Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
View attachment 968586
Just picked up the plum silicone. Very impressed, also seems like it will be very firm against the phone. I have the green coming for my graphite 12 pro on Wednesday

Looks great. That color should pair well with Graphite. I am still a little hesitant on this whole MagSafe thing and cannot wait until Friday to see when the phone is actually in the hands of users. I am curious the fit of the phone in the case as it seems like Apple is heading in the direction of having the magnet hold the phone in place vs. the nice snug fit of the traditional Apple cases. I could be completely wrong but first impressions come Friday will tell the story.

Reactions: AE14

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Looks great. That color should pair well with Graphite. I am still a little hesitant on this whole MagSafe thing and cannot wait until Friday to see when the phone is actually in the hands of users. I am curious the fit of the phone in the case as it seems like Apple is heading in the direction of having the magnet hold the phone in place vs. the nice snug fit of the traditional Apple cases. I could be completely wrong but first impressions come Friday will tell the story.
I will say, the sides of the case are very firm. The only area that has a little give is the area over the volume buttons.

I will be interested to see the fit as well.

Oblivion1337

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2018
UK
A1C5fKZPhEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Have gone for a FitBag pouch in blue to match the PB Pro.

Thanks for the tip on the brand introduction.
I am exactly looking for Alcantara pouch which is similar to Waterfield design which I used to during iPh4 times.

http://fitBAG Classic Black custom ...B08KTQ2BGL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_57xJFbDP70X3A

Reactions: cambookpro

klky

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2015
Ordered the Caudabe Veil. Have used the same case for the iPhone X and 11 Pro.

Seanz25

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2020
Are the Otterbox cases still as good as they used to be when it comes to drop protection? Haven't used one in several years (have used cheaper android phones) but the last one I had was fantastic and prevented the phone from cracks and breaks well.

marklcfc

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2007
Are they not making the leather ones anymore?
The one I have on my iPhone 8 is great quality which looks good years down the line, but the list of options on Apples site doesn't show anything like that.

majus

Contributor
Mar 25, 2004
Oklahoma City, OK
Are the Otterbox cases still as good as they used to be when it comes to drop protection? Haven't used one in several years (have used cheaper android phones) but the last one I had was fantastic and prevented the phone from cracks and breaks well.
I feel sure they are. I ordered mine (Defender) Saturday, apparently just in time too. This morning they are sold out of the Blue color I bought.

Reactions: Pirate! and Seanz25

Seanz25

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2020
Thanks for the heads up, for now I've purchased the mous case, the main thing for me is preventing damage from drops and they seem to have gone large on that front, they also have relatively good reviews. Hope your Otterbox works out though, as I said was a great case when I owned one way back when!

jahin17

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2016
London
Tempted to get this one from Amazon. Prefer the very thin cases but I’m torn between this and the normal blue silicon case. O2 are currently giving a free Anker wireless charging pad with there’s, so tempted to go for that especially as I get 20% off.

Attachments

• F3D9AD9B-B423-4B78-85A7-24A802BCD0F9.jpeg
    F3D9AD9B-B423-4B78-85A7-24A802BCD0F9.jpeg
    662.8 KB · Views: 244
Reactions: Sal09

Elwots

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2016
I ordered the Apple silicone case. I don’t use a case all the time, so I usually only buy one case for the year I’ll have the phone. Apple cases are overpriced, but definitely the best quality IMO.

Elektrofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2010
View attachment 968586
Just picked up the plum silicone. Very impressed, also seems like it will be very firm against the phone. I have the green coming for my graphite 12 pro on Wednesday

How does the feel of the silicone compare to previous silicone cases? Does it seem like it would be hard to remove from the pocket?

jahin17

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2016
London
How does the feel of the silicone compare to previous silicone cases? Does it seem like it would be hard to remove from the pocket?
Do they also attract lint/bits and pieces of hair? Realised that the battery case I had for my XS which was the silicone tends to pick up quite abit especially when taking it out of the pockets.

BrightCanon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Picked up these for me and my wife. Will probably get a Apple Leather case when they come out but I wanted something to keep them safe until then. 499723CC-B572-40FB-AC44-CD4EF0B2A83A.jpeg

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Does that spigen screen protector covers the notch. I cant find one that covers the notch for 12 pro. Only 12 pro max available on amazon
The Bodyguardz version covers the notch, edge to edge, and has No black border. Not cheap but they always offer 20% off on their site and ATT sells them at a 30% discount if you buy 3 items. I did 2 and a case.

BrightCanon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Does that spigen screen protector covers the notch. I cant find one that covers the notch for 12 pro. Only 12 pro max available on amazon
Not sure. I’m at work so I can’t check but will try to remember when I get home.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
The Bodyguardz version covers the notch, edge to edge, and has No black border. Not cheap but they always offer 20% off on their site and ATT sells them at a 30% discount if you buy 3 items. I did 2 and a case.
All the good stuff is available in USA not in UK. Even the Amazon UK is **** lol.

Reactions: bigpika
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.