Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CooKieMoNs7eR

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2009
Like others have most likely said (didn't read whole thread), you need to go into DFU mode to restore to iOS 8.4 from iOS 9.
I did restore from DFU mode, but I was talking about restore from a iOS 9 backup to 8.4, if its possible.

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2013
I did restore from DFU mode, but I was talking about restore from a iOS 9 backup to 8.4, if its possible.

That is not possible.

Separately, the first time I installed the iOS 9 PB and restored from an 8.4 backup, I ended up with lots of bugs.
When I upgraded to the PB without restoring my 8.4 backup, it has been crazy smooth.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
The great thing is that there are two methods to doing the same task. You have your way, but I personally prefer DFU/recovery as it's a somewhat more automated process, compared to what you described.

For sure. Was just pointing out that DFU isn't the only way.

:)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
That is not possible.

Separately, the first time I installed the iOS 9 PB and restored from an 8.4 backup, I ended up with lots of bugs.
When I upgraded to the PB without restoring my 8.4 backup, it has been crazy smooth.
I had some issues just upgrading from 8.4 to 9 PB1, but instead of restoring without a backup I ended up resetting all settings and that seems to have done the trick (aside from some essentially known existing 9 PB1 issues).

darkfiber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Columbus, OH USA
I went ahead and rolled back to 8.4. I did a DFU Restore. I had the 9.0 Public Beta since it came out on my iPhone 5s and it worked ok and I like the new features, but I decided it wasn't stable enough for me yet and I kept getting prompted in the App Store for my login and password. Plus some apps crashed, the camera app glitched at times. The usual stuff you encounter while using a beta. I might wait for the next beta or just wait for the final release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.