Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Just did a beer inventory for the weekend* :D Currently here at the World HQ (BA score in parens):

Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin' (94)
Lagunitas Super Cluster (91)
Lagunitas Undercover Investigation Shut-down (91)
Coppertail Unholy Trippel (89)
Elysian Space Dust (91)

Southern Tier Pumking (92)
Arrogant Consortia Arrogant Bastard (93)

The only reason Super Cluster isn't crossed off, is we replenished it at the grocery yesterday :)

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Cigar City - Jai Alai

A standard "go to" for us, served draft at a couple of our favorite local joints, one of the very best IPAs on the planet.

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
Cracking this bottle tonight.

e7f40b76f60b61b8b521aa3bc45fd978.jpg

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Anybody here go to the Great American Beer Festival, GABF, this last weekend in Denver Colorado? Holy smokes was it a blast! This was the second year going and I have to say the highlight this year was being able to try a few beers I haven't tried before but I really wanted to, such as Sam Adams Utopia! It was that good! And I can say, the 28% abv, didn't taste it, didn't feel it, and I really didn't smell it either. It was probably one of the smooooooothest beers with this high of an abv that I have ever tasted. I want a whole bottle now!

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Anybody here go to the Great American Beer Festival, GABF, this last weekend in Denver Colorado? Holy smokes was it a blast! This was the second year going and I have to say the highlight this year was being able to try a few beers I haven't tried before but I really wanted to, such as Sam Adams Utopia! It was that good! And I can say, the 28% abv, didn't taste it, didn't feel it, and I really didn't smell it either. It was probably one of the smooooooothest beers with this high of an abv that I have ever tasted. I want a whole bottle now!

Wow.

A beer at 28%?

Again, a stupefied wow.

This is entering the territory of fortified wines, or spirits.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Google told me it's over $200 a bottle??o_O

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
Ouch.

For a beer?

That would need to be one incredibly special beer.

For $200 I can buy an excellent cognac, or stunning whiskey, or astounding port, or an amazing wine.

Actually, for $200, I can buy a crate of very good wine.
You can buy a 50 year old bottle of French wine for about half.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Google told me it's over $200 a bottle??o_O

That is correct... retails for $199.00. IF, and that is a big IF, you can find it. Very limited production runs. If you check out any of the beer trading sites, those who have it tend to sell it for a lot more. I have seen the ten year anniversary edition go for $2000 a bottle.

I have only seen it once in the wild and it was already spoken for. I still want a whole bottle, and I am sure I will find one sooner than later...

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
That is correct... retails for $199.00. IF, and that is a big IF, you can find it. Very limited production runs. If you check out any of the beer trading sites, those who have it tend to sell it for a lot more. I have seen the ten year anniversary edition go for $2000 a bottle.

I have only seen it once in the wild and it was already spoke for. I still want a whole bottle, and I am sure I will find one sooner than later...

Good luck with your hunt.

Here, I am sipping an Italian Chardonnay.

Barale - "Sergio Barale" - Bussia Chardonnay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.