Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
I don't have them yet.
[automerge]1575404550[/automerge]

eBay, TechnicallyTee from YouTube was selling them.
[automerge]1575404672[/automerge]

Nice, Swarm was one of the skins that I ordered and will ship within 7-14 days ?
What’s technically tee’s eBay store name? He has an 11 pro max though so there might not be much for us 11 pro peeps.

Reactions: Hooterville

trmiv

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2011
Anyone else have the Evutec Karbon for the 11 Pro Max? I bought one a a few weeks ago and so far I’m so disappointed compared to the same case I had for my XS Max. every time I grip the phone I can feel the sides squishing in and sliding. Really poor side fit.

so I emailed Evutec about how poor the fit is on this year’s 11 Pro Max Karbon case compared to the one for the XS Max. This is the response I got.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

We will pass this msg to manufacturer.

Best regards
Customer Team

and this was a case I bought directly from their website, not from a store. Terrible customer service. I really expected more from Evutec. Probably done purchasing their cases.

Reactions: bdm219 and AE14

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
I’d have to agree. I freaking love my saddle brown Apple leather case and it’s the only case I was able to use for an entire month before I dropped my phone and damaged the bottom. So now I’m using the otterbox commuter. The buttons are awesome to press and it just looks amazing on the iPhone. Plus, it started to patina nicely adding even more character to the phone. It also did develops better grip over the month that I used it and it just kept getting better. I’m always careful with my phones, but this one time I drop it; the phone lands perfectly where the apple case doesn’t cover the bottom. And that’s where the damage is.
I had the apple silicon case and it offered hardly any protection especially to the bottom of the phone
How are the leather ones? Better protecting the phone or is the Otterbox Symmetry a better choice?

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
I had the apple silicon case and it offered hardly any protection especially to the bottom of the phone
How are the leather ones? Better protecting the phone or is the Otterbox Symmetry a better choice?
No, they are exactly the same case besides one being silicone and the other leather. They each offer no protection at the bottom of the case and no where near the protection that an otterbox offers.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019

The OB can handle getting wet too, i just got out of the surf and just started using it no problems.

It's all about how it drops with apple cases, pot luck.

Reactions: nrvous1

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
What’s technically tee’s eBay store name? He has an 11 pro max though so there might not be much for us 11 pro peeps.

His user name is tee00max but I don't think he has a store. He also has a group of iPhone 11 Ballistic cases up there for $75.00

Reactions: nrvous1

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Has anyone tried the lifeproof next case? It seems to have a killer 2 piece design that keeps dirt and debris out. It has been said to be similar to the otterbox defender as far as protections goes. It’s on sale too, but still pricey at $62.

Edit: Nevermind, I just watched a few videos and it seems to have some serious rainbow affect on the back plastic part.

Last edited:

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
Dbrand Grip with Black Swarm & Black Dragon skins.

View attachment 880600 View attachment 880601
[automerge]1575402397[/automerge]

I purchased and returned a couple of Ballistic Jewel Spark cases. Didn't like the look of them. I might try the X90 case. Seems interesting.

How are the buttons on that? I thought about getting one and then watched a video that said the buttons were tough so I didn't. I looks pretty nice, I like that skin.

Hughey79

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2017
Iowa
I am looking for some particular. Having the hardest time picking a case. gone through all the threads. all 79 pages of this. Had the Apple silicone. Buttons sucked. Few clear cases. Need more grip. Currently with the Speck grip and grip is definitely there but looking for something thinner.
Dbrand? Another Spigen like the liquid air armor? Pitaka? Apple leather hearing this years is better for grip?
Want something thats minimal but has better to great grip.
Thanks for all that added to this thread so far.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Sure wish MagPul would make their field case for the 11 Pro Max. These were some fantastic cases.
Not looking good so far.

Reactions: AE14

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I have it. It's a pretty good case. Light, slim, grippy for a drop protective case.
Can you share photos of it on the phone? I remember wanting to order this back when it wasn't available to just anyone (don't recall if it was by invite only or something different).

Edit: Disregard. I see you already posted a couple. That swarm skin looks great.

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
Mous customer service is pretty useless tbh

I emailed saying the quality of the buttons are poor and they replied telling me to send them a video showing the problem....

I mean most companies offer you a refund/replacement when you have only had the case for less than a week without needing evidence. I don't think I will purchase from them again!!

The issue I am having is the Mouse case buttons are soo poor especially the power button. It's like the case doesnt touch the button itself so you feel a lot of air whenever you press the power button. No clue what I should do now!!!

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Mous customer service is pretty useless tbh

I emailed saying the quality of the buttons are poor and they replied telling me to send them a video showing the problem....

I mean most companies offer you a refund/replacement when you have only had the case for less than a week without needing evidence. I don't think I will purchase from them again!!

The issue I am having is the Mouse case buttons are soo poor especially the power button. It's like the case doesnt touch the button itself so you feel a lot of air whenever you press the power button. No clue what I should do now!!!

For the price of their cases they should be *perfect*

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Exactly

I am annoyed because it looks like I am stuck with it smh.
They asked me for pictures of where the case sag was on my contour case. Once I sent them a pic they sent a replacement case that still had the problem. After I told them I wasn’t satisfied they sent me a weird return shipping address and said once they received the case I would be refunded. I never sent the cases back though so that was my fault. Their case buttons and finish have been really bad and I’ll never buy another Mous case.

Reactions: Hooterville

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
I will never buy a Mous case, I bought one for my xs max and returned it. Got a run around for weeks claiming I didn't send it back and then just got ignored for a while. I finally got a refund after maybe a month of pestering them.

Megapickle

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2018
On an impulse buy, I picked up an 11 Pro Apple Folio case from Best Buy. The salesperson said he could price match for $83 including tax.

I haven’t shopped around. Is $83 a decent price for the Apple folio?

Can anyone who is currently using the Apple folio chime in on their day-to-day experience? How are you liking/hating it?

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
On an impulse buy, I picked up an 11 Pro Apple Folio case from Best Buy. The salesperson said he could price match for $83 including tax.

Can anyone who is currently using the Apple folio chime in on their day-to-day experience? How are you liking/hating it?

You could buy 2 1/2 here for that lol. $199AUD. I had one for X and loved it got it cheap off ebay though.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX

The only complaints I’ve read are the usual; the bottom isn’t covered and there’s no magnetic clasp to hold the folio door closed. Other than that, $83 is a good price and it’s a nice case.

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
They asked me for pictures of where the case sag was on my contour case. Once I sent them a pic they sent a replacement case that still had the problem. After I told them I wasn’t satisfied they sent me a weird return shipping address and said once they received the case I would be refunded. I never sent the cases back though so that was my fault. Their case buttons and finish have been really bad and I’ll never buy another Mous case.
Wow

I don't think they'll take mine back as the problem won't be big enough...I guess only if the speckled leather stars to fall apart. I guess I am stuck with it, no point spending more money on a case when this one cost £50.
[automerge]1575508608[/automerge]
I will never buy a Mous case, I bought one for my xs max and returned it. Got a run around for weeks claiming I didn't send it back and then just got ignored for a while. I finally got a refund after maybe a month of pestering them.
Same

Never buying them again. I always thought they were quality and were worth the extra money but the latest ones have been trash.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.