Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
Is the official apple leather case for the 13 pro max a poor buy? I have read that the phone pops out from the corners of the case and the leather this year is poor quality.

Reactions: Brooke795

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
I’m probably the most unlucky guy when it comes to Apple leather covers, I’ve only had my 13 Pro 2 weeks and already on my 3rd case which itself is already showing issues and going back to Apple tomorrow.

#1 - Dark Cherry that I opened at home after buying phone & case in store, as soon as I opened the box it was clear there was a defect in the leather or it had been damaged at factory (definitely not grain or scarring from the animal hide). Took back to Apple store and they exchanged for another colour (my choice).

#2 - Sequoia Green that looked fine in the box so took it home. Fitted it to phone and quickly found that MagSafe wasn’t working on it, charger barely held on. Back to Apple store again and they exchanged no issue (swapped colour at same time because why not).

#3 - Midnight that I took out of box in the store to check it was free of damage and MagSafe worked, which it did and I was happily walking out thinking it was finally solved. Got home and later realised the buttons were extremely stiff and barely registered presses, it pretty much takes pure muscle to activate Apple Pay. Took the case off and you can see the buttons seem too big for the recesses on the inside so they’re almost wedged in position………URGH. Booked in to the store again tomorrow where I’m giving it one more chance and if not then I’ll just give up and get something different.

#4 guess it’s only rude to not go for Golden Brown since I’ve swapped colours every time.

I’m convinced the quality has gone downhill as I had an IPhone 6 with leather case for 4 years with zero issues and an IPhone XS with leather case for 3 years with again no issues.

Thank Christ for their 2 week returns policy that resets with every exchange.
So did you stick with the golden brown ? I never had any issue with apple store cases like this ….I’m back in the green leather and no issues Almost sounds like some were fake ..

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
View attachment 1687553 View attachment 1687554

*the chalky white cast on the older Magpul case is from hundreds of alcohol cleanings, it's easily fixed
I just got this for $6 on eBay for my 12 pro , I like it all things considered:

IMG_2544.jpg

Lakersfan74

Suspended
Oct 17, 2019
So there hasn’t been any changes to the 12 series Apple leather cases since they first came out? Is the lip equal to the silicone? That’s my only gripe about the silicone other than snagging clothing the lip is minimal as the phone wants to snap out every now and then

iGeneo

macrumors demi-god
Jul 3, 2010
Anybody try the Arc Pulse case for the 12 Pro Max?

I did for my 14 Max… TBH, it’s too big, meaning thick. Can’t use my BMW Wireless charger. It also just seems awkward,

Sent it back, sticking with my Pitaka case

Reactions: _Spinn_

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
I went ahead and ordered the clear bumper with the back protectors. They’ll be here tomorrow. It probably look weird to people, but I also have these camera lens protectors on the camera, since a couple of my cases are not raised above the camera lens. I don’t pay attention to them sticking out anymore.

66fa23c54f771b0e5aafb16daacc8d20.png

8558a18a65b0e7898a052ca2ce567813.png

fc26cb9690b0e7f38c16d9f5155edfb3.png
@ Staceym and @Numerati How did this bumper turn out? Is you still have it, could you post some pic please?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.