Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Dooooo itttttt!!! ? on a side note, I think I’m going to order the element black ops case. Or their cheaper bumper case the vapor-s.

I had the Black Ops for the iPhone XS Max and never used it as the red metal buttons were very sharp on the inside and wouldhave scratched my phones buttons to death. Hopefully they add some padding or something to the inside of the buttons by now.

Any 50% off deals for the element cases?

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
I had the Black Ops for the iPhone XS Max and never used it as the red metal buttons were very sharp on the inside and wouldhave scratched my phones buttons to death. Hopefully they add some padding or something to the inside of the buttons by now.

Any 50% off deals for the element cases?
And something was telling me to wait as I stared at the black ops in my checkout basket. I had a feeling that I would get the case and immediately dislike it and end up sending it back. While my otterbox commuter is functioning well and protected my phone again from a pocket drop today at work onto tile floor similar to the gym floor drop I had a few days ago. Why must we torture ourselves like this trying case after case??

And unfortunately there aren’t any 50% off codes that I know of.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
And something was telling me to wait as I stared at the black ops in my checkout basket. I had a feeling that I would get the case and immediately dislike it and end up sending it back. While my otterbox commuter is functioning well and protected my phone again from a pocket drop today at work onto tile floor similar to the gym floor drop I had a few days ago. Why must we torture ourselves like this trying case after case??

And unfortunately there aren’t any 50% off codes that I know of.

I see Lunatik is back in business with their high dollar offerings.

Tempted to order the white UAG Pathfinder. If they had the orange/rust color, I'd be all over it.
30% off is not bad for UAG.

Last edited:

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX

Tempted to order the white UAG Pathfinder. If they had the orange/rust color, I'd be all over it.
$169 is better than $249. Any codes for the lunatik cases?

That white pathfinder does look nice though. I was thinking of ordering the arctic se camo. It’s also reduced by a bit.

Last edited:

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019

Yeah free shipping too, although from Honk Kong to Australia not sure how long that takes. I can't see anything i like with UAG anymore, used to be a Monarch fan. It's the only case now with no name/branding on it.
Anyone got one?

sabesh

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
How are the buttons on that? I thought about getting one and then watched a video that said the buttons were tough so I didn't. I looks pretty nice, I like that skin.
Hmmm, I don't find the buttons tough. Well, it's slightly tougher than some cases (ex: Gear4), but certainly not what I'd call "tough" or "hard to press". I have no issues with the buttons.

Neko72

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2019
Hey guys, after reading 80 pages I cannot decide whether I should return my Mous Contour Specked black or not... (mine has no gap, everything ok)
I found the Mous Contour looking for a case that would protect my iPhone 11 from drops about 100% of the times.... ? and I have small hands so I don't want a brick.. any suggestions??

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
Just bought the new Otterbox Figura from the Apple store. Will be here tomorrow. I remember seeing/feeling the XS version, but not liking the back design. Can’t remember how the case felt. We’ll see...

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Just bought the new Otterbox Figura from the Apple store. Will be here tomorrow. I remember seeing/feeling the XS version, but not liking the back design. Can’t remember how the case felt. We’ll see...
That looks interesting. I was looking on otterbox’s website and I couldn’t find the figura without a pop socket. Does your come with a pop socket?

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017

How are UAG's quality?

does their case turn yellow after a period of time?

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
That looks interesting. I was looking on otterbox’s website and I couldn’t find the figura without a pop socket. Does your come with a pop socket?

Nope. Dunno if it’s exclusive to Apple or what...without the PopSocket.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
UAG Monarch, all black, carbon or red version?
Love the all black but the fingerprints/smudges on the black drove me crazy with the Note 10 Plus version.

Maybe I'll try the carbon :confused:

Reactions: sabesh

sabesh

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
UAG Monarch, all black, carbon or red version?
Love the all black but the fingerprints/smudges on the black drove me crazy with the Note 10 Plus version.

Maybe I'll try the carbon :confused:
I have All Black, and have no issues with fingerprints or smudges, but can't speak for everyone's palms, lol.

BTW, it's slim on the sides, but tall, coming all the way above the screen. Feels like a brick. The buttons are one of the two best I've tried this year, along with Nimbus9 Phantom 2. I also like my Gear4 Battersea Black for grip and protection.

Last edited:

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
If anyone wants to take that load of Ballistic cases off my hands for what I paid plus shipping please let me know?

I got them in today and I'm just not too crazy about any of them. ?

Reactions: sabesh

Megapickle

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2018
Thanks for the Apple folio comments guys. I missed out on a good open-box deal, so I jumped when I saw it for $83. Glad to hear it's a fair price. Never thought I'd spend more than $40 on a phone case!?!

One negative so far is that the folio case isn't compatible with my clip-style car mount. The tension of the clip squishes the leather flap, and I'm guessing would cause some damage over time.

I'm liking the auto screen lock when closing the flap. Not a game changer, but it's a nice little convenience.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Would you be willing to sell single cases? I was thinking of trying the Rose Gold? Jewel Spark.
Meant to reply to Hooterville.

Do I even have the rose gold Jewel Spark? The Jewel Spark looks to be the best case of the bunch.
If so, how about $20.00 plus $3.50 for shipping via PayPal?

Reactions: Buckeye2009
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.