Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TECK

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Eventually it wouldn’t even go to the full recovery menu and just dumped me straight into the Startup Repair path which again wouldn’t engage because Windows refused to take my confirmed MS Password. Frustrating.
I solved this by adding a 4 digits pin, instead of confirmed MS password. It will work without issues.

rx78

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2020
I solved this by adding a 4 digits pin, instead of confirmed MS password. It will work without issues.
Adding to this, I have an offline administrator account that only logs in with a password so I use that as my trouble shooting account for recovery or whatever.

dutch070

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2022
Was this ever solved? I have the same issue with my 2009 4,1-5,1 classic MacPro. I have dortanias Open Core Legacy patcher running Monterey on an NVME and a Samsung SATA SSD running Windows10 and my Windows10 80% of the time just doesn't boot.

dutch070

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2022
Was this ever solved? I have the same issue with my 2009 4,1-5,1 classic MacPro. I have dortanias Open Core Legacy patcher running Monterey on an NVME and a Samsung SATA SSD running Windows10 and my Windows10 80% of the time just doesn't boot.
Now its never booting.... Could really use some help if anyone knows a fix.

pooh

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2002
Another me-too here.

CMP 5,1, Open Core Legacy patcher, Windows on a PCI OWC Accelsior 1M2 NVMe, and macOS 12 on a
PCI OWC Accelsior S Samsung SATA SSD. AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 48 GB RAM, dual X5690.

Mac part boots with no issues. Windows almost always needs multiple boots hanging on the Windows logo with no spinning dots.

I did remove the Boot folder from the Windows EFI partition as per Open Core Legacy patcher's instructions (so it is impossible to accidentally try to natively boot EFI Windows potentially destroying the Mac's NVRAM).

Windows was upgraded from BIOS mode to UEFI mode.

Hoping for a solution to this very annoying issue.

Ernst Mulder

star-affinity

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2007
Mac part boots with no issues. Windows almost always needs multiple boots hanging on the Windows logo with no spinning dots.
For me it mostly works fine to boot into Windows, but I do now and then get that hanging with no spinning dots. I always wonder why it's seemingly so random. Why does it work most of the time and not others?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.