Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Apple QC is a hit or miss sometimes. I remember I had to go through 11 warranty replacements on an iphone 4, all due to issues that I had with warranty replacements. Ever since then, I try to avoid warranty replacements.

Reactions: Jeven Stobs

Wizec

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2019
There is no actual evidence that quality control is lacking.
You’re funny:

“We temporarily removed the option to upgrade to the new Home architecture”

These are all bugs that would have been caught with minimal QA in the respective areas. I could list many more, these are just a few of the latest and greatest.

Last edited:

DontSweatIt

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 13, 2021
Apple QC is a hit or miss sometimes. I remember I had to go through 11 warranty replacements on an iphone 4, all due to issues that I had with warranty replacements. Ever since then, I try to avoid warranty replacements.
That’s interesting

DontSweatIt

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 13, 2021
You’re funny:

“We temporarily removed the option to upgrade to the new Home architecture”

These are all bugs that would have been caught with minimal QA in the respective areas. I could list many more, these are just a few of the latest And greatest.
the big 3 is the iPhone 4 antenna gate, 6 bend gate, and iPhone 12 yellow screens very easy to catch

leslieg

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2020
In my experience Apple's "qc standards" have not "tanked" and ive had a lot of different apple products

Reactions: G5isAlive

yitwail

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2011
I don't know about QC, but currently all my apple devices have apple care+ so I'm not so concerned. However, I do think macOS and iOS QA could use some improvement, to the point where I'm still in OS Monterey and iOS 15.7

DontSweatIt

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 13, 2021
I
I don't know about QC, but currently all my apple devices have apple care+ so I'm not so concerned. However, I do think macOS and iOS QA could use some improvement, to the point where I'm still in OS Monterey and iOS 15.7
I have apple but the quality is awful

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
I think apple is 2006 again and maybe better!

the only way I can proves this is
to come over my home and watch me smile all day using my crap!

or
MBA2021 w/Ventura=perfect
TV2022=perfect
iPhone 12 mini=perefect
AirPods never fall out and provide great sound=perfect
that HomePod mini is outstanding and casting a great quality sound now while watching EPL football
through my Airport express, which I had forever.
im typing this on a MacBook Pro from 2012 using Mojave, no ads, no spinning ball.
the 2017 G5 iPad stutters a nano second
while loading then starting a long video or game online
...how dare they!

thanks Steve Cook, umm Tim Jobs!

Last edited:
Reactions: chabig and Timpetus

genexx

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2022
Let's see what the competitors are doing meanwhile.

A Lenovo laptop 2 days after exactly 2 years warranty, the hinges glued to the metal lid of the display case have loosened. Fortunately, I have disassembled and glued again. holds now. 2 weeks after the first hinge, the second has come loose. Also repaired.

The only Apple device that was ever really defective at some point with me and not recycled or disposed because simply too old and slow, was the Macbook Pro 15 Late 2008 after 9 years of continuous use, including 4 years as a DJ.

Yes, the Apple laptops have not appealed to me for a long time and there where the Graphic Card Issues or the Keyboard Issue on the Macbook Pro, so i was right about that, but I just bought another one, the MBA M2, love it.

DontSweatIt

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 13, 2021
He means the vocal minority. Most folks are happy with their Apple products.

Apple's product has remained pretty consistent in terms of quality on the hardware side. The software side, I blame the executives pushing the development team to put out products before they're ready.
Quality on the hardware has been awful for me software it is what it is

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
how is it better than ever?
It’s better than ever for the same reason it’s worse than ever: perception

You don’t have any evidence to support your point, or as a rebuttal to mine. 🤷🏻‍♂️ That’s my point.

Personally, I’m indifferent to Apple’s QC. I’ve never had a major issue, but know of many (Bendgate, the Apple sock, etc).

I’ve only had one Apple product with an issue — a screen that flickered infrequently, but Apple wouldn’t fix or replace because they couldn’t replicate the issue themselves, and I couldn’t capture it on video because it was 2006-7 and I was never quick enough to grab my digital camera. It happened randomly every 2-3 weeks, and was of minor concern.

Otherwise, Apple did replace my AW3 (new in 2018) due to battery drain issues when using 4G cellular.

My other products have been trouble-free, and I’ve been a user since the PowerPC days. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: millerj123

AppleEnthusiast1995

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2022
I’ve had problems in the past with buying apple products from the likes of amazon, Best Buy and others. Just recently I got a defective or possibly fake AirPod pro 2 from Best Buy. The way I see it is it’s a gamble getting apple products on a sale from third party vendors.

DontSweatIt

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 13, 2021
I’ve had problems in the past with buying apple products from the likes of amazon, Best Buy and others. Just recently I got a defective or possibly fake AirPod pro 2 from Best Buy. The way I see it is it’s a gamble getting apple products on a sale from third party vendors.
theirs no way you got fake airpods from best buy

DontSweatIt

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 13, 2021
Their not much evidence to support my claim or your claim that 3rd parties are a lottery

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.