Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Going to pick up a plum silicone tomorrow at my apple store and have a Cyprus green silicone coming on Wednesday. Will get a black leather when it’s available.

nothing 3rd party yet seems enticing.

Im picking up plum tomorrow too from my local apple store. Within 30 mins the delivery dates got moved from 22nd to 30th Oct hence decided to pick up.

I hope they do California Poppy leather case. Really liking that color.

Reactions: decypher44 and AE14

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Disappointed with Mous. They still rolling with old cut outs ?
Agreed, that’s a no go all these years into the asymmetrical speakers. Kind of like the silicone “holes” instead of full cut outs.

curious about RhinoShields cutouts and if Pitaka makes the mag pro with the right cut outs

Reactions: Sal09

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Have a black silicone case coming Thursday, some iCarez screen protectors (some of the best edge to edge tempered glass), and this Ringke Fusion. Have it for my 11 pro max and love it because it’s got a frosted back. No fingerprints and minimal.

I pick up my phone in store on Friday and I’m sure I’ll be leaving with more 🤣

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Have a black silicone case coming Thursday, some iCarez screen protectors (some of the best edge to edge tempered glass), and this Ringke Fusion. Have it for my 11 pro max and love it because it’s got a frosted back. No fingerprints and minimal.

I pick up my phone in store on Friday and I’m sure I’ll be leaving with more ?

Which color phone did you opt for?

Would love to see Black on Pacific Blue (my other half leaning towards that combo).

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
I ordered these 3. I absolutely fell in love with Pink Citrus. I’m on the fence about the other two. I’ll have to see them in person. I’m disappointed that Surf Blue wasn’t included this season. It’s one of my favorite colors. Oh well!

F2C470A3-BF4C-4C2F-9FEE-84305BED5AE8.jpeg

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
I ordered these 3. I absolutely fell in love with Pink Citrus. I’m on the fence about the other two. I’ll have to see them in person. I’m disappointed that Surf Blue wasn’t included this season. It’s one of my favorite colors. Oh well!

View attachment 968229
I hope they bring back ultra violet in near future. My favourite case.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Agreed, that’s a no go all these years into the asymmetrical speakers. Kind of like the silicone “holes” instead of full cut outs.

curious about RhinoShields cutouts and if Pitaka makes the mag pro with the right cut outs
RhinoShield have scared me for life. Even though some people like that tight fit but oh boy i was always scared to take it off from my XS.

Reactions: AE14

lude156

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2010
Do you guys know if I have to make an appointment to shop inside the Apple store? Or can I just walk right in?

sjwinter

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2009
Do you guys know if I have to make an appointment to shop inside the Apple store? Or can I just walk right in?

I think it depends on their appointments that day. I haven’t made one. I walked in the other day and bought a series 6 Apple Watch. I walked in a week or two before that and bought a new iPad Pro. But it seems like most people are making appointments.

Reactions: Jovijoker

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
In UK Yes. I can only pick up my order in the scheduled window. But they were doing walk ins yesterday but the wait time was horrendous.

Attachments

• 28E230A3-86A1-47A5-8A3B-397D9CB3DC3F.jpeg
    28E230A3-86A1-47A5-8A3B-397D9CB3DC3F.jpeg
    171.7 KB · Views: 432
Reactions: AE14

kanga1622

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
My Otterbox Defenders arrived yesterday. Mine is blue/olive green and my husband picked out the navy/gray. Can’t wait for the screen protectors and phones to arrive so we can put it all together.

Last edited:

jeremydc

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2013
Tough call here. Not with the case but the combo. Either Red Mini/Saddle Brown leather case or Black Mini / Product Red leather case. Maybe a Poll?

Mr. Heckles

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2018
Around
Otterbox use to make my favorite wallet case and they don't make them anymore, and haven't for years. I think the iPhone 6 was the last to have this case. Now I use a Folio case, and I am not 100% happy with it, but I hate carrying a wallet even more.
This is what I got for my new 12 Pro
61YjsDPtm4L.jpg

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
I have used Encased for a long time for it's durability on all my iPhones.
Finding one with a belt clip is a feat - very hard to find....

I wear 2 iPhones during the week so it's important to have both on belt clips.

Here's the 12 Pro case w/ belt clip that just came in:
IMG_6407.jpg

BradWI

Suspended
Aug 29, 2011
Torras Slim Fit case in black. Had the same case for my 11 Pro for a full year with no issues. Slim, prevents scratches, no branding, not a fingerprint magnet, soft touch finish feels great in hand. Comes in other metallic colors but from what I’ve seen those finishes wear off over time. The matte black doesn’t wear off. Great stealthy look.

61tVIBkqEVL._AC_SX679_.jpg

chrisdazzo

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2006
Mountains
Torras Slim Fit case in black. Had the same case for my 11 Pro for a full year with no issues. Slim, prevents scratches, no branding, not a fingerprint magnet, soft touch finish feels great in hand. Comes in other metallic colors but from what I’ve seen those finishes wear off over time. The matte black doesn’t wear off. Great stealthy look.
Got something similar for my 12 Pro. I genuinely do not understand the “tiny phone, enormous case” trend. Are people that clumsy?

Reactions: SMacDuff

kanga1622

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
Got something similar for my 12 Pro. I genuinely do not understand the “tiny phone, enormous case” trend. Are people that clumsy?

In my case - Yes! I tend to drop things on a regular basis. I also have a giant dog that sometimes knocks into us because he believes he’s much smaller than he actually is. Coupled with all that two young kids. So bulky case for the win! My phones are safe and I don’t worry when they fall.

Bea220

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2020
SoCal
I ordered the 12 Pro Pacific Blue (256GB) and went with the Apple MagSafe clear case. I don't mind the white magnet on the back of the case. That's coming on the 21st. Sadly, phone is scheduled for 10/30-11/4. I always have crap luck getting my preorders and never lock in the release date. I completed my order at 5:17 a.m. due to the site not being ready for at least 5 minutes once it hit 5 a.m. (along with multiple timeouts/bad gateway notifications)

I'm now on the hunt for a good screen protector but that Belkin one for $40 seems a tad too steep.

Last edited:

Bea220

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2020
SoCal

Super tempted by the kumquat! Favorite color is orange but I think I'll wait to see how I feel about the clear case and go look at this case once it is available in-store to see how I like the color. I'm excited to show off the pacific blue for a bit.

I pick up my phone in store on Friday and I’m sure I’ll be leaving with more 🤣

I'm going to check this case out. Thanks! As for the screen protectors... would you recommend this one? I'm kind of digging the edge to edge coverage. My X's notch has some light scratches since my screen protector didn't cover the notch.

iCarez SP

Last edited:
Reactions: thatappleguytoday
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.