Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Jan 7, 2017
Right... some random YouTuber knows about te strategy of one of the largest corporations in the world. One wonders how we ever got tis far as a species sometimes.

Reactions: nvmls and MBAir2010

Cancelled
Jan 7, 2017
Things customers want:

- Reasonable prices
- Stable software releases
- Value progression
- Comprehensible product lineups
- More attention to product lines other than iPhone
- New product lines in new categories.

Tim Cook isn't interested in any of these because they cost the company money to deliver, and do little to appease shareholders.

<sarcasm>Of course, Apple consumers are mindless drones, devoid of free will and forced to buy the iPhones driving Apple to 55% market share in the mobile phone space. Voting with ones wallet is not a thing...</sarcasm>

Even if what you say is true and Apple is not serving customers in any other market segment beyond iPhone, then where are all these consumers getting the fix for 'what they want' ? Last time I checked e.g. Mac shipments have historically only grown and '22 growth slowdowns have affected Apple less than other reputable computer brands.

Tim Apple seems to be doing a bang up job keeping investors and customers reasonably happy and I doubt any of the pundits here would do any better ;)

And that those 'new product categories' : what might they be? The Metaverse? Some weird AR gimmicks? Nothing wrong with refining existing products: in spite of all the faults of iOS and some questionable developments with macOS, I wonder if anyone here van provide a single example of _any other_ vendor whose conventional personal computing equipment, apps and mobile devices work together so well and, at the end of the day, mostly issue free... oh and where such a vendor is also cheaper:

A galaxy Fold is awesome, a Dell XPS13 with W11, a nice screen and a WSL based linux terminal can be powerful (although I have my doubts on battery life compared to a similarly capable MacBook) but do they give me the combined experience for less money? I doubt it...

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
We could only be so lucky.

Nothing could possibly be better for Apple right now than a change in leadership. Tim Cook's bean counting approach to Apple has made shareholders happy by minimizing risk and made customers furious by refusing to give them what they ask for.

Things customers want:

- Reasonable prices
- Stable software releases
- Value progression
- Comprehensible product lineups
- More attention to product lines other than iPhone
- New product lines in new categories.

Tim Cook isn't interested in any of these because they cost the company money to deliver, and do little to appease shareholders.
You also don't run a successful business by giving people everything they want, for the exact same reasons.

MrDerby01

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2010
Right... some random YouTuber knows about te strategy of one of the largest corporations in the world. One wonders how we ever got tis far as a species sometimes.
Looking at some of the apple users.. I totally agree. "How did we ever get this far as a species!??"

Open-Source-Norange

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2021
I dunno how anyone ever believed this channel when all they release it videos with unfounded claims and straight ups lies about Apple products. It doesn't help that their thumbnails are the definition of clickbait and sometimes don't even have ANYTHING to do with the actual video itself.

Joe Dohn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2020
<sarcasm>Of course, Apple consumers are mindless drones, devoid of free will and forced to buy the iPhones driving Apple to 55% market share in the mobile phone space. Voting with ones wallet is not a thing...</sarcasm>

Removed the "forced to buy the iPhones" (maybe) and you're golden.
Also, you don't need the "sarcasm" tag.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
The same channel has a video claiming that this is the last year for the iPhone... This channel reminds me of a budget version of Max tech.

Falhófnir

macrumors 603
Aug 19, 2017
Well he's approaching retirement age anyway, but he could stop anytime he wants, or go on for as long as he wants assuming he keeps getting the results the shareholders expect. Depends on whether he actually enjoys what he's doing more than the alternatives he could be doing.

mrmacuser69

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2023
Not even remotely credible. The first link in the description of that video is a link to another video by them: "Why Apple is ending the iPhone in 2023"

You gotta learn to not believe everything you see online my guy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.