Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dstopsie

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
I have that for about 9 months now, part of the original shipment. I love it. Easy on easy off. I aLao use a pencil sling, holds the pencil very well. I waited thru many Covid-19 delays, but it was well worth it.
Thank you!! I can’t wait to get it and my new 12.9” iPad Pro!!

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
May 29, 2007
I just got my iPad Pro 12.9 and I have the new Magic Keyboard. I’ll have to see how I use it for a bit. I had the Folio Keyboard with my 2018 iPad Pro 11, and that worked fine. Maybe a Apple Smart Folio, or something else. Looking at options. I also got a Waterfield Sleevecase for travel, which I may not use much.

Following this thread to see what people choose. The iPitaka MagEX case is on my list too. They plan to launch a version for new 12.9 iPP next month.

Hallstar

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2011
I am on my 3rd iPP with MKB and each one has spent the majority of its time mounted to the MKB.

I have a Ztotop case with integrated pencil holder that I have used occasionally, but I am starting to use the iPP more now for note taking and find this case to be a little annoying in having to fit the iPP into it.

I would like a case that attaches magnetically to the iPP to allow for ease of attachment, and to give a flush resting position on desk and not rocking on the protruding camera if the iPP is naked.

Any recommendations are gratefully received.

Ztotop Case:

iPad Bro

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2021
I might be picking up the Electric Orange Apple Smart Folio because I REALLY like it, but I plan to keep it docked on the Magic Keyboard 99.9% of the time anyways so I don’t know if I even need it in the first place.

Dstopsie

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
I have the Oxford for my 2018 and am very happy with it.
Thank you. I received an email that it has been delayed til the middle of June. Was pretty bummed because it has been on order since the beginning of May. Hopefully it will be here soon! Thank you for letting me know you like it!

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Have a dbrand skin on the iPad Pro and magic keyboard.

Super fast postage and great packaging.

I got the 2020 versions and the speaker holes don’t match on the edge skin (didn’t want to wait for the 2021 version). Also the hinge of the MK dislodges the edge skin probably because it’s a bit too thick?

So I just cut out the excess bits and the result is great

EC0D40AD-BA5A-475E-ADB1-978401A55FA9.jpeg
3477F35A-2692-4891-849F-A219E723E235.jpeg

iF34R

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2011
South Carolina
I got this,

I've been looking for something like this! I was hoping Nomad had one, but so far, no luck. I think I'll pick this one up! Looks excellent. Brown leather for me.
Have a dbrand skin on the iPad Pro and magic keyboard.

Super fast postage and great packaging.

I got the 2020 versions and the speaker holes don’t match on the edge skin (didn’t want to wait for the 2021 version). Also the hinge of the MK dislodges the edge skin probably because it’s a bit too thick?

So I just cut out the excess bits and the result is great

View attachment 1780253 View attachment 1780254
Love that skin! Checking it out!

Reactions: Boardiesboi

lyngo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
I will be using the nedrelow that is on its way. It’s a “magic sleeve” with 62 magnets inside that serves as both a work pad and a sleeve. I’m looking forward to trying it out.

Reactions: JayMysterio

gohoomoa

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2010
13e637d1edd11c999dd85354b0229977.jpg

Got this one to pair it with 12.9 magic keyboard
Only will use it when i go out.
Remaining is screen protector and Dbrand skin which is on the way

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
May 29, 2007
I just got my iPad Pro 12.9 and I have the new Magic Keyboard. I’ll have to see how I use it for a bit. I had the Folio Keyboard with my 2018 iPad Pro 11, and that worked fine. Maybe a Apple Smart Folio, or something else. Looking at options. I also got a Waterfield Sleevecase for travel, which I may not use much.

Following this thread to see what people choose. The iPitaka MagEX case is on my list too. They plan to launch a version for new 12.9 iPP next month.
If anyone is interested the iPitaka MagEX case for the 2021 iPP is now shipping. It seems to be the form factor I want so I am taking a chance on it for $70. I’ve had the Apple folio cases for previous iPads but never used the folio-specific features, so I think the iPitaka should suit me, assuming the quality is good.

gohoomoa

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2010
If anyone is interested the iPitaka MagEX case for the 2021 iPP is now shipping. It seems to be the form factor I want so I am taking a chance on it for $70. I’ve had the Apple folio cases for previous iPads but never used the folio-specific features, so I think the iPitaka should suit me, assuming the quality is good.

Very tempting, however I don’t like their warranty period of two months!
For that price they should trust their product more.
I was about it order it but i will pass.

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
May 29, 2007
Very tempting, however I don’t like their warranty period of two months!
For that price they should trust their product more.
I was about it order it but i will pass.
Yeah, I noticed that too and it gave me pause. However, the form-factor seems to be exactly what I want, and I suppose if it's faulty it will likely fail sooner rather than later.

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
I wonder if iPitaka MagEX has changed the way the covers fits around the USB C contector. On last years model (iPad Pro Gen 4 12.9”). Some of my USB C cords (from Apple and third party certified) would not go entirely into the connector and sit flush with the frame. There was two small rails extending over the gab. I trimmed them out so the connector would fit. Also my hyperdrive USB C dock would not fit flush with the case on, I had to remove the case to use it. I am also waiting to see how exactly it will fit when using last years Magic KeyBoard, as well as will it work with my Oxford magnetic leather case from Pad & Quill (do to ship 7/4). I really hope they have made the adjustments, I loved the case and if it works with the Gen 5 I will purchase it.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaceTripper

Kyle76

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2017
North Carolina
I use the ESR folio. Much like the Smart Folio but has a magnetic tab to hold the pencil firmly when folded up. Very lightweight and easy to hold with the tri-fold cover.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I had been using the Apple folio but it’s been collecting dust since I put on the Dbrands skin - back and sides. Just love having it as light as possible when not on the keyboard while still have some scratch protection.

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
When the MKB is not in use I will be using this case from pandora and quill. It is magnetic and a very good fit for 2021 12.9” iPad Pro. Full access and all buttons work, with cornerprotection
IMG_0531.jpeg
IMG_0532.jpeg

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
May 29, 2007
I received my Pitaka MagEZ case for my 2021 iPP 12.9 today. Fit and finish seems very good, and it works well with my MKB open or closed so far. It has small plastic tabs that grip the edges to keep it secured, that I suppose could start to break if the case is removed/reinstalled repeatedly, but I plan to leave it on all the time. I don't expect it to be an issue for me.

Reactions: shando

Jára Tyky

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2020
The Smart Folio seems like the most simplistic option while protecting it from average, everyday falls. I might end up buying that one as well.
It is! I have been using Apple Smart Folio since iPad Air 2. I dropped iPad Air 2 from some height few times during years and nothing ever happend.

Now I am using Smart Folio from iPad Pro 2020 for my brand new 2021 M1 and it is much more portable and lightweight than having Magic Keyboard.
If I buy Magic Keyboard the bulk would be so big that I can take instead iPad Pro Macbook Pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.