Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AndroidBlows

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
I guess karma threw its handcuffs on me for complaining. My 6 dropped and apparently I damaged the cellular antennae.

So I went to the Apple store and got a XS SG 256. $1200.

5 hours later I miss my 6 so much that I am going to bring it to a repair place and see if I can get it repaired.

5 hours later.....The notch is terrible. I am trying to remember all the people that said it’s beautiful and fun last year and how much I disagreed. After using the XS for 5 hours I now know it’s terrible. It’s an eye sore. The design is such a fail. I am convinced that Jobs would never let this be released like this. It’s painful. Unnatural. It doesn’t work for me at all. The same people that say the notch is great are the same people that say trump has good hair.

Yellow tint is terrible. Now I see what people are whining about.

This phone is so not worth $1200. For me it’s a step back. I know that’s sounds absurd but this is my honest opinion after using it. Believe me if I felt any different I would say so. But I am still holding true to many of my perceived troll posts. This phone does nothing spectacular compared to my 6 at all. The notch is just totally atrocious. If a TV had a notch people would not accept it.

Anyhoo. Missing my 6. Typing this on a very highly over rated XS.

It does nothing differently or better than my 6 at all. $1200 for a device that does essentially the same way as a 6 is a twisted joke. People that talk about processors are idiotic. This is a phone. Not a desktop doing Adobe Premiere. My god what a waste of $$$.

Ugh. Gimme my 6 back.

Sweet Pikake

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2015
Honolulu. Hawaii
I guess karma threw its handcuffs on me for complaining. My 6 dropped and apparently I damaged the cellular antennae.

5 hours later I miss my 6 so much that I am going to bring it to a repair place and see if I can get it repaired.

5 hours later.....The notch is terrible. I am trying to remember all the people that said it’s beautiful and fun last year and how much I disagreed. After using the XS for 5 hours I now know it’s terrible. It’s an eye sore. The design is such a fail. I am convinced that Jobs would never let this be released like this. It’s painful. Unnatural. It doesn’t work for me at all. The same people that say the notch is great are the same people that say trump has good hair.

This phone is so not worth $1200. For me it’s a step back. I know that’s sounds absurd but this is my honest opinion after using it. Believe me if I felt any different I would say so. But I am still holding true to many of my perceived troll posts. This phone does nothing spectacular compared to my 6 at all. The notch is just totally atrocious. If a TV had a notch people would not accept it.

It does nothing differently or better than my 6 at all. $1200 for a device that does essentially the same way as a 6 is a twisted joke. People that talk about processors are idiotic. This is a phone. Not a desktop doing Adobe Premiere. My god what a waste of $$$.

Ugh. Gimme my 6 back.

you have 14 days to return, get your money back, there's no sense you having to look at something you hate

bambooshots

Suspended
Jul 25, 2013
There’s always the 7 Plus or 8 Plus.

And the 7 Plus is available in the refurbished Apple Store for a slight discount.

Reactions: green86

LoveToMacRumors

macrumors 68030
Feb 15, 2015
Canada

Ugh. Gimme my 6 back.
I had the 6, used it for 4 years. Great phone :D

bhodinut

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2013
Wow. I liked my X so much I upgraded to an Xs. It's great. Video on my gimbal is smooth now. Sound is better. Camera is amazing. I just looked at my old photos from my 6. Yikees!

Give it a few more days. Seriously.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA

Ugh. Gimme my 6 back.

Why don't you just get a 7 or 8? They're practically the same phone no major design changes except for the camera bump.

Reactions: green86

AJAAY

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
It's only been 5 hours. Keep it a few days, the XS might grow on you.

AppleB

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
I have a 6 Plus sitting in a drawer and it’s doesn’t compare to my Max.
Get a 8 and take advantage of the wireless charging. It’s very convenient.

AndroidBlows

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
I took a pic of my girlfriends turkey burger earlier and I showed her the pic and asked if it was any better than her 7 or my 6 or a blackberry. She laughed. I laugh too. I took beautiful clear pics with iPhone 4 and 5. Now I have people telling me the XS I’m holding is actually capable of taking pics like a Canon Mark D5 or something.

Sorry to be such a troll, but wow, I simply cannot believe how duped people are these days.

My 6 was so perfect. No, do not have buyers remorse at all. Verizon had no iPhones for sale. So I was sort of forced into running to the apple store and figured I would try the XS. My job requires constant communication so not having a phone for many hours is painful.

Anyhoo, god, just typing this now with the notch is so weird. It’s just so ugly. So un-Jobsy. So unappealing. Such terrible aesthetic design. I do not know how anyone in their right mind can say it’s better than no notch. That’s just beyond astonishing to me.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
I took a pic of my girlfriends turkey burger earlier and I showed her the pic and asked if it was any better than her 7 or my 6 or a blackberry. She laughed. I laugh too. I took beautiful clear pics with iPhone 4 and 5. Now I have people telling me the XS I’m holding is actually capable of taking pics like a Canon Mark D5 or something.

Sorry to be such a troll, but wow, I simply cannot believe how duped people are these days.

My 6 was so perfect. No, do not have buyers remorse at all. Verizon had no iPhones for sale. So I was sort of forced into running to the apple store and figured I would try the XS. My job requires constant communication so not having a phone for many hours is painful.

Anyhoo, god, just typing this now with the notch is so weird. It’s just so ugly. So un-Jobsy. So unappealing. Such terrible aesthetic design. I do not know how anyone in their right mind can say it’s better than no notch. That’s just beyond astonishing to me.

I find it really hard to believe your 6 took a better pic then the Xs. Return the damn phone already.

AppleHaterLover

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2018
If the Wright Brothers had given up on their plane because it didn’t fly in the first 6 hours of work, you wouldn’t have a phone in your hands and wouldn’t be here complaining.

So, mixed feelings about reaching definitive conclusions about any subject within 6 hours of first learning about it. We wouldn’t need to read this.

It doesn’t work for me at all.

I honestly cannot recall the last time anything ever in the history of the world has been a unanimous agreement.

It doesn’t work for you, the key here being FOR YOU.

Since you’ve reached that conclusion by yourself in record time, I wouldn’t expect us random people on the Internet to do a job any better than Apple itself in selling you the concept of an iPhone. Return it. Get an Android. Maybe an iPhone 8. Or a used 6 off Swappa for $50. I don’t know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.