Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VisceralRealist

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2023
Long Beach, California
Just started watching The Bear

MV5BYmM4MjBkNGMtZjE5Zi00ZDMwLWE5MjYtN2M0MTM2YTQ2MmNlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjkwOTAyMDU@._V1_.jpg

Half-way through Season 1. Enjoying it a lot so far.

Last edited:

oldBCguy

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2021
Burnaby, BC, Canada
.. into and enjoying -- 'single-handed' -- an Irish police drama / murder mysteries series released via Acorn TV's dvd complete collection of the series. Filmed on the west coast of Ireland. Small town life, and the challenges faced by a young policeman returning home from Dublin for his first assigmnent.

unnamed-2.jpg

.. update: finished watching the series -- it includes some fantastic local photography, with many wonderful views of the area's rugged environment, and town's location within. Scenarios and events dramatic, and depicted up close & personal. Another fine series, and good presentation by Acorn. Much-enjoyed.

Last edited:

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
I, too, liked Fallout. Best show of 2024 with Shōgun.

I have nothing to watch so I’m doing a rewatch of The Office.

It’s pretty fun, not hilarious but honestly it’s more fun than my first watch. Nowadays it seems there are 90% drama & 10% comedy. That tells a lot about how our society changed the last few years.

Reactions: Don Quixote

Don Quixote

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2023
I, too, liked Fallout. Best show of 2024 with Shōgun.

I have nothing to watch so I’m doing a rewatch of The Office.

It’s pretty fun, not hilarious but honestly it’s more fun than my first watch. Nowadays it seems there are 90% drama & 10% comedy. That tells a lot about how our society changed the last few years.
Might I recommend 30 Rock...?

SalisburySam

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2019
Salisbury, North Carolina
Just finished Marcella (liked 1st season, disliked 2nd, loved 3rd), now grazing through Killing Eve and enjoying it even though I’m not a fan of Sandra Oh, catching Young Sheldon and up to Season 5 now, queueing up The Bear for the next binge. Awaiting the next season of Death in Paradise to arrive likely in July, but have Beyond Paradise in the interim.

Reactions: Don Quixote

Don Quixote

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2023
Just finished Marcella (liked 1st season, disliked 2nd, loved 3rd), now grazing through Killing Eve and enjoying it even though I’m not a fan of Sandra Oh, catching Young Sheldon and up to Season 5 now, queueing up The Bear for the next binge. Awaiting the next season of Death in Paradise to arrive likely in July, but have Beyond Paradise in the interim.
Loved Killing Eve ... the first two season anyway. Haven't gotten to see the 3rd one yet.

Sandra Oh always speaks highly of you... :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.