Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
The flavor profile is beyond delicious. You get the bourbon barrel aging that sneaks through and of course the Chocolate. The chocolate, while it is there, it isn't over the top, it is there and it is velvety good. Don't get me wrong, I love their Black Tuesday... but this one, edges out the Black Tuesday by a nib of cocao! :)

As it warms up, this one really shines through. The flavors become more pronounced. So good!
Sounds absolutely delicious, but, as @decafjava has pointed out, not something we are likely to come across in Europe.

What was the abv?

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Sounds absolutely delicious, but, as @decafjava has pointed out, not something we are likely to come across in Europe.

What was the abv?

Oh the ABV on it is high... 19.7 plus or minus depending on the year. This was a 2021 version, sorry, not a 2023 version. It was cellared and aged. I have had this fresh and aged. The kicker is, you don't get the alcohol "burn" if you will since it is so high. Just like their Black Tuesday offerings, they have mastered the barrel aging process. Mastered!

I don't think they ship oversees as I know they just opened up a few more distribution sites here within the States.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Well, to a considerable extent, it has been a 'dry' week, (by choice) and thus, it is high time to remedy that deficiency.

Thus, I am now sipping a glass of Chardonnay from the Pays d'Oc, in southern France.

noannualfee

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2022
We moved into our new home last year and I finally got to some of the last boxes and found these.
IMG_0293.jpg

They shall be consumed by week’s end.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

Snow4maen

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2021
A small island near Europe
Am currently sipping, savouring and hugely enjoying an absolutely lovely white wine from Burgundy: Chablis 1er Cru, Grand Vin de Bourgogne.
Drink. And drink. And drink. It lubricates our humanity. For those of us who can’t really contribute, self improvement is vanity. Self destruction is our integrity, an apology for not being good enough. And a love of the human spirit. We are all fallen, let passion destroy you. Celebrate being human.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Drink. And drink. And drink. It lubricates our humanity. For those of us who can’t really contribute, self improvement is vanity. Self destruction is our integrity, an apology for not being good enough. And a love of the human spirit. We are all fallen, let passion destroy you. Celebrate being human.
Well, yesterday was my birthday.

I thought that that (day, event, fact) deserved to be saluted with a good Burgundy.

Reactions: Snow4maen

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Sipping a glass (or three) of Chablis, Chablis 1er Cru, a white wine, from the Burgundy region, in France.

This is a superb, a wine with a gloriously buttery profile, rich, yet smooth, subtle and perfectly balanced.

The grape is Chardonnay, and, for those used to the versions of Chardonnay found in the New World, (some of which I will readily concede are actually excellent), I cannot recommend the classic Burgundies of France highly enough if you want to taste classic excellence, grace married to a subtle buttery expression of power.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.