Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tyler O'Bannon

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2019
He’s currently go incentive to stick around a bit longer.

I’m sure it’s a stressful job (or at least a lot of weight to carry), and we certainly don’t know his personal goals, but my best guess is that it doesn’t seem likely that he’s done yet, or at least a couple more years at the very minimum.

ApplesAreSweet&Sour

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2018
Who the hell is this channel and why do they have 269k subscribers? They have zero credible info whatsoever.
For better or worse, there’s next to no journalistic integrity on social media.

As long as you’re not attacking anyone or posting violent or sexual imagery, you can pretty much say and do what you want.

The average user on YouTube just wants to be entertained and does not look into the story they’re being told.

The claim is completely made up but works as a great YouTube title and thumbnail to bait us in since nobody else is posting this video (because it’s a flat out lie).

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
Better yet, can you stop posts like this one from appearing on the front page banner?
I think it's just an automatically generated list of non-News threads that have recent posts. I've asked other staff for confirmation.

Until I have a definitive answer, you can disable the "banner" by going to the Front Page, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and clicking the [ Featured On/Off ] link. Click it again to re-enable the "banner".

TimCookAin'tGoing

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2022
Look at how many sources this goofy guy got it from. SOO many.
1672365207594.png

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: DeepIn2U and nvmls

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I wonder if the same was said of Steve, prior to the announcement of his illness?
Yes.

First all was widely rumoured to take over about two years before cOok did.

Also there was a lame rumor of Jobs contracting aids with some forged hospital document which was posted on a thread here on this site. After a few short pages was fully deleted by the mods.

• Wow
Reactions: I7guy and surfzen21

surfzen21

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 31, 2019
New York
this literally has to be the worst apple oriented channel on youtube, they always have misleading titles and thumbnails and often repeat old news as if they were new
Unfortunately there are more than a few that fit into that category 🥲

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Timing is perfect. The guy practically looks Dead. No innovation what so ever near the level that of Steve. The list can go on with this guy who has clearly lost his way years ago trying to ride on someone else's coat tales.
Thanks for the chuckle!

Reactions: I7guy

Apple Knowledge Navigator

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2010
The AR/VR headset will almost certainly be his final 'big' product launch. Products like Apple Watch and features like Crash Detection are really symbolic of his drive to help more and more people, though I believe the headset will be the culmination of a lot of technologies and ideas that Apple has built up over the years, which will enable scenarios that we haven't yet considered.

But the video and even the idea that he will step down sooner rather than later doesn't make sense to me. Then again, what 'soon' means is relative.

Ethanmenzel

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2017
Has anyone found any other credible sources that Tim is resigning?

This YouTuber has a lot of clickbait and false information. It went around a year or two again that Tim Cooke was going to retire after seeing the launch of the next big thing which might be a car or VR headset. We do not know because it was from leakers and analysts. All are speculations

Reactions: surfzen21

PauloSera

Suspended
Oct 12, 2022
Has anyone found any other credible sources that Tim is resigning?

We could only be so lucky.

Nothing could possibly be better for Apple right now than a change in leadership. Tim Cook's bean counting approach to Apple has made shareholders happy by minimizing risk and made customers furious by refusing to give them what they ask for.

Things customers want:

- Reasonable prices
- Stable software releases
- Value progression
- Comprehensible product lineups
- More attention to product lines other than iPhone
- New product lines in new categories.

Tim Cook isn't interested in any of these because they cost the company money to deliver, and do little to appease shareholders.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.