Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
5195d8880f1485eb5bc3ddb41d9ff026.png

Bargain. Gonna try this out. Have liked them before. Usually a solid case

Reactions: Mel8899

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
I just switched back to my Ringke Fusion (my “temp” case when the phone was released lol) from my Mous Contour. Hadn’t been in this thread in a while and saw a few pages back about the leather seeming to wear prematurely. Noticed that on mine and realized I’ve only had it for a little over a month! My Nomad I had for a lot longer and it didn’t wear nearly as bad. Anyway I contacted customer service so we’ll see what they say.

sabesh

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Getting a DBrand Grip case! Been wanting one since the XS Max but i heard that iteration was faulty. It seems to be better now. Also got a black skin for my camera from DBrand because sometimes that green is hard to match with other phone case colors. Anyone else has the DBrand Grip?
Yeah, it's my current favourite. Very light case, yet feels protective. I'm also using it on my Samsung Galaxy S10+.

Megapickle

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2018
My Apple leather folio went back today.

As much as I like the idea of a folio case, the flap was just too cumbersome for day-to-day use. Especially when answering phone calls, or trying to snap a quick photo of my kid. It felt like adding an extra step to everything I do with the phone.

Not being compatible with my car vent mount was another knock against the case.

The auto wake/sleep wasn’t as cool as I imagined it would be. Especially since I still have to unlock the phone after opening the flap.

I felt oddly self-conscious having to open the case each time I wanted to glance at the time, or check a text.

All that being said, I still want to love folio cases, and might even give it a shot later down the road.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
damn ? that means i probably won’t get mines till january ?

What sucks is that I ordered when the sale was going on, only after I paid did I receive an email saying due to high demand it will ship within 7-14 days. ? No mention of delayed shipping until after they got my money.
[automerge]1576247748[/automerge]
Why you say that lol!?

Bartlesville kind of sounds like Hooterville from Green Acres :oops:
[automerge]1576247833[/automerge]
Yeah, it's my current favourite. Very light case, yet feels protective. I'm also using it on my Samsung Galaxy S10+.

How hard was the skin to get on the back around that thin area of the camera cutout?

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Finally got my cases. They all fit well. I'm starting with the clear Spigen one.
Still on the clear case. Great fit, grippy, and not gone yellow yet. I discovered a new "trick": I turned on the "LED flash for alerts" option under accessibilities, and when placed with the camera (and hence flash LED) face down, whenever I get a call or notification the entire sides of the case flash brightly. Cool.

Reactions: nrvous1

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Still on the clear case. Great fit, grippy, and not gone yellow yet. I discovered a new "trick": I turned on the "LED flash for alerts" option under accessibilities, and when placed with the camera (and hence flash LED) face down, whenever I get a call or notification the entire sides of the case flash brightly. Cool.
I’ve used Spigen cases in the past and have their liquid air in black. Definitely nice cases and the flash trick is a good idea.

Reactions: adrianlondon

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Found this one on aliexpress, price is sort of very cheap around $4 :oops:
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/LW3KZjZe
but seems to have plenty of good reviews, no iphone 11 photos but they offer a version for 11 too

View attachment 882559
[automerge]1576259851[/automerge]
Or maybe this one for $10, they seem to have plenty of cheap ones:
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/eYUC14JO

View attachment 882560
View attachment 882561
I’ve seen some of what I think are the exact same cases sold here for much more on aliexpress especially the totallee and bare cases. While they’re selling those cases for $25-$35 they’re selling for $1-$2 on aliexpress.

lollkat

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2015
I’ve seen some of what I think are the exact same cases sold here for much more on aliexpress especially the totallee and bare cases. While they’re selling those cases for $25-$35 they’re selling for $1-$2 on aliexpress.
The only downside ordering there is the shipping, it's often free but can take a month or two

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Nice!! That’s the pelican shield?
How’s the interior? Does it have a rubberized material that touches the phone or is it hard plastic like the inside of the otterbox defender?

Yea, the Shield. It has a rubberized material along all of the inside edges including the part that actually touches the front display. No worries about it scratching the edges or display of your phone like the Defender. The buttons are fantastic but this case is as slippery as a greased pig. The back also looks like a thin piece of printed cardboard and shows fingerprints like no tomorrow.

Plus once your phone is in you will literally need a crow bar to get it back out. I've had this case in the past and have no clue why I ordered it again. It's feeling like an Amazon return to me.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Yea, the Shield. It has a rubberized material along all of the inside edges including the part that actually touches the front display. No worries about it scratching the edges or display of your phone like the Defender. The buttons are fantastic but this case is as slippery as a greased pig. The back also looks like a thin piece of printed cardboard and shows fingerprints like no tomorrow.

Plus once your phone is in you will literally need a crow bar to get it back out. I've had this case in the past and have no clue why I ordered it again. It's feeling like an Amazon return to me.

?Thanks for the quick rundown before I ordered the case. I almost, almost pulled the trigger just now.

Edit: Does anyone know of a fat case besides the defender pro or the shield that has a similar inner lining? Like a tpu or rubberized inner lining? I’m feeling anxious with such a thin case on my phone. And I’ve dropped it once already today.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
?Thanks for the quick rundown before I ordered the case. I almost, almost pulled the trigger just now.

Edit: Does anyone know of a fat case besides the defender pro or the shield that has a similar inner lining? Like a tpu or rubberized inner lining? I’m feeling anxious with such a thin case on my phone. And I’ve dropped it once already today.

The Shield is a decent case. I just can't handle the fingerprints or slipperiness of it. The sides are that hard plastic and have zero grip at all.

I still have a gray and blue Ballistic Tough Jacket case for $20.00 a piece if you need a decent heavy duty case with good grip. This is a good fat case.

ball01.jpg

Reactions: AE14 and VaderRulez

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
The Shield is a decent case. I just can't handle the fingerprints or slipperiness of it. The sides are that hard plastic and have zero grip at all.

I still have a gray and blue Ballistic Tough Jacket case for $20.00 a piece if you need a decent heavy duty case with good grip. This is a good fat case.

View attachment 882611

Wow that is definitely a fat case!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.