Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
Has anyone found any other credible sources that Tim is resigning?
Nice for laughs, but seriously Tim has plenty of incentive to stick around to Fall 2025.

Cook will get 333,987 units of restricted stock that will vest in thirds on an annual basis starting in 2023

surfzen21

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 31, 2019
New York
If Tim was immenintly resigning (or retiring and at some point in time this will be true) it would be all over every financial publication and the front page on MacRumors, not in the back forums of an "Apple Tech" fan site.
I agree.

I rarely watch stuff by this person. I was curious if anyone heard similar things thought, since I hadn't found anything.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
If Tim was immenintly resigning (or retiring and at some point in time this will be true) it would be all over every financial publication and the front page on MacRumors, not in the back forums of an "Apple Tech" fan site.

Yeah, this would be a huge story across all types of news services! His time will come, but for some reason I don't think it is now.

MrDerby01

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2010
Why is this on the front page “recommended threads” thing? Give the slot to something credible.
Fixed : "Apple reportedly is working with the Linux community to foster long term relationship regarding the M2 chip."

TVreporter

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2012
Near Toronto
While I doubt he will retire/step down anytime soon, I always wonder who is next in line in the event Tim suddenly died or had to abruptly leave due to illness.

Was there anyone else in the running when Jobs recommended Cook take over?

randomthoughts

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2020
If it isn’t a fact or verified, edit the title of the post to have a question mark. Otherwise this is clickbait.

18B27BAA-0928-4919-B0A8-30757518629B.jpeg

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
Ach, why did I waste 37 seconds of lifetime listening to this pointless nonsense…
I didn't!
I scrolled a bit more down on this page instead, as that seemed like fake news.

Tim is not going anywhere just yet, but he's not getting younger.
See what news we have in 5 yrs?
I believe they have a plan already on Apple. I mean he could die in an accident at anytime.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
While I doubt he will retire/step down anytime soon, I always wonder who is next in line in the event Tim suddenly died or had to abruptly leave due to illness.

Was there anyone else in the running when Jobs recommended Cook take over?
I wonder if the same was said of Steve, prior to the announcement of his illness?

Reactions: DeepIn2U
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.