Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

a.y.n

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2009
San Francisco
Try doing it on a desktop or laptop. Mine finally went through on my MBP.

I did. No joy.

EDIT: actually, I got the "your request couldn't be processed…" error message and clicked the button, and was able to continue to go to the loan application and then it worked! I guess this morning I didn't even bother continuing after seeing that error message.

Last edited:

RotaryP7

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2011
Miami, FL
I did. No joy.

EDIT: actually, I got the "your request couldn't be processed…" error message and clicked the button, and was able to continue to go to the loan application and then it worked! I guess this morning I didn't even bother continuing after seeing that error message.
Damn, congrats!

iNICK20

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2014
I did. No joy.

Well damn. I feel lucky for you. They told me well just try tomorrow at launch. If its doesn't work then try another payment method if its allows you too.

SwitchL0gic

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2016
Caldwell, ID
I just got frustrated and ended up using my parents info instead of my own for the “confirm your carrier” section. ? So I guess I’ll have to swap the esim/sim for the correct service afterwards lol annoying but it’s better than not getting anywhere at all.

Reactions: cferra

iNICK20

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2014
Used my Mom Number and its worked. T-Mobile said that should be fine.
Apple3.PNG

Reactions: cferra

iNICK20

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2014
Citizens couldn't approve me in time last year. Took them an week to approve me. But auto approved me for the Xbox (Paid off last month). Now they gotta manually approve me for the iPhone. Which will take 3 days. My First iPhone launch, Since my 6s+ I probably won't get at launch ha (I have FOMO).

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Looks like I’m the last one stuck then lol. Seems to be related to the pending plan change when trying to get my account type changed…hopefully T-Mobile can apply it sooner or cancel the plan change :rolleyes:

iNICK20

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2014
Looks like I’m the last one stuck then lol. Seems to be related to the pending plan change when trying to get my account type changed…hopefully T-Mobile can apply it sooner or cancel the plan change :rolleyes:
Actually my account is still stuck. I just used my parents phone number. Which worked. So try that?

jetydosa

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2015
I am having the same exact issue except with ATT.....weird.

I seem to remember some people complaining about similar speed bumps last year but dont recall the solution.

I chatted with Apple but they said Id have to contact ATT. I dont even have ATT yet!

EDIT - I tried on Apple.com website, went through all the same steps and it says:

"Based on AT&Ts policies, we cannot ship this phone"

WTF???

Last edited:

mattyjb

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2016
If this issue prevents me from preordering in the morning, I’ll skip upgrading, pay off my 12 and leave the Apple iPhone upgrade program. I’ll switch carriers next year as well. Both Apple and T-Mobile should be ashamed at this level of incompetence.

MJedi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2010
I'm able to move further into the process, but now getting the "Your request couldn't be processed..." on both Apple Store app and Apple website.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
If this issue prevents me from preordering in the morning, I’ll skip upgrading, pay off my 12 and leave the Apple iPhone upgrade program. I’ll switch carriers next year as well. Both Apple and T-Mobile should be ashamed at this level of incompetence.

Im guessing it’s more on the side of T-Mobile than anyone else. Apple reaches out to them for some sort of info and if they don’t get what they’re expecting, you get an error. Or at least that’s what it seems like to me.

Reactions: MadeTheSwitch

mattyjb

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2016
Im guessing it’s more on the side of T-Mobile than anyone else. Apple reaches out to them for some sort of info and if they don’t get what they’re expecting, you get an error. Or at least that’s what it seems like to me.
Agreed.

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2008
I kind of want to change my choice, but scared to cancel and start over. Took two days to get IUP order entered.

laptech

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2013
Earth
Ya, lucky I got through, not so much for my wife lol.
You've heard the expression 'what's yours is mine and what's mine is mine'. So when it comes to your wife, what's yours is hers and what's hers is hers. So I think you have lost your upgraded phone to your wife lol.

a.y.n

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2009
San Francisco
Was able to place my pre-order shortly after 5a PT, but have been trying to get hers in since. The store app on her phone gives me the same error as the pre-approval process, as expected, and the web is having issues verifying eligibility (probably Apple's issue).

IMG_7F7B33534457-1.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.