Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you buy an Apple Tablet?

• Yes

Votes: 95 66.9%
  • No

Votes: 47 33.1%

• Total voters

Cowboy22

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
Just curious to see how many people would actually buy a tablet if it came out. I just don't see a huge market for this but maybe I'm wrong.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
Huge is relative.

A new product by Apple is going to attract some people that always want to have the latest and greatest.

Other then that, we don't know what the Tablet will be or the price point, so...

...Whatever, I'll vote yes.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Another stellar poll, I see. :rolleyes:

How can we answer that until we know what the damn thing does? Does it require a contract with a wireless provider? etc. etc. etc.

cart16

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2009
As we don't what the purpose of the apple tablet is (members are currently posting predictions in the apple tablet role thread right now) I have no idea whether or not I am going to buy it.

ArrowSmith

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2009
$1000 for a really cool eReader - no way. The reason the iPhone has sold 50 million is because people really need a phone. Nobody really needs a an iTablet. Especially for $1000.

TechieJustin

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
No, I would not. But I wouldn't buy any tablet at the moment.
The reason is, people can barely read my handwriting; if I use it to take notes, I find it unlikely any tablet would be able to.

If it were a hybrid that folded into a normal laptop - than yes I would consider it.

StruckANerve

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2008
Rio Rancho, NM
No. I haven't heard a single thing so far that has got me the least bit interested in the tablet. If it can do iChat over wifi networks, now that would be cool.

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I intend to pre-order/buy it ASAP (assuming is actually exists). Why? Because I'm that big of a fanboi and I have that kind of money to throw around...

Elzlaik

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2008
Provided it does what I need it to - yes. I can afford it. All I need is a new elegant UI (with some nice eye candy), iWork (with revamped Inkwell Tech), Full iTunes, Full Safari, Full Preview (to edit PDFs) and Full Mail. Along with loads of new iTunes extras and some new MobileMe features, of course, including BTMM over 3G so I can checkin with my iMac at work when I need to.

I helped my girlfriend pay for trips to Africa and India this year. Part of the agreement included me being allowed to make 2 big purchases without dirty looks. This will be #1. Always think ahead.

Decrepit

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2007
Foothills to the Rocky Mountains
Let's see what this thing does. Between my Mini and my iPhone, I'm pretty covered.

That said, if they release something with some unbelievable new features that will help me in some way, cash will be on the way. (After I get a job, but that's beside the point) :D

I mean if this is really an OS X device, and can be a remote control, program guide for my DVR, web browser, home automation interface...

So give me something I didn't have before in a different format, and we'll talk.

celica73

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2009
My wife wants one for work. She can actually do all of her electronic medical records using an iPod Touch/iPhone, but the screen size makes it horribly impractical. The same technology on a bigger screen? Yeah, bingo.

Me, I'll use it as a toy, I can also think of a lot of cool ways it could be used for educational software (I have a 5 year old). Now, we just need someone to make the apps (maybe it's time for me to learn).

Scott

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.