Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Well speaking of obscure, last week enjoyed a bottle of a “saison surette” a seasonal beer from a Jurassian brewery called BFM (Brasserie Franches Montagnes). Resembled a lambic. Now currently sipping a pint of “Palm” a amber beer from Belgium outdoors on a mild and sunny autumn afternoon.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Well speaking of obscure, last week enjoyed a bottle of a “saison surette” a seasonal beer from a Jurassian brewery called BFM (Brasserie Franches Montagnes). Resembled a lambic. Now currently sipping a pint of “Palm” a amber beer from Belgium outdoors on a mild and sunny autumn afternoon.

I've had a 'saison surette' before now, and yes, they do resemble a lambic to a certain extent.

However, if memory serves, I think that the yeast "Brettanomyces" is usually a feature in this style of beer, giving it that particular taste sensation on the palate.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
Navarra DO (2015) blanco dulce. Moscatel de grano menudo. 12%.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
You could be buying more taxes than wine:

That is old news; even twenty - twenty five - years ago, I recall how I was advised (both in print, in wine columns in papers, and from friends in the wine trade) to be prepared to spend at least £10 on a bottle of wine, as with more expensive wines, less of the actual volume of wine in the bottle went on tax and therefore, tended to be a better quality of wine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.