Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TechnoMonk

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2022
Two related, but somewhat diametric things:
  • Most of us are projecting when we talk about how we believe we're being perceived.
  • Also, most people judge too harshly about things that other people find joy in because they don't understand it.
That puts us in a circular chicken or the egg riddle where casting judgment on the feeling of being judged is a judgement in itself.
I don’t judge people. Perceptions are like maps, you can’t use a map of New York to go around in SF.

smirking

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley
Well, I said I hate upgrading because upgrading is work because something always breaks. As I type this, I'm stuck without a phone because (I think) my data transferred, my old phone deactivated, but my iPhone 15 Pro didn't activate.

So, I hope nobody's trying to get a hold of me in the next 24 hours. Ugh.

Yup. Still hate upgrading.

MacCheetah3

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Central MN
Reactions: smirking

smirking

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley
WARNING: Do not transfer to your new iPhone 15 until you're someplace where you'll be fine if your phone line goes dead for a while.

I'm not the only one having transfer issues. It appears that at least in the case of Verizon and AT&T, they might be having problems handling the volume of transfers.

I would have been so screwed if this had happened 24 hours ago. Dodged a close one. Woooo.

Last edited:

erpetao

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2011
You get the best value on the first day. Apple doesn't reduce prices as they get older for a whole year. So you are getting more bang for your buck on day 1 than on month 11.

Zest28

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2022
you pay the same price either on the 1st date or 2 months later. So why not have the phone on your hand as earliest as possible ?

This why i am skipping the iPhone 15 Pro Max. I am not going to wait 2 months and pay the same amount of money, while being outdated in 10 months instead of 12.

Now it is waiting for the iPhone 16 Pro Max and hoping the pre-orders goes alot better than this year.

• Haha
Reactions: Surfsalot

lionofthesouth

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2021
Ordered a 15PM. Now cancelled. For me, personally it’s not enough of an upgrade for my usage. I take very few photos, the only game I play is Solitaire, have wireless chargers so cable is not important.
And to be honest, the only reason I’m even staying with iPhone is because Apple Maps is better at finding house names in rural locations which I need to do for my job.

Can afford to upgrade, but it just makes no sense for me. I’ll keep my 13PM and replace battery when the time comes.

Doesn’t stop me WANTING to upgrade though

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I don't really have a good answer for this... I guess I could wait and get it in a few weeks when I could just walk in to the store and ask for one.... But it's like I'm programmed to order it when pre-orders open up lol... weird

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.