Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Colour choice

• Space Grey

Votes: 82 37.4%
  • Pink

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • Purple

Votes: 59 26.9%
  • Starlight

Votes: 63 28.8%

• Total voters

Tikatika

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2012
Northern California
I folded last night and ordered the 64 Gb Space Grey to replace my Mini 5 (trading in). It wasn't really necessary but I DO like the form factor. I mainly just use it to read downloaded books and such, so don't really feel a need for the cellular version or higher capacity. It is simply a "want". The $225 trade-in offer for my 5 helps...
Exactly! That and the purple just did me in…fave color! ?

Shawn0813

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2019
I ordered space gray 64gb. I’m still debating on which smart folio to get. Any ideas what would look best with space gray?

Yester5

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Purple 64GB. Bought at BestBuy as I had $150.00 in Rewards. I had no intention of even buying an iPad but after the Event, I’m passing my 11” iPad Pro on to my daughter-in-law. That will leave me with my M1 12.9” Pro and this Mini “Pro”. I feel it is truly a Pro-level device and I’m very excited to be getting one :)

Luis0180

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2020
Madrid
Silver iMac M1, coming up starlight iPhone mini 13, silver iPad Pro… so I did iPad mini starlight of course ? creating a consistent clear light family!

Reactions: orbital~debris

millydog

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2007
Australia
I ordered just today. The pink and purple minis look great. I like the dark cherry cover the most and feel that it looks best with the pink iPad. Also, the pink mini has a delivery date 3 weeks earlier than the purple. So that’s what I’ve ordered.

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
Feels like purple is taking most orders from pink away. They should have added another color instead of pink, imho.

*~Kim~*

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2013
UK
Agree, I’d know which one to get then as I definitely don’t want Grey or Starlight!

In all seriousness there are probably a lot of people that like purple and pink, so they’d have bought whichever one was produced. The flip side of that is that there are probably a lot of people who rule out both.

Maybe the purple have a bit of a blue hue in person, who knows, but there not being one is odd. The colour line up feels more feminine almost as if Apple have realised that they sell more Minis to women than men (I don’t know if there are any stats released that might prove or disprove this) so are catering more to colours that they think they will want.

RoadWarrior56

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2014
I was going to preorder a 256bMB purple last Thursday. But when I saw that the delivery day for Purple was mid to late October and that I could still get starlight as early as next Friday, I went with starlight.

bookcase

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
Boston, MA
I've decided to stick to Space Grey -- it's the safest choice for me since they for some reason didn't offer blue. I've been switching between Starlight and Space Grey. Unfortunately, it won't deliver until mid-to-late October.

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
Have not ordered mine yet but plan on getting the Space Grey colour. I plan to physically go into an Apple store once its released and then trade in my Ipad Air 3, and pay the rest. Will probably trade in my 12 mini for a 13 mini at the same time. God i hate going into the Apple store, as i want to buy everything i see lol (Those pastel coloured M1 iMacs are eyeing me all the time hehe).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.