Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dotnet

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Sydney, Australia
I’m not complaining but the new “midnight green” took me by surprise. I keep asking myself how they came up with that color for a flagship. Not much made by Apple is green except a few cases. The name is also weird. Midnight green... in most places it’s known as forrest green.

It doesn't bother me, since I will likely skip this year's iPhone. But next year I'll have a hard time deciding between sunflower grey and haystack blue.

Peter K.

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2012
Philly / SoCal / Jersey Shore
I’m not complaining but the new “midnight green” took me by surprise. I keep asking myself how they came up with that color for a flagship. Not much made by Apple is green except a few cases. The name is also weird. Midnight green... in most places it’s known as forrest green. One of the logical answers I can come up with is that glass looks green sometimes and they wanted to go for a glass look but it’s too green. No hate, just wondering. Also does anyone remember rumors of a green iPhone launching since at least last year with the XS? Do y’all like tho?
Midnight Green is the official color of the Philadelphia Eagles.
/Thread

tps3443

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2019
NC,USA
I like the midnight green on my Pro Max. Best iPhone color ever! I hope they continue this color next year as well.

Maybe a midnight green iPad too?

iMan01

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2015
I’m loving my midnight green phone, but I would love a midnight blue even more. In the meantime, I’m happy they expanded the color options at all for the flagship phones.

Reactions: adam1080

m0sher

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2018
I have contemplated MG but in the end because the camera lens area is also green and will not match with my favorite black Spigen CS case to my liking, I went with space gray today.

Apples’ green leather case however is a very nice fit for MG but my OCD is saying otherwise for my black case.

adam1080

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2012
Been a Space Grey and Black only buyer since before they were an option.

I am loving my MG pro and FG case combo. Looks like British racing green to me or a lovely old leather book. Also, a number of good friends have X and XS with dark cases and we would always mix up phones. Not anymore...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.