Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BeardedOrc

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2011
Its so painfully obvious if you understand psychology that his immaturity drove him to say that because he secretly wants like-minded (READ: UNBIASED) people to be able to say "Steve Wozniac the guy who co-founded Apple prefers Android."

Its quite dishonorable and a cheap shot. I see it as almost trying to dishonor Steve after his death and trying to downplay his legacy. --Especially since its still too soon after his death.

Unless you are WOZ himself, then you are just purely speculating on what's his ulterior motive when he made that statement.

Talking about maturity, being biased about phone OS and blindly following a company is irrational. Disregarding advantages of other platforms doesn't show much about your maturity.

Professing love with candor for a celebrity in a tech forum, that, I've always found tacky.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
tacky

tacky

tacky

tacky

He would have never made a comment like this if Steve was alive.

Its so painfully obvious if you understand psychology that his immaturity drove him to say that because he secretly wants like-minded people to be able to say "yeah right even Steve Wozniac the guy who co-founded Apple prefers Android." He just wants some nerd-hero fame which is a reaction to how Steve was always so much more alpha than him while he was alive. Its like a subliminal snub due to insecurity.

Its quite dishonorable and a cheap shot. I see it as almost trying to dishonor Steve after his death and trying to downplay his legacy. --Especially since its still too soon after his death.

And on top of that none of those elements matter. He tried to paint it as a portrait where the details are superior on Android and to try to make it feel like Android is not the one with horrendous trash-ware in general. The point of iPhone is the touch response, the feedback, the details, the performance, the smoothness. Nobody does anything but text and browse the web anyways. And no, not even the Samsung Galaxy S2 is as smooth or in the same ball park with touch response.
Bobby, you really are the poster boy on why I dislike many Apple fanboys.

All you are doing is assuming on what his ulterior motives are when all he is doing is stating the obvious from HIS experience of owning these phones. And assumptions is the mother of all F-ups. Maybe you are the one who needs to open your eyes and mind and not have your opinions come from BLIND allegiances.

Steve Wozniak even predicted BEFORE Jobs' death that Android beat iOS in the smartphone war similar to Windows beating the Mac.

Article was written in Nov 2010 -
http://www.dailytech.com/Steve+Wozniak+Says+Android+Will+Beat+Apples+iPhone/article20190.htm

The Woz bought a Droid and Nexus One even earlier than that.

People forget Wozniak was NEVER close with Steve Jobs. And Woz is good friend with Andy Rubin, the co-founder of Danger and Android.

And remember this - Steve Jobs would have never made his first millions if it wasn't for Wozniak's Apple II. The Apple II was masterminded by The Woz inside and out. He was the true engineering talent while SJ was the better salesman for it. Let's not shortchange The Woz here just because most current Apple fans from the iGeneration know Jobs more and found him more charismatic. The Woz seemed to always act like the better human being and compassionate between the two Steves. You don't try to bite the hand that feeds you. And trying to diss the Woz when he was the real brainchild to Apple's early success would just sound ungrateful.

BearerOBadNews

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2011
By the way, I've taken the liberty of shooting a quick video to demonstrate voice controls to you since it's obvious you have no experience with them. As you can see, it takes almost no time at all to "listen, confirm, and execute"....so I guess you were wrong on that one too...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JEd_6IKtWw&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for the video. I never realized how much easier using voice was than doing things manually. It even works well on my 4S sans navigation. Not quite as seamless but works well anyway.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
Woz was already a multi-millionaire before he turned 30. He was set for life since then. What is his ulterior motive against SJ when he hasn't been employed with Apple since the 80's? Woz left on his own terms. But the Apple II was a bigger sales success story than Jobs' first Macintosh which was a commercial flop that ousted SJ out of Apple that first time.

The only thing Woz ever said about SJ that seemed negative was he wasn't really close with him which is true. That is SJ's personality to be that way. They had a falling out eventually. People want to give ALL THE CREDIT to STEVE JOBS when he has many talented people around to do all the dirty work while he inspires and motivates. SJ didn't even know how to write code. Even Jony Ives was frustrated at time when it seemed SJ got all the credit from Jony's ideas. But that is life. If you are the leader, you get all the credit and all the hate that comes with it as well. Like for instance, iOS was NOT from SJ's own creative vision. That was Scott Forstall. The brainchild of the actual first iPod wasn't from SJ. That was led from Jon Rubinstein's engineering team. SJ was just the marketer and motivator.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.