Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macgeek18

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2009
Northern California
It this order. That Sansa my brother still has somewhere and uses it. Crazy.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 1,065
  • download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 1,048
  • download (2).jpg
    download (2).jpg
    5 KB · Views: 1,036
  • download (3).jpg
    download (3).jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 1,022
  • download (4).jpg
    download (4).jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 1,067

soundr

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2012
Original iPod, with a whopping 5GB of storage and firewire connection. Now it looks clunky, old fashioned, physically huge and has very limited memory.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
It was this. It was confusing.

$(KGrHqZ,!k4E9vwO7dG)BPvoonpPC!~~60_35.JPG

Original iPod, with a whopping 5GB of storage and firewire connection. Now it looks clunky, old fashioned, physically huge and has very limited memory.

Well, I'd be more then happy to take it off your hands. :p

ianwuk

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2010
This was mine, I thought it was awesome and that 20GB was a massive amount of space:

20gb-ipod-1247539997.jpg

kylera

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364089656.361221.jpg

I forget the name. All I remember was that it was by LG and was a multifunctional MP3/cassette/FM player with two slots for MMC with a maximum total of 32MB. It was the perfect bridge device - I could listen to MP3s and if a friend brought a different mix tape, I could borrow for a bit.

blehpunk

macrumors regular
May 3, 2005
diamond rio pmp 300, which i still have somewhere. it held about 8 songs, but i played them to death.

rio06.jpg

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
My first mp3 player was technically a Sony Minidisc player bc I could load mp3's directly onto the discs for playback.

But my first hard drive based mp3 player was the Dell DJ. It was great until I dropped it onto the concrete floor in the engineering lab. Then I went without a mp3 player and went back to minidiscs as I was broke lol. Then when I got my first internship I bought a 30GB iPod 5.5 gen. Still works to this day!!! But I also have a shuffle that I was using for working out and just acquired a Nano 6th gen from a family member

For those not familiar with the Dell DJ:

dell-d2.jpg

----------

A Dell DJ in September 2004. In January I had gone back to school (12th grade) after Christmas break and the person in the desk next to me had gotten one for Christmas. I had never seen an MP3 player before and was fascinated. I thought it was a minidisc player at first. I immediately wanted one. I started researching MP3 players right away and saw the iPod for the first time. I ended up buying the Dell DJ after going to college for its cheaper price. I watched for sales and found a package deal with the higher capacity model and an in line remote included. I remember rocking out to it on campus walking to class and at my on campus job (cleaning flower pots and watering plants in the botany lab- true story). My Dell DJ broke maybe 2 years later and was replaced with the iPod Video when that came out.

Haha same story as me. I bought this when i started college bc it was the cheapest option out there - I got mine for only $45 bc Dell screwed up my laptop order and they gave me a huge credit towards a future dell purchase . When the Dell DJ came out it was a no brainer to finally ditch the minidisc player.

This player was great - it actually had better battery life than my friend's iPod. Sucks I dropped it onto the floor in the engineering lab and the drive broke haha

I replaced it with an iPod Video 5.5 gen (black one)

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
My first MP3 player was a SanDisk 'Sansa' blah blah...Tho it already had a 30-pin connector, I always thought they were Apple exclusive o_O

(snip)

The Sansa used a similar but not identical connector. I know this because my wife's first MP3 player was a Sansa e250. It also sits in a drawer, unused. She said she liked it, but after a while, she started becoming jealous of how my first MP3 player always seemed to "just work", while her Sansa gave her fits trying to sync media to it.

And what was my first?

Blue_iPod_Nano_300x707.jpg

The 2nd gen nano, in blue.

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
e8a3ugu3.jpg

Mine looked a little like this. I couldn't find a picture of it and I do not have it anymore. Mine was a plane white stick with controls on top and bottom. Had 128mb of storage and was $50

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
First I used an old Philips 4GB MP3 player. A few months later when I turned 13 I got a 32GB iPod touch 4th gen, and a few months after that I got a 2GB 4th gen shuffle. I am currently 16, my iPod touch fell apart, and I now own a 64GB iPod touch 5 (Black).

Picture attached

-iPod touch 4th Gen Black (Not my Pic)
-iPod touch 4th Gen Black (32GB, My Pic, Destroyed)
-iPod touch 5th Gen Black (64GB, Not my Pic)
-iPod shuffle 4th Gen Silver (2GB, My Pic)
-Philips MP3 Player Black (4GB, My Pic)

How does ones iPod touch 4 get destroyed like that? I've had my iPod touch 4 since November 2010 and it's still in tip top shape.

AppleDeviceUser

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Canada
How does ones iPod touch 4 get destroyed like that? I've had my iPod touch 4 since November 2010 and it's still in tip top shape.

I used it a lot, dropped over 100 times on cement, gravel, dirt, water, floor plus I drained the battery about twice a day and it still lasted about 1.5 years! Once it finally broke down I took it apart to see what is inside, I build stuff with electronics so I was interested. So I'd say it lasted a pretty long time for how it was being used.

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
I also had an iriver. It was pretty sweet full of blink 182 and pod (by full i mean like 8-10 songs) lol.

I remember when I got my first ipod we couldnt figure out how to use the scroll wheel we didnt know it was a scroll so we would tap it and get it to move like 1 place it was pretty funny stuff.

TheMTtakeover

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2011
My first mp3 player was technically a Sony Minidisc player bc I could load mp3's directly onto the discs for playback.

I had the SAME thing! I was in middle school my friends used to laugh at me and say that is a floppy disc player not an mp3 player. HAHAHa

HeyKatie

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2012
h1011.jpg

1GB, then a first gen iPod nano 2gb, second gen iPod nano 4gb, 3rd gen ipod nano 8gb, 5th ipod nano 16gb, ipod touch 3rd gen 32gb, now an iphone. Saving up for a classic.

Zendokan

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2011
Belgium
creative-zen.jpg

The Creative Zen 8gb from 2008 is my first mp3-player*.
I'm still using it daily and when I'm writing test scenarios it can be upto 7 hours a day.
Sometimes the screen stays white, but if you just restart it (not reset), the screen comes back and on rare occassions the colors of the UI are a shade lighter (again, just a restart to get the darker shade back).

I bought last year an iPod Nano 16gb 6th gen to replace it. Not because the Zen was defect, but Creative software doesn't support OSX. This meant that I couldn't put new songs on it.
I had tried the XNJB software, but I couldn't get it installed on OSX 10.6.x.
Afterwards I got it to work on OSX 10.8.3
So now the iPad Nano is banned to my car radio and I'm using again my Zen :D

*Before the Zen, it was the original Walkman and Discman and then a lot of years nothing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.