here in UK. Im still pissed at the fact that Otterbox never released Midget Vader Symmetry case for XS in UK.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.