Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
I don't think i'd want to fly.. . The only country i'd b interested in, and we're be asked not to fly there, is Hong Kong..

Unlike some other places, there's zero dispute that Hong Kong is not, in fact, a country. Just FYI.

Annnngo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2017
I would love to get back to Japan as soon as it will be possible. Or as soon as it will be enjoyable.
It's an expensive, challenging, long travel and wasting it because of current limitations would be unworthy
Japan opens for a very few visitors now
[automerge]1594976156[/automerge]
None really... I have a hard time even thinking about it because there’s too many other problems
haha, problems are always there, be positive and happy
[automerge]1594976240[/automerge]
There is No Country for Old Men
I always wish i were old, then i have so much time for going out
[automerge]1594976400[/automerge]
I think I am not a responsible poster for this topic.
I forgot to check my emails for long and missed so many nice discussions and replies.

I must admit, i've marked down all places you guys mentioned and i will make a plan to go, maybe we can meet there.hahaha
[automerge]1594976430[/automerge]
I think I am not a responsible poster for this topic.
I forgot to check my emails for long and missed so many nice discussions and replies.

I must admit, i've marked down all places you guys mentioned and i will make a plan to go, maybe we can meet there.hahaha

Last edited:

chengengaun

Contributor
Feb 7, 2012
Hoping to visit Nepal for trekking. But frankly now I am glad just to be getting out of the house.
Well, it has been a while, but at last I can say "mission accomplished", having trekked the Annapurna Circuit last December.

On the way to Tal:

L1000460.jpg

Annapurna II on the way to Ghyaru:

L1000883.jpg

A dramatic day trip to Ice Lake above Manang:

L1010275.jpg

The long haul up Thorong La (note the trekker):

L1010480.jpg

Thorong La, 5,416m:

L1010487.jpg

The Nilgiri Mountains from Kagbeni:

L1010859.jpg

Annapurna South, Hiunchuli and Machhapuchhre from Ghandruk in the moonlight:

L1011519.jpg

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Well, it has been a while, but at last I can say "mission accomplished", having trekked the Annapurna Circuit last December.

On the way to Tal:

View attachment 2339667

View attachment 2339668

View attachment 2339669

View attachment 2339670

Thorong La, 5,416m:

View attachment 2339671

View attachment 2339672

View attachment 2339673
Well done. Looks beautiful.

Reactions: chengengaun

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

On the way to Tal:

View attachment 2339667

View attachment 2339668

View attachment 2339669

View attachment 2339670

Thorong La, 5,416m:

View attachment 2339671

View attachment 2339672

View attachment 2339673
Looks spectacular.

Bravo, very well done.

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
I would like to travel (teleport)-unnoticed- to some of the grounds in England where the Romans traveled and congregated at. I would take my metal detectors, and teleport back home (unnoticed) after finding a hoard of Roman gold and silver coins :)

~just dreaming!

In reality, there is so much to see and enjoy locally that I have no desire to travel and put up with airport layovers, and crowds of people. A good thing About traveling, at least to me, is enjoying the beautiful sceneries, wildlife, and skies of both Alaska and Northern Canada. I do this by driving, and sleeping or resting near the road in a RV or travel trailer, or even in one of my trucks.

Somebody mentioned that your backyard as a travel destination and I agree, as long as your backyard isn't in the city, but then, some love the city :)

Last edited:
Reactions: chengengaun

jedimasterkyle

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2014
Idaho
At this VERY moment...Australia just because it's Summer down there and I've always wanted to go.

But overall, I'd LOVE to go to Japan

ejb190

macrumors 65816
My wife has no desire to go out of the country and her...[looks over my shoulder] physical disability kind of puts some limits on what we can do. I'd love to go to the US Territories. Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, etc. But honestly, there's a lot of the mainland US I haven't seen yet.

If you take the time to look, you can find a lot of interesting things near home. I just discovered that the childhood home of Liberty Hyde Bailey is now a museum and within driving distance! That's going to be a summer road trip!

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
My wife has no desire to go out of the country and her...[looks over my shoulder] physical disability kind of puts some limits on what we can do. I'd love to go to the US Territories. Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, etc. But honestly, there's a lot of the mainland US I haven't seen yet.

If you take the time to look, you can find a lot of interesting things near home. I just discovered that the childhood home of Liberty Hyde Bailey is now a museum and within driving distance! That's going to be a summer road trip!
My wife doesn’t travel at all. So holidays are just a pipe dream. I get the odd couple of nights away with some mates once or twice a year. That’s about it.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
.. I haven't travelled outside of BC (Canada) since 2012 .... if I could be "transported" (without all the hastles of travelling to get there), at this very moment, it would be to a beach somewhere in the South Pacific.
I’ve reached a point in my life (70) where the travel is more of a bother than the fun of the destination. When we were young, we always did our own thing, own planning and transportation, I’d rent a car, driving on the wrong side of the road, no problem. ;) When I hit 60, we did our first European river cruise, which was great, and since have done 2 Med cruises, which were excellent. Warning to anyone considering this kind of cruise, they are populated by mostly old people. At 60 I was among the youngest on the boat. Last year was an Athens to Istanbul cruise, there were more of the 30-50 age group. The air travel was almost a complete downer, from Texas to the Med and back, unrealistic schedules, inadequate stop over time, and uncomfortable. One exception, the Delta A330 from Paris to Atlanta in Comfort Plus, a class not available on European airlines was nice in comparison.

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Ooooh.

I've travelled widely, and love travelling (although, I will readily concede that air travel, once so exciting, is now something of a drag).

As to the question where would I like to travel to this minute? Southern Europe.
We had planned a road trip from Paris to Southern France to visit famous gardens as per Monty Don (Gardner’s World) recommendations, but that was the year COVID hit, and was cancelled. :( Next year it might be the Med on Viking or the road trip as mentioned… 🤔

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I want to travel USA in this summer. And I will take SAT exam after 2 years. 🙂
What part of the US? If you like outdoors, mountains, and relatively cool except for the desert portions, I’d suggest start in Minneapolis, and head West. I’d include some portion of S.Dakota, Montana, Oregon, Nevada and Washington State. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: AhmetRyzen

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
What part of the US? If you like outdoors, mountains, and relatively cool except for the desert portions) , I’d suggest start in Minneapolis, and head West. I’d include some portion of S.Dakota, Montana, Oregon, Nevada and Washington State. :)
What about New Orleans?

That is one part of the US that would interest me, - the culture and cuisine sound absolutely fascinating; New England, and, some of the Civil War battlefields, would also be of interest to me.

Reactions: Chuckeee
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.