Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Had a very nice amber beer called "La Trappe Quadrupel" yesterday. Careful as it is rather strong (10% ABV) so this is for slow sipping after a long day. Highly recommended for dark beer lovers - @Scepticalscribe
A splendid beer (and yes, I am familiar with this particular nectar).

Do enjoy.

As you so rightly have noticed, I am indeed very much a dark beer lover, especially in the winter months.

Nice, slow sipping......after a long day. Perfect. What more can one ask?

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Pulled out a classic out of the cellar last night.

Stone and Lost Abbey collaboration called "Sticks N' Stones". Originally released in 2017, I was able to get a bottle from Stone a few years ago, aged it a little more and boy did it pay off. This was beer was simply amazing. The beer is labeled as Dark Imperial Lager and it did not disappoint. Sooooo freaking good. Originally clocked in at 8.3%, I did not taste the alcohol on this one but it did pack a little punch!

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Pulled out a classic out of the cellar last night.

Stone and Lost Abbey collaboration called "Sticks N' Stones". Originally released in 2017, I was able to get a bottle from Stone a few years ago, aged it a little more and boy did it pay off. This was beer was simply amazing. The beer is labeled as Dark Imperial Lager and it did not disappoint. Sooooo freaking good. Originally clocked in at 8.3%, I did not taste the alcohol on this one but it did pack a little punch!
Sounds absolutely delicious.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Had a steller bottle of The Bruery's Chocolate Rain (2023) version. Aged for only a few months, but man this beer is sooooooo freaking good. IMHO, it is their best beer, even beating out their "Black Tuesday" offerings. I wish I could get my hands on a few more bottles. SOOOOO Freaking good!

Reactions: decafjava

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Had a steller bottle of The Bruery's Chocolate Rain (2023) version. Aged for only a few months, but man this beer is sooooooo freaking good. IMHO, it is their best beer, even beating out their "Black Tuesday" offerings. I wish I could get my hands on a few more bottles. SOOOOO Freaking good!
Delighted that you enjoyed it.

What was "so (especially) good" about this particular beer?

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Yesterday, I (belatedly) realised that I was running rather low on beer, - actually, extremely low on beer - and asked my local off-licence to deliver a few beers (and crisps), which they (very cheerfully) did.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Delighted that you enjoyed it.

What was "so (especially) good" about this particular beer?

The flavor profile is beyond delicious. You get the bourbon barrel aging that sneaks through and of course the Chocolate. The chocolate, while it is there, it isn't over the top, it is there and it is velvety good. Don't get me wrong, I love their Black Tuesday... but this one, edges out the Black Tuesday by a nib of cocao! :)

As it warms up, this one really shines through. The flavors become more pronounced. So good!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.