Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Brooke795

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2016
San Diego
Are the live edge cases the same as the traveler in terms of thickness? I was thinking about a traveler case.
I think the live edges are a little more streamlined and thinner. I own both! I love the live edges because of how exquisite they are- they’re just a little on the tough side to remove. Not that I remove or switch my cases frequently. I love my traveler though. Def don’t worry about dropping my phone with it or anything. Although it’s been years since I dropped a phone. Both are beautiful it’s just the live edge just looks phenomenal all the way around

Reactions: Ic3Ang3l

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Been switching up my cases a lot lately. I was in the Catalyst Crux for monthssss, because I didn’t really use MagSafe but have since been using an Apple MagSafe wallet so the Crux magnetic strength is doodoo. Any suggestions for cases that the Apple wallet glued to? Been using the Mous limitless, sheath, and the catalyst influence. I loved the sheath on my 13pm but it feels less comfy to hold on my 14pro, feels rougher and the little bump over the lightning port digs in.

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Anyone know how the magnet strength is on the OtterBox symmetry or the ottergrip (one the the fold away grip and MagSafe) thanks

machopeful

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007
IMG_5101.jpeg
I figured I’d skip the 15 this year and enjoy my case collection for the 14 pro for a bit longer. Decided to pick up a live edge and an alloy wallet from carved. I’m absolutely in love with how good these products look in various lighting conditions. Pictures definitely aren’t doing it enough justice 😍

Brooke795

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2016
San Diego
View attachment 2247989 I figured I’d skip the 15 this year and enjoy my case collection for the 14 pro for a bit longer. Decided to pick up a live edge and an alloy wallet from carved. I’m absolutely in love with how good these products look in various lighting conditions. Pictures definitely aren’t doing it enough justice 😍
WOW. These are STUNNING! Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!!

• Love
Reactions: machopeful

OctoChicken

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2012
Still loving the Andar Aspen with the 14 Pro Purple. Just picked up a new one in Stone Gray. I do now see the camera ring getting little chips on my older cases, but the enclosed bottom is a must for me. Now, if they ever changed to a different kind of camera ring or somehow made it all one part of the leather, I feel like this case would be unbeatable. As it is, still my favorite.
(Pictured: Merlot, Moss, Stone Gray)

Attachments

• IMG_8808.jpeg
    IMG_8808.jpeg
    505.1 KB · Views: 128

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Still loving the Andar Aspen with the 14 Pro Purple. Just picked up a new one in Stone Gray. I do now see the camera ring getting little chips on my older cases, but the enclosed bottom is a must for me. Now, if they ever changed to a different kind of camera ring or somehow made it all one part of the leather, I feel like this case would be unbeatable. As it is, still my favorite.
(Pictured: Merlot, Moss, Stone Gray)
Couldn’t agree more. I love the covered camera ring in the Ryan London and Bullstrap cases but I know some don’t want that open bottom. Andar is really missing an opportunity here. I really liked the leather but the fit was terrible and that camera ring was made of talc.

Reactions: OctoChicken

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
Looks nice. How are the buttons and fit?
I'll be honest: around the sides, it isn't snug. It has some flexibility, which is fine by me. The corners, it's snugger but nothing that will make it difficult for you to remove the case. I like the feel of the back and sides. Buttons are clicky and feel great. A case I recommend actually.

But so far, my favourite thin case so far, still is the Caudabe Sheath. That case is simply perfect as a thin case.

As for a more rugged option, my heart still rests on Rhinoshield's SolidSuit.

Reactions: PailMerk

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
Anyone know how the magnet strength is on the OtterBox symmetry or the ottergrip (one the the fold away grip and MagSafe) thanks
I checked my nieces phone as she has that case and it’s not bad. Not Caudabe strong or even Benks strong but it’s not bad as far as strength.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
It didn’t last long. The clear case just doesn’t have a feel I can tolerate on a regular basis. I like how they look but I need the grip of a leather case so my phone is back in black (Ryan London).

s1oplus

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2023
I. Personally recommend the Dbrand grip case. Or i would go for a spigen or otterbox case. Protects the phone well.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I received this email regarding Caudabe ending their rewards program. It’s ending right after the 15 series is announced, and will be right on time to use my rewards for two 30% off codes and one 10% off. Just thought I would share for those who participate in the their rewards program.

Attachments

• IMG_0076.png
    IMG_0076.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 99
Reactions: Djones96 and AE14
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.