Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
That’s not a bumper. It has a clear back. It’s odd, the 12/12 Pro version is a bumper with a removable back. The Max version does not have a removable back.

A while back I made the mistake of not reading and ordered the case once Supcase told me it was available (I asked them about it on IG). I got it and was surprised that I couldn’t remove the back like you can on the non Max version.
Glad I didn't order this for my 13 Pro! I had it for my 12 Pro and loved it with just the bumper. I actually had my finger on the buy button the other day and decided this was going to be the year that I just stuck with my leather case. Dodged a bullet there!

Reactions: Jaggrey

zlatko86

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2020
Need your help. I am looking for a slim case. I have a Mous 4.0 for work so I need something minimalistic.
Totallee hybrid case - best looking but most expensive
Gripmunk smartish slim case - looks great and cheaper
Benks magnetic slim profile - looks ok , least favourite out of the three options.

IsaacM

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
Got the official apple Clear case for my Pro Max 13x

I'm surprised at how slippery it is. I wish they made it a little more grippy

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I’m still on a quest to find the perfect bumper for my 12 Pro Max. I haven’t found one yet. At this rate, I just may buy a clear skin for the sides, top and bottom of my phone and use without a case, since I have a glass protector on the back and front.

tharitm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009
Anyone who went with a Nomad leather case either Natural or Rustic Brown? What is your experience with patina?

mouzouris

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2020
A thin case that’ll never leave my rotation, the Power Support Air Jacket. One of the OGs of iPhone cases. I swap cases almost on a weekly basis and so far the hard plastic isn’t scratching my phone yet. Grippy plastic feels fantastic and your hands would have to be absolutely filthy to leave any visible marks on the case.
So did it eventually left scratches on the phone sides from removing on weekly basis? I am asking as i am about to order one for the 13 pro max and i am looking for someone who has used it for months to tell me if the hard plastic left any scratches behind as i take off my cases 2-3 times a week to clean the phone etc..

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
My silicon bumper for my 12 Pro Max from AliExpress, arrived 2 days ago. It feels exactly like the Apple silicon except for no back to the case. At first thought it’s slippery so it will take some getting use to it.

US $9.95 45% Off | Durable Silicone Bumper For iphone 11 Pro Max 12 Mini XR SE2020 7 8 Soft Flexible Shockproof Frame Case Blue Black Red White

34c18e44fbb7dfd7e3afd429756d39aa.png

Reactions: HALE101

NBKindaGirl

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2017
Kansas City, Missouri
The 13 Pro Max cases have a bigger camera cut out so it may look weird using it with a 12 Pro Max.
I don’t really mind, I saw pics and video of people trying it out and it didn’t really look that bad. And I was thinking that if the 13 still looked good enough by the time the 14s come out, I’ll probably upgrade to it instead, and possibly save money. Bonus being that I’ll already have a case for it. ☺️

Reactions: svish

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Oh! So the 13’s cases do fit the 12

Yep and all the buttons work just fine and I can still access my mute switch easily enough. Don’t mind the little gap from the larger cutout for the camera module at all. It looks good! :)
Interesting..... Maybe I'll try the Seq green leather case on my 12 pro and see how it fairs

SpaceshipEarth81

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2021
Norcross, GA
So i am thinking about taking a chance an ordering the Caudabe Sheath for the 13 Pro Max and seeing what it would fit like on my 12 Pro Max. Am I crazy for wanting to do this? I really want a MagSafe Sheath...

artfossil

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
So i am thinking about taking a chance an ordering the Caudabe Sheath for the 13 Pro Max and seeing what it would fit like on my 12 Pro Max. Am I crazy for wanting to do this? I really want a MagSafe Sheath...
Try it out! I bet you won't even notice the larger camera cut-out.

I try to be thoughtful about my purchases but even I will splurge on a case. Life's too short/uncertain not to have a case you love on something you use every day.

Reactions: NBKindaGirl

SpaceshipEarth81

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2021
Norcross, GA
Does anyone have any experience so far with using non Apple 13 Pro Max cases on a 12 Pro Max? Im going to pull the trigger tomorrow and order the 13 Pro Max Caudabe Sheath. I have some serious OCD tendencies when it comes to cases but really want to at least try the MagSafe Sheath.

Reactions: NBKindaGirl

SpaceshipEarth81

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2021
Norcross, GA
Ordered the 13PM Caudabe Sheath this morning. Will report back once it arrives!
Case just arrived...man I love this case.

Yes the camera cut out is pretty substantial but I think I can deal with it, but the most surprising part was just how far down the mute switch is.

Its really really tucked up next to the bottom part of the cutout.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
I got the Caudabe Veil today. Disappointing as I always get this case and it’s usually great but this year it’s so slippery. They usually have a nice grippy texture but this year it just feels cheap.

Anyone have any ultra thin case recommendations?

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
I was browsing at Walmart this afternoon and figured I'd try out their cheap Onn branded TPU case. $4.88 or $4.98. I usually hate TPU cases, but I wanted something thinner than the Spigen Ultra Hybrid that I've been using before I wait for my cheap eBay alternative to the Peel / Totallee cases (same product but way cheaper, yay drop shipping) to arrive. Can't beat this for the price.
IMG_1048.jpeg

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Ok, so true confession- found the black OtterBox Defender Pro XT on sale at Walmart. Surprised at how solid it feels. I’ll try the MagSafe magnets tomorrow, but the case is thin, sides have good grip and seems like it will take falls well

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.