Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lJoSquaredl

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2012
Black and white/silver is usually default, they got the gold of course, and probably wanted one more neutral color. That dark green or maybe dark red/magenta seem like down the middle colors that can appeal to a lot of people. It looks damn sexy, i've never got a color just stuck with black like most things I purchase, but that green is super tempting.

Also they say geniuses pick green:)

Eggtastic

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
NJ
I just wish they'd go back with the nano 5th gen color line up (rainbow). That would be cool, but probably not cost effective.

MEJHarrison

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2009
I too like the midnight green but I use cases and there aren't many cases IMO that will look good with a green camera bump sticking through.

There might not be any today. But in a month I suspect there will be plenty. Every case maker out there is going to try and cash in on a new color from Apple.

TravisPNW

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2017
Renton, WA
I'm not in the market for an upgrade, but if I was, I would likely get one of these
Its different, but not in a flashy (gold) kind of way

Same. I’ve said for weeks I have no plans to upgrade from my 8 Plus... but the wife just told me I’m approved to upgrade if I desire. As it is I’m the only one without Face ID and Animojis (kid has XR) but both are still something I don’t have to have right now.

Pondering my decision... but I will say if I pull the trigger it will be the Pro Max in Midnight Green. I saw that color and really like it. Been running gold for years...

Reactions: Dirtydutch

zea

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2014
There isn’t a single Apple Leather case that looks good to me with the green.
I felt the same way. The green leather one looked okay, but horrible with the others. Ending up getting a clear one to try it out.

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2017
Don’t like the green. Makes me think of puke. Love the gold as always though. And prefer last year’s glossy finish.

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
Nothing like a $39 clear case. The new phones have a matte finish, so no fingerprints, until you put on that $39 clear case.
I'll use it naked the majority of the time, but there are lots of situations where I sometimes like to be able to throw it in a case.

Reactions: zooby

csrini1

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
Looks like green will be in great demand at 5am pst and the first one to be delayed 2-3 weeks

Reactions: zooby

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
I’m not complaining but the new “midnight green” took me by surprise. I keep asking myself how they came up with that color for a flagship. Not much made by Apple is green except a few cases. The name is also weird. Midnight green... in most places it’s known as forrest green. One of the logical answers I can come up with is that glass looks green sometimes and they wanted to go for a glass look but it’s too green. No hate, just wondering. Also does anyone remember rumors of a green iPhone launching since at least last year with the XS? Do y’all like tho?
I actually like the Midnight Green. Now, I may change my mind once I see it in person. It looks like an over ripped avocado. I'd get a camouflage print case on that.

a02

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2011
I wanted a product red in the Pro line. However the now pro line tends to skew to a few muted colors. Consider going for the iPhone 11 for the red this year.

SamRyouji

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2016
Except for the forest green. ;)

I already looked it up in apple's website. Personally, too much green for my eyes. Feels like I'm holding a pile of mute-colored $$$ in my hand. :D
Ended up with the same old Gold-Forest Green combo as previous iPhone 8 Plus.

Reactions: Breezygirl

sammy2066

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2007
I remember the original iPhone X had leaked in midnight blue with a sliver stainless steel band, which looked amazing!

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Like many here, would’ve preferred midnight blue or a ruby red, but still like the green colour. Want to see it in person before purchasing though.

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
There might not be any today. But in a month I suspect there will be plenty. Every case maker out there is going to try and cash in on a new color from Apple.

Its not that there won't be a ton of cases its that the camera bump is green and doesn't look good coming through the camera cutout. If it doesn't look good with your standard apple black leather case (which goes with everything) then its hard to imagine it look good with others. The only one it looks somewhat good with is the forest green leather but that is too much green for my liking. Now if you go caseless you won't have the problem.

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013

Its not that there won't be a ton of cases its that the camera bump is green and doesn't look good coming through the camera cutout. If it doesn't look good with your standard apple black leather case (which goes with everything) then its hard to imagine it look good with others. The only one it looks somewhat good with is the forest green leather but that is too much green for my liking. Now if you go caseless you won't have the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.