Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Miat

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2012
The Tudor Pelagos shown in that article is a fine looking piece.

My favourite Tudor is the Black Bay Bronze. Way out of my price range, but a boy can still dream.

45ACP

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2012
0acff3b272aad4bc7a153146afb75728.jpg

-Ray

zagato27

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2003
The Hill
Not a Speedy, but it's been to the moon. Birthday present from my wife. Can't wait to put on a different strap and adjust the time. Supposedly, accurate to within 10 seconds a YEAR! Bulova Lunar Pilot. Still has the plastic front and back but that's gonna change.

49563682027_01410cff5f_b.jpg

HeadphoneAddict

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007
Not a Speedy, but it's been to the moon. Birthday present from my wife. Can't wait to put on a different strap and adjust the time. Supposedly, accurate to within 10 seconds a YEAR! Bulova Lunar Pilot. Still has the plastic front and back but that's gonna change.

49563682027_01410cff5f_b.jpg

Congrats! I've got the one like yours that comes with the two straps, and another one with the bracelet. The last time I checked the one on bracelet only gained 3 seconds over a 112 day period. That come out to about 9.855 seconds per year.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Thanks. Bought this for it a couple of weeks back
19ddd89f198e6317ed21fc1df0030776.jpg

I'm old school on such matters, and thank that a rich, well made, serious, leather strap would look better - but such things are both very personal and quite subjective.

Anyway, well wear - and do wear it - I wear my Omega Deville daily, and it is an absolutely gorgeous watch.

RogerWilco6502

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2019
Tír na nÓg
I know this is a digital watch, but hopefully it's still considered a traditional watch in the sense of "not a smartwatch." ;)

I got this from a family friend. It's my daily driver watch and IIRC it has two clocks, a calculator (touchscreen), a chronometer, three alarms, and a timer. :)

IMG_2638.JPG
IMG_2639.JPG

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
I'm old school on such matters, and thank that a rich, well made, serious, leather strap would look better - but such things are both very personal and quite subjective.

Anyway, well wear - and do wear it - I wear my Omega Deville daily, and it is an absolutely gorgeous watch.
Yeah, I was between a NATO and a leather. I have the metal chain of course, but that wasn't scratching up my laptop when I was typing. I'll switch it out for special occasions, but for now I'm sticking with the NATO.

CooperBox

macrumors 68000
Honestly, if I were in the market for a Rolex, I would probably save the money and get the Tudor. ETA movements don't bother me at all.

Trying to choose between an Aquaracer and a Seamaster right now, myself. Both have ETA movements, I believe.

Interesting comments. If I was in the market for another Rolex, I'd save some of the money and get an IWC pilots chrono - truly wonderful watches.
Just realised my DateJust is now 55 years old and still looks almost as good as new. A timeless design.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Interesting comments. If I was in the market for another Rolex, I'd save some of the money and get an IWC pilots chrono - truly wonderful watches.
Just realised my DateJust is now 55 years old and still looks almost as good as new. A timeless design.

Ah, that Datejust is just gorgeous; that is exactly the look I love - a timeless classic, with a clean, clear face, one that is easily read, but beautiful and elegant and perfectly proportional.

Well wear.

Those Omegas and Rolexes (and Tudors) that date from the 50s and 60s are close to design perfection, to my (perhaps prejudiced) eye.

Reactions: CooperBox

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Classic watches have always been out of my pocket change league ... yet I've always appreciated the Breitling Old Navitimer / Navitimer B01/B03 (the former since featured in The Skulls which I watched last night after over a decade).

Has anyone posted having a Navitimer or know exactly how to use the crown for calculations: NAUT, KM, etc.?

Cheers.

SK360

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
Beaver, PA
Very nice! I currently have a Hamilton "Khaki Automatic" after selling an Omega "Seamaster" I owned for about 12 years after getting a bit tired of its weight.

Thanks!

Hamilton makes amazing timepieces for the price.

I agree, I was also happy to find an older build with the ETA 2834-2 movement. Hamilton switched out to the in house modified H40 movement sometime through production. The H40 took the watch from 38 hour power reserve to 80 hour but it also took frequency down to 21,600 bph where as the ETA runs at 28,800 bph. I'd rather have the smoother sweep over the longer reserve and any watch shop can work on the standard ETA movement.

Last I tracked it, it was running about +1.5s on accuracy. I stopped tracking though because it just become another obsession, now I just wear it.

Reactions: Expos of 1969
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.