Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
It isn’t slippery anymore, it used to be.

I have the CrashGuard NX for iPhone 12 in Navy Blue. It does have texture which makes it grippy.

Before this one I had the exact same model in red for my iPhone XS. This one was slippery without texture

I’ve been using it for almost 3 weeks so it don’t feel slippery to me anymore. I found different ways to hold it so that I don’t drop it.
Ok now I'm considering this bumper again... lol. Wanting to try something new. I like the MagBak and sticking it any old place tho... lol. Still concerned about the grip and the width.

Brooke795

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2016
San Diego
V the band that case looks blue?
Probably the lighting but it’s def the deep violet from Apple. But it does take on different shades in different lighting. It’s gorgeous actually! I’m glad I gave it a second look.

Attachments

• 17A143E8-D148-4FF3-B25E-C6D9207E314A.jpeg
    17A143E8-D148-4FF3-B25E-C6D9207E314A.jpeg
    647.6 KB · Views: 166
  • 0D482EFA-9FD9-4E1B-8DDD-D51A9A9CDC18.jpeg
    0D482EFA-9FD9-4E1B-8DDD-D51A9A9CDC18.jpeg
    386.6 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Those in the US: can you buy Caudabe and Totalee cases on Amazon? We can’t buy Caudabe here in the UK but I’m in the US next week so would like to pick one up.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Ok now I'm considering this bumper again... lol. Wanting to try something new. I like the MagBak and sticking it any old place tho... lol. Still concerned about the grip and the width.

I don’t use mine anymore. It was too bulky after using other bumpers. I’m currently using a clear bumper from AliExpress, which happens to exactly resemble this bumper on Amazon.

ANHONG Clear Frame Case... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MDWXHWB?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I love this bumper and how thin it is. I do take it off every other day and clean any debris or dust to prevent scratches on the sides. I also realized that since I don’t have a back to my case and only a glass back protector, I’m more aware of how I’m handling my phone.

Reactions: Jaggrey

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
So I’m trying the Rhinoshield again and surprisingly I don’t hate it. It seems I readjusted how I hold my phone. I was expecting to return it but I still have it for some reason. The texture us different from when I tried it last. Still not grippy by any means but somehow not too slick.

Reactions: BrianSoCal

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
Probably the lighting but it’s def the deep violet from Apple. But it does take on different shades in different lighting. It’s gorgeous actually! I’m glad I gave it a second look.

I really wish we (iPhone 13 owners) had the Deep Violet leather case as an option but the Wisteria we instead have is not too bad and actually more closely resembles iPhone 12’s purple finish

Brooke795

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2016
San Diego
I really wish we (iPhone 13 owners) had the Deep Violet leather case as an option but the Wisteria we instead have is not too bad and actually more closely resembles iPhone 12’s purple finish
I wish Apple would just make the cases cross compatible. It’d be a win for everyone. Including Apple. I’d buy their new cases for my old phone easily if it’d fit right. Love the dark cherry color!

Reactions: GrandeLatte

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
I wish Apple would just make the cases cross compatible. It’d be a win for everyone. Including Apple. I’d buy their new cases for my old phone easily if it’d fit right. Love the dark cherry color!

That was how it was with iPhone 7 and later iPhone 8 - because the phone had the exact same body, the 8’s cases were completely compatible with iPhone 7, and if you had the 7, you could keep buying the new case colours for another year.

Unfortunately Apple hasn’t done that since. MagSafe wallets from the iPhone 12 era as well as the new ones just released with the 13 work fine between 12 and 13, unfortunately there’s a significant disincentive for 13 owners to get a previous gen Wallet (eg California Poppy), because those ones lacks the Find My technology that comes in the new Wallets…

swarmofbees

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2021
Hello everyone, hope everyone is having a great weekend! :)

I’m a bit tired of my California Poppy leather case and it is starting to look disgusting after 1 year of use.

I am in the lookout for the thinnest case for the iPhone 12 atm. But here’s the catch: I do use an apple MagSafe wallet on a daily basis.

Bearing this in mind, what would you recommend? That is compatible with the wallet and still allows it to be perfectly attached without falling.

Thank you!

Numerati

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2021
Orlando, FL
Hello everyone, hope everyone is having a great weekend! :)

I’m a bit tired of my California Poppy leather case and it is starting to look disgusting after 1 year of use.

I am in the lookout for the thinnest case for the iPhone 12 atm. But here’s the catch: I do use an apple MagSafe wallet on a daily basis.

Bearing this in mind, what would you recommend? That is compatible with the wallet and still allows it to be perfectly attached without falling.

Thank you!

Caudabe Sheath

Reactions: AE14

SpaceshipEarth81

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2021
Norcross, GA
Hum it does look terrific and would really blend well with my white iPhone and blue wallet. Wondering if the magnet is strong enough for the wallet doe
The Caudabe Sheath for the 12PM is not magsafe compatible, only the Synthesis. If you want a sheath then you will need to purchase the one for the 13 Pro Max. As I have stated before the camera cut out is larger to accommodate the 13 Pro Max cameras and the mute switch cut out is different but for me personally it is not enough to deter me from using this case as my daily driver.

Reactions: BrianSoCal

rambo47

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
Denville, NJ
I like trying different cases on my Graphite 13 Pro Max, mostly Apple silicone and leather, but I always end up back with my leather Dark Cherry.

I love the MagSafe animation every time I put on a case. Its color coordinated with the case color. Nifty!

Reactions: AVBeatMan

GrandeLatte

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2016
Ok. I returned my 13 ProMax and am sticking with my 12 ProMax. What color silicon case do you recommend for my gold 12ProMax?

Cantaloupe
Pistachios
Pink citrus
Kumquat

I just can’t decide. PS: I war mostly Patel colored bands: pink sand, cantaloupe, marigold, English lavender, Hermes orange. So which colored case? I like happy vibrant shades.

Reactions: artfossil

artfossil

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
Ok. I returned my 13 ProMax and am sticking with my 12 ProMax. What color silicon case do you recommend for my gold 12ProMax?

Cantaloupe
Pistachios
Pink citrus
Kumquat

I just can’t decide. PS: I war mostly Patel colored bands: pink sand, cantaloupe, marigold, English lavender, Hermes orange. So which colored case? I like happy vibrant shades.
Both Kumquat and Pink Citrus are happy and vibrant, without being in your face like Electric Orange. Kumquat (which I have) leans more toward orange; Pink Citrus leans more toward coral. Personally, I find Cantaloupe and Pistachio too anemic. But you could always buy two and return one if you don't love it.

GrandeLatte

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2016
Both Kumquat and Pink Citrus are happy and vibrant, without being in your face like Electric Orange. Kumquat (which I have) leans more toward orange; Pink Citrus leans more toward coral. Personally, I find Cantaloupe and Pistachio too anemic. But you could always buy two and return one if you don't love it.
I just placed an order for the Pink Citrus case, I think I prefer a more coral look. Plus Kumquat is not unavailable now in my region. So I guess it's not meant to be.

You're right, as watch bands, I enjoy Cantaloupe and Pistachio, but as phone cases, they are too pastel. Can't wait. Will post here and share when I receive my new case.

Last edited:
Reactions: artfossil

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL

Cantaloupe
Pistachios
Pink citrus
Kumquat

Curious about the phone return. What made you switch back?

GrandeLatte

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2016
Curious about the phone return. What made you switch back?
I originally purchased the 13 pro max in Sierra Blue for my father. But he never got used to using it. It was difficult for him to navigate the phone (too complicated) so I sort of gave up and returned it.

Now he’s very dependent on the Apple Watch and Siri. He’s happier this way.

GrandeLatte

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2016
Gotta share this with you and everyone else. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Pink Citrus.

It's definitely a strong pink with orange undertones. What is not mentioned is the color is a bit frosted (perhaps due to finish), but has a neon tone. So it gives off a beachy, summer vibe. Definitely vibrant, and definitely happy! Highly recommend.

Oh, the watchbands are Marigold (left) and Hermes Orange (right).

IMG_0457.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.