Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lsbcal

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2018
No, i have used this case ever since Apple started selling it and the case does not yellow at all.
That is an interesting reply for me. I've used cheaper silicone cases and they get yellow and mottled yellow. Made my blue iphone look ugly greenish mottled.

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
Gonna try to go case-less this year. I hate adding bulk and weight to my iPhone. My hope is that the rounder curves will be more pleasant in-hand. I'm gonna add grip tape to the back so it hopefully won't slide out of my pocket in certain scenarios and will give me more grip.

Reactions: Surf Monkey

EdMan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2011
Michigan
Every year I end up buying too many cases given that I always upgrade my phone and they are no longer any good. I ordered the silicon clay Apple case and will probably stick with it for awhile. I love Vaja cases but they are expensive if you're not going to keep your phone for awhile.

Reactions: Margit72

stormchasejg

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2014
East Preston, UK
I was going to get a leather one for the first time this year but now will probably just stay caseless and maybe pick up a cheap silicone one on Amazon/eBay at a later date if I decide to get one. Ive been mostly caseless with the X, XS Max, 12 PM & 13 PM but always had a case on hand for times when I felt like it could do with extra protection

Yuuuki

macrumors regular
May 28, 2023
I had the last years always leather, but since im going with 15 Plus and i love the Pink ill buy a Spigen clear case this time

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
I already received my Apple Silicone and Apple Finewoven cases in the mail. Finewoven is weird.

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2022
I already received my Apple Silicone and Apple Finewoven cases in the mail. Finewoven is weird.
How is the silicone? I’ve never had one but that guava and orange sorbet are super appealing to me, I’m going to wait until I can see them in store before I pick a color. I honestly can’t decide.

AlecEdworthy

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2007
Leicestershire, UK
I'm really glad to see so many people have ordered the Spigen Ultra Hybrid Clear MagSafe case. I've ordered one too from Amazon alongside a JETech Magnetic case - plan to see which fits and feels better and will return the other, though given both are relatively low cost may keep them both for when the first yellows despite claiming to be anti-yellow (let's face it, they all do except Apple's clear case which for my iPhone 12 looked amazing but was as slippy as butter in my hand 🤣).

Reactions: IceOnFire

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2022
I'm really glad to see so many people have ordered the Spigen Ultra Hybrid Clear MagSafe case. I've ordered one too from Amazon alongside a JETech Magnetic case - plan to see which fits and feels better and will return the other, though given both are relatively low cost may keep them both for when the first yellows despite claiming to be anti-yellow (let's face it, they all do except Apple's clear case which for my iPhone 12 looked amazing but was as slippy as butter in my hand 🤣).
I just bought the Spigen case for my partner’s pink 15. I was going to get the clear apple case but she is VERY in favor of saving money and if I told her I spent $49 on each of our cases she might have kicked me out of my own house. I talked her into clear in order to show off that gorgeous pink. I’m still going with Apple silicone for myself, either guava or orange sorbet. Waiting to see them in person.

xthine

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2015
USA
Been using a Pelican Voyager clear case since iPhone 12 and sticking to the same model case for 15 pro. I like to have the option to use a kickstand, has withstood dropping on hard, rocky trails over the years.

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2022
I lied. I just ordered the guava silicone case 😂

I’ll go see orange sorbet in person and return guava while I’m in the store if I prefer the orange, but I’m leaning toward guava. It’s just so pretty. I’ve spent way too much money today on 2 phones and 2 cases so I figured what’s one more hit? Keeps the good brain chemicals flowing, I love new toys 😅

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
How is the silicone? I’ve never had one but that guava and orange sorbet are super appealing to me, I’m going to wait until I can see them in store before I pick a color. I honestly can’t decide.
Silicone is brilliant, have used them for years. Great quality, smooth to the touch and elegant, and of course the Apple logo.

CNeufeld

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2009
Edmonton, AB
I got the Spigen case for my 13 Pro Max. Two years old, and it is looking very unattractive. Would not recommend.

emberdex

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2023
I’ve ordered a black FineWoven case. I’ve always thought the leather and silicone cases degrade a little too quickly for my liking, so I’m hoping the new material is a bit more durable.

Reactions: iScone

Hallstar

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2011
I have had a new iPhone every year since 2008 and every year I clad my new device in a case and screen-protector as soon as it comes out of the box.

For the last few years I have been using:

ESR Armorlite Screen Protectors and Spigen MagArmor Case

My iPhone 14 Pro is a year old and looks brand new!

The Armorlite SP are the best available IMHO. Save for some very light -and barely noticeable- surface scratches, the protector looks as good as the day it was applied... in September 2022!

I have received the above already in preparation for my pre-ordered iPhone 15 Pro - Black Titanium - 256GB

Curry119

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2023
I ordered a cheap $10 Chinese case from Amazon as an insurance policy while I wait for the new BookBook case from twelvesouth to be available to preorder.

guitarguy316

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2010
Silicone is brilliant, have used them for years. Great quality, smooth to the touch and elegant, and of course the Apple logo.
Does the front of the silicone case have enough of a lip to cover the edges? Will it fit with a tempered glass screen protector too?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.