Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Annnngo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2017
Since staying at home for so long... Spend a lot of time cooking, reading, and writing

I really want to go out to see the rest of the world.

Does anyone feel the same as me? And which country do you want to go?

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
I mean... I pretty much always want to go to Britain. No matter how many times I go, I always want to go back. I want to see many places, but I always feel drawn back to Britain. Not seen Wales yet, so yeah; Cardiff I guess.

But also, I'd like to try coffee at Tim Wendelbo and Solberg go Hansen in Oslo.
And I'd love to see Tokyo one day but that feels more like a long term travel goal than something drawing me in right now

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
There are a great many countries that I "want" to travel to (some to re-visit), - such as France, Italy, Austria, Belgium, the Netherlands, Spain, Greece, the Balkans, - and I write as someone who loves to travel, both personally and for professional reasons, and who is widely travelled - but, until it is considered and deemed safe to do so, I do not expect to be in a position to be able to do so.

glenthompson

macrumors demi-god
Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Only where I can drive. Not getting on public transportation. We don’t allow anyone else to enter our vehicles.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I had taken this thread to be a daydream or wishlist of where we might want to go if we could go anywhere right now. Of course we're not traveling to our dream destinations because of the precautions, but isn't it rather nice to imagine ...

Mefisto

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2015
Finland
Not happening anytime soon, but I've always wanted to visit the Maldives. One day for sure, but right now, as with many others I'm sure, there are more pressing matters to concentrate on.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
  • Love
Reactions: sofila and 0128672

ScrumpyDaniel

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2019
I've been to America twice for WrestleMania 28 in Miami and 32 in Dallas. While i'd love to go back especially to Dallas, Don't think i'll be going anywhere near America anytime soon ?

I've always wanted to go to the Caribbean and do a tour of the islands. Guadalupe in particular would be awesome as it was featured in Death in Paradise so could visit the filming locations.

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
To answer the thread title...right now, America in 2015.

But when this is over...the usual Caribbean suspects. I’d also kind of like to visit Wales to see Cardiff and Portmeirion, where Torchwood and The Prisoner were filmed, respectively.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Another place I would consider revisiting: Chile

1. Atacama dessert. Tied for driest place on earth. Valley bordered by the snow covered peaks of Andian volcanoes. Flamingos. Fumeroles. Crystal clear night skies, so lots of observatories. Most spectacular lineup of mountain peaks in a line I've ever seen. They just keep going until they disappear in the far distance.

2. Torres del Paine. Not as unique as the Atacama as there are similar granite snow covered mountains elsewhere. Unique for its windiness, and the fact that in contrast to similar areas fire is not a natural part of nature. In fact it is disastrous.

3. Chilean Glaciers, part of the Southern Patagonis ice fields. Didn't even know this ice field existed. When you go on a glacier cruise you see what Norway would have looked like before the glaciers melted. It's Norway Fiords filled with ice.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.