Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you buy an Apple Tablet?

• Yes

Votes: 95 66.9%
  • No

Votes: 47 33.1%

• Total voters

decson

macrumors regular
May 15, 2009
London, UK
Would I buy a tablet - YES

I have an iMac (picture work, games, etc), a mac mini for HTPC and currently a MBP (not for much longer) + iphone...

I commute every day and already have to take my work lap top with me, why would I want to carry another laptop? I have an iPhone which is great for checking things quickly, even ebooks (though I have gotten to the point where I need more screen size and less brightness).

I buy monthly magazines, newspaper each morning - all of which is even more for me to carry and take a book with me.

If I had a device that could have my ebooks, lets me surf off the company network (we have public wifi in office), watch media on a larger screen, access my email (when wanted - not a biggie all of the time as have iPhone) and does not take too much size or weight its perfect.

When at home I like to couch surf the web, or send occasional emails, I don't want to sit in front of the iMac all of the time or be bent over a laptop on the sofa or in bed.

So basics for me would be
wifi
enough juice for playing media and storage for it (even if I have to sync via itunes at home for tunes, films, etc)
suscription to magazines, newspapers
not weighing a ton or too big - 10" is fine :)
powerful enough for light email work, iLife lite? may even give iWork a whirl if its there

I love tech, and am trying to stay away from the it must have this spec, but look at it from the I want the above capabilities point of view.

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
if its runs DOS then might consider it ;)

serious side... don't think it'll be for me... if i'm going to carry something around, might as well be my macbook... plus i have my iphone and probably get the 4G anyway..

obviously if the tablet IS really good, then i'll wait till rev b/c

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.