Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
Just doing a clear Spigen case with MagSafe like I always do at launch. Protects the phone when I need it while showing off its color. I'll probably get a third party silicone + MagSafe case eventually, but I mostly use my phone caseless nowadays and phone cases seem to be most expensive around release date, so I'm fine with waiting.

I'm intrigued by FineWoven but can't justify $60 on a case, especially with Apple's case quality history.

Daves0024

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2012
Ordering the clear case from Apple as I have done for the past few years but also considering returning and using no case. I have used my 15 for the last few months with no case and after a few drops there isn't a mark on it.

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2022
Ordering the clear case from Apple as I have done for the past few years but also considering returning and using no case. I have used my 15 for the last few months with no case and after a few drops there isn't a mark on it.
Does the clear Apple case typically yellow after a while?

nanogirl21

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2011
Midwest United States
Ever since I've owned an iPhone I've used the iPhone branded silicone cases. I absolutely love them! However, this time around I am not in love with the covers. I am curious about the Fine Woven case in Evergreen and Pacific Blue.

Rob198612

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
Miami
View attachment 2260803
ESR case with kickstand. It's actually very good. Kickstand is awesome and I use it all the time on 14pm, and it also acts as a camera protection... And the magnets are stronger than the original magsafe cases...

Probably will also get a case from REBEL once it is available... View attachment 2260805

I actually like the REBEL case isnt that from the youtuber?

normally when do those cases launch?

phillytim

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I really want a Bullstrap leather case, but they will not ship until October 31st 😭😡😭😡😭😡😭😡😭😡😭

I'm pre-ordering a white 15PM first thing on Friday, and cannot wait a month+ to receive the Bullstrap.

Very sad that Apple's gorgeous saddle brown, or any Apple leather case, is no longer a thing - but I am aware the the quality has diminished since my 11PM saddle.

Contemplating an Apple FineWoven case in black, just to try a FineWoven case; the other colors just don't appeal to me.

Last edited:

Rob198612

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
Miami
Yep, it's from everythingapplepro... He tries to do at launch )) But it's hit or miss...

yep, I have wanted that case but due to the stainless-steel frame never wanted to deal with it.

but now with titanium will actually look very good!

there is no word yet on when this will be released right?

jetlagged

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2012
Going to get a protective shock proof case with a tempered glass screen protector. I tend to drop my phone accidentally.

I haven’t brought a case since 2019 for my iPhone 11. It’s a shockproof case and has done a great job from drops. The brand is mobosi but it looks like they don’t make it anymore.

But I see a lot clear cases have that MagSafe circle thingy in the back. That thing looks like an eyesore and ugly. But I do want a clear protective case

Either rebel phone, spigen, mous or rhino shield

Elastep

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2021
Ashburn, VA
yep, I have wanted that case but due to the stainless-steel frame never wanted to deal with it.

but now with titanium will actually look very good!

there is no word yet on when this will be released right?
He says “soon”… But from previous years it could be anything from a week to a couple of months…

gadlaw

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2017
If I do get a iPhone 15 Pro it will be in a Otterbox defender Pro case. I am retired but do a lot of my hobbies of yard work and working on vehicles, equipment and it is a rather rough environment.
Same here. I always go with an Otterbox defender Pro case. I don't even know what color my phone is. I won't even take a phone out of it's box if the case isn't there to put it in. And I've never broken a phone. Or cracked it or nicked it.

Ericdjensen

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2019
Springfield,VA
IMG_2671.jpeg

Phone Rebel Flex. I love having the naked sides

t76turbo

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
I think I’m going caseless finally since it’s Titanium but if I do get a case or decide. I only go with Spigen. Nothing more.

Not disputing your decision to go caseless or not. But if you are doing it because you think titanium is tougher than stainless, you would be mistaken. Titanium is softer than stainless generally with only some variables like exact metal composition and any heat treating they do. So maybe it is tougher in this case. But I doubt it.

mtulman1

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2015
So those of you that have gone naked in the past, does the AppleCare + that comes with the upgrade program, cover the shattering of the back glass? Assuming there is small fee as well? How about those little nicks and dimes on the sides or bottom and does it affect the trade in?

dallegre

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2016
I bought a Cuadabe case for my 13 Pro after the Apple leather case fell apart on me. Really love it and will probably pick one up for the 15 Pro. I don't think I'd go back to the Apple leather if it was still and option. And saying that, I do kinda really like the Taupe FineWoven / Natural Ti color combination...decisions, decisions.

Isaiah408

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2020
C’mon now, is there anything better than a Caudabe Sheath?
I agree. I have been using a Caudabe Sheath for every phone since 2018, after reading about it in these forums. These cases have the perfect amount of 'grip' and have always protected my phones even after some pretty bad drops. They are very durable and look great after years of use.

lordhamster

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2008
My wife and I will be going with the fine woven case for our Pro Max models. For my 13 year old's first phone (base 15) I'm looking for something more robust. Not as ridiculous as an otterbox, but something with some well padded corners and a raised frame around the camera. Any recommendations? Most cases I can find on Amazon are for the Pro series

Fanboi4life

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
I bought a Cuadabe case for my 13 Pro after the Apple leather case fell apart on me. Really love it and will probably pick one up for the 15 Pro. I don't think I'd go back to the Apple leather if it was still and option. And saying that, I do kinda really like the Taupe FineWoven / Natural Ti color combination...decisions, decisions.

Thanks for the link, I was refreshing their site all day waiting for the drop. Ordered the celestial blue to compliment my natural titanium iPhone 15PM. The black case is already sold out! 😂

Reactions: dallegre
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.