Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OldCorpse

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
compost heap
Right. Not a huge surprise. I'm very happy with my 15" M2 16/1 starlight MBA, and looking at the M3 MBA I'm not experiencing any regret or FOMO. Of course we have to wait for user reports, but on paper, I see nothing earth shattering. If there was an interesting form factor re-design, or more color choices, I might feel differently, but just going by the specs, I'm totes chill. I've been using my MBA these last three months and it's superb, absolutely no complaints. I don't see what the M3 instead of the M2 chipset would've made better for me these last few months. I'm happy with my M2 and have no doubt new buyers of the M3 will be equally happy with their MBAs!

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
Right. Not a huge surprise. I'm very happy with my 15" M2 16/1 starlight MBA, and looking at the M3 MBA I'm not experiencing any regret or FOMO. Of course we have to wait for user reports, but on paper, I see nothing earth shattering. If there was an interesting form factor re-design, or more color choices, I might feel differently, but just going by the specs, I'm totes chill. I've been using my MBA these last three months and it's superb, absolutely no complaints. I don't see what the M3 instead of the M2 chipset would've made better for me these last few months. I'm happy with my M2 and have no doubt new buyers of the M3 will be equally happy with their MBAs!
Yes this was expected. Apple only updates the housing every 4-5 years.
The yearly updates are incremental and not worth it if you already have a M chip.

Reactions: tstafford
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.