Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
Rewatched The House of the Dragon s1 - wow I had forgot how very good it was. It was some time ago.
Worth the time of rewatching it, and I look forward to season 2 🔥

Reactions: Chuckeee
currently watching 'a man in full'.
jeff daniels excellent as a contemptible, choleric, 'who-gives-a-toss-about-anyone-else' type character - many other great actors also - notably diane lane and lucy liu.
finished episode 3 - 3 to go
recommended …
a man in full

postscript - just finished the series - what a cracker!
highly recommended now ;)

Screen Shot 2024-05-14 at 08.40.17.png

Last edited:

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll download it.

I’m still watching The Office (US) and I think I’m at s05e27. Some episodes are just hilarious and spending so much time with the gang feels like I belong, oups. I love Erin (that’s her middle name, BTW)!!! I wonder if she did stuff after this show.

• Love
Reactions: pachyderm

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll download it.

I’m still watching The Office (US) and I think I’m at s05e27. Some episodes are just hilarious and spending so much time with the gang feels like I belong, oups. I love Erin (that’s her middle name, BTW)!!! I wonder if she did stuff after this show.
Check out Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt...

If not for the show itself then for the great theme song!

Last edited:

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
I had my first real binge in a long while with Sugar, AppleTV+. Watched it all inside of three days. It was great. I really enjoyed the nod to crime noir, the seemingly straightforward plot that takes a twist and launches the story into a whole other genre and of course Colin Farrell was fantastic as John Sugar. I highly recommend this show.
I’m not sure if Season Two will be able to match up but I don’t know if there will be a S2. It works as a one off if not, but there’s lots of territory for the storyline to explore if it’s renewed.

Last edited:

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
I had my first real binge with Sugar, AppleTV+. Watched it all inside of three days. It was great. I really enjoyed the nod to crime noir, the seemingly straightforward plot that takes a twist and launches the story into a whole other genre and of course Colin Farrell was fantastic as John Sugar. I highly recommend this show.
I’m not sure if Season Two will be able to match up but I don’t know if there will be a S2. It works as a one off if not, but there’s lots of territory for the storyline to explore if it’s renewed.
I liked it as well.

They leave the door open for S2 with the mystery behind his sister going missing and all...

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
I liked it as well.

They leave the door open for S2 with the mystery behind his sister going missing and all...
I meant to add that the most unrealistic aspect of it was it takes place in LA, Sugar’s driving all over the place and he never gets stuck in traffic. 😂
I grew up there, I get to dunk on it. 100% the reason I left.

• Haha
Reactions: pachyderm

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Re-activated Netflix after 8 months hiatus, and dove into: Dead Boy Detectives and The Gentlemen.

And I have a sneaking suspicion Mrs. M. will start at the new Bridgerton series sooner rather then later... :p

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
Watched Baby Reindeer, Netflix. Was having a lazy day and my gf and I watched all 7 episodes in one afternoon. First episode, I was thinking, “WTH, dude needs to establish boundaries.”
Second episode I was getting annoyed with him. Third episode the curtain begins to get pulled back and then it’s really coming into focus and all the complex dynamics start being revealed.
I honestly did enjoy it but I hesitate to recommend it as it covers some pretty sensitive material and had I known in advance what I was signing up for I probably would have passed. As it is, it’s quite the roller coaster and I came out the other side with the lesson to always look beyond the surface for the truth.

DaveFromCampbelltown

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2020
Just finished a rewatch of all 5 seasons of The Handmaid's Tale. It scared me more this time than the first round.

I do love watching both Ann Dowd and Bradley Whitford though.

We started watching it, but started getting to us too much that we stopped.

I wish, though, that they would make a film or series of Heinlein's Revolt in 2100. Written 70 years ago, it is remarkably, scarily, prophetic. It is a real change from his usual male chauvinist adolescent drivel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.