Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cferra

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2010
This is such an odd mess. My preapproval is done and confirmed by email. But- if I go through the app, it says my pre approval is expired. Yet through the web, it’s fine. ??‍♂️
This is a thing. You should be good though

Reactions: AE14

cferra

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2010
Then purchase it without selecting a carrier and take the $30 penalty. That’s your choice!
No - and stop apologizing for corporations and their mistakes. Take this hit take that hit - no - we make good faith deals and enroll in programs that they offer, they need to honor their side too. The whole reason to get the iPhone through apple was to avoid buying it from t-mobile because their upgrade and jump program was worse, every year there was some problem - All we do is take the hit and that’s not ok.
They need to make the process easy and more importantly make sure it works.

a.y.n

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2009
San Francisco
Still getting the same "We can't connect to your wireless carrier at this time…" error this morning in the loan approval step. I tried on my Mac and also didn't work:

Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 06.52.24.png

Reactions: iNICK20

iNICK20

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2014
Still getting the same "We can't connect to your wireless carrier at this time…" error this morning in the loan approval step. I tried on my Mac and also didn't work:

View attachment 1832926
Still same error for me. So I don't know what the freaking issue is. But T-Mobile/Apple act like its all good. Well its not?! LOL

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Still same error for me. So I don't know what the freaking issue is. But T-Mobile/Apple act like its all good. Well its not?! LOL

It’s such a first world problem but it’s super frustrating. I wish the error wasn’t so vague and it could be easily identified by anyway. At this rate, probably going to be late to preorders. :mad:

iNICK20

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2014
It’s such a first world problem but it’s super frustrating. I wish the error wasn’t so vague and it could be easily identified by anyway. At this rate, probably going to be late to preorders. :mad:
I won't be buying it if that case. I have pre-ordered every iPhone since the 6s. So since I'm getting nowhere with Apple or T-Mobile. I'm good with my 12 Pro for another year. T-Mobile is like, With all the issues your having with Apple, Just buy it with us. I'm not gonna pay $550 down.

iNICK20

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2014
The phone rep I just spoke too, was the worst. She said anyone doing IUP isn't able to pre-register and can't until tomorrow.

I said this makes no sense based on what the site said. She said the site doesn't state you can currently do it with IUP. So she doesn't know where I'm getting information, but she said all the information is on Apple.com

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
The phone rep I just spoke too, was the worst. She said anyone doing IUP isn't able to pre-register and can't until tomorrow.

I said this makes no sense based on what the site said. She said the site doesn't state you can currently do it with IUP. So she doesn't know where I'm getting information, but she said all the information is on Apple.com

Sounds like the person who was telling me yesterday how preorders don’t start until Friday.

I can’t even see my plan details through T-Mobile. It tells me my plan is unknown and I get blank request timeout pages.

And then this one:
AEAB7C02-0BDD-402A-B225-645410D7D5DD.jpeg

Reactions: iNICK20

laptech

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2013
Earth
Sounds like the person who was telling me yesterday how preorders don’t start until Friday.

I can’t even see my plan details through T-Mobile. It tells me my plan is unknown and I get blank request timeout pages.

And then this one:
View attachment 1832995
geezus, who writes this mobile phone stuff?, the grammar is terrible and it is meant to have come from a professional company!!??

Reactions: MadeTheSwitch

iNICK20

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2014
the problem is getting a rep with half a brain.
I had a rep who tried to do an dummy order for me over the phone, and apparently got locked out of sending me a one time pin. Since I did it too many times. smh

stephenschimpf

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2018
San Pedro, CA
I preordered this morning and had no problem at all. I was on the old ONE plan ($70/month) and switched to Magenta Max 55+ ($65/month) a few weeks ago, partially to get another year of free Apple TV+.

iNICK20

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2014
T-Mobile only solution for me now is to use an different payment method. Even if that works, Which I'm not doing. Why should I be forced to do that? This is nonsense, and rep after rep don't seem to know the answer. One rep transferred me to Citizen Ones. Another blamed T-Mobile again. Which sucks. May just skip this launch.

Supposed to be getting an call back regarding my issue.

Edit: Rep called me, then after explaining my issue again, the call got disconnected. Been waiting 20mins for her to recall, and nothing.

• Angry
Reactions: AE14

a.y.n

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2009
San Francisco
Anyone with the loan pre-approval error figured out a solution? I’ve been on the phone with T-Mobile and Apple for almost an hour.

mattyjb

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2016
Same issue. Just absurd. Talked to T-Mobile. Talked to Apple. Everyone is clueless. At least I know I’m not the only one.
1B66A641-8B68-41A7-AE5B-149ADA39693C.jpeg

Reactions: a.y.n

cferra

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2010
T-Mobile only solution for me now is to use an different payment method. Even if that works, Which I'm not doing. Why should I be forced to do that? This is nonsense, and rep after rep don't seem to know the answer. One rep transferred me to Citizen Ones. Another blamed T-Mobile again. Which sucks. May just skip this launch.

Supposed to be getting an call back regarding my issue.

Edit: Rep called me, then after explaining my issue again, the call got disconnected. Been waiting 20mins for her to recall, and nothing.
I did another enrollment with my parents account for iup just now and it all went through, they are on an essentials plan. I definitely think it has to do with the account type thing. You tried to get that changed?

iNICK20

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2014
I did another enrollment with my parents account for iup just now and it all went through, they are on an essentials plan. I definitely think it has to do with the account type thing. You tried to get that changed?
I'm on an select choice plan. Can I sign up using my parents T-Mobile account?

Last edited:

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
FZLTUL2LP. T-Mobile One @ Work.

So was I. A rep changed me from “individual / sole proprietor” to “individual / regular” yesterday, which apparently also required them to change my plan to Magenta.

I went from the “account not supported error” to “there’s an issue with your mobile number” lol.

• Haha
Reactions: a.y.n

a.y.n

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2009
San Francisco
Just got off the phone with Apple, the guy asked his supervisor and basically said they were aware of the issue especially with TMO customers and they were working on it. And asked that we try again later.

We have a bit under 8 hours to get pre-approved. So will see. And if it doesn’t work by 9p PT, I’m not confident it will work at 5a tomorrow morning when the systems are gonna be getting hit even harder then.

Last edited:

a.y.n

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2009
San Francisco
So was I. A rep changed me from “individual / sole proprietor” to “individual / regular” yesterday, which apparently also required them to change my plan to Magenta.

I went from the “account not supported error” to “there’s an issue with your mobile number” lol.

Sounds like there are 2 issues, the account types that allowed IUP, which they fixed yesterday by adding a ton more account types. And now this error is when they try to preapprove the loan and they need to hit T-Mobile to verify something else, and that is either erroring out or timing out. I was told they were looking into it.

iNICK20

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2014
Sounds like there are 2 issues, the account types that allowed IUP, which they fixed yesterday by adding a ton more account types. And now this error is when they try to preapprove the loan and they need to hit T-Mobile to verify something else, and that is either erroring out or timing out. I was told they were looking into it.
But what happens if I try my Parents T-Mobile account? Will I have any major issues?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.