Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnGrey

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2012
Cincinnati Metro
ok so question again

Did the waterfall/shoot electric arrow thing, and stocked up on melee weapons and health items,

what do I do in the first divine beast place? Where that waterwheel is? Stuck,

I see the ball inside the non moving wheel and whacked it to the top, do I need to whack it even further?

(no puns intended) :p

Been a while since I took on Vah Ruta but I believe you need to move the position of the trunk to cause water to pour into the beast's interior.

Also, if you ever decide to play him again, and didn't already, use Cryonis to break his ice attacks instead of wasting arrows on it.

blesscheese

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Central CA
Been a while since I took on Vah Ruta but I believe you need to move the position of the trunk to cause water to pour into the beast's interior.

Also, if you ever decide to play him again, and didn't already, use Cryonis to break his ice attacks instead of wasting arrows on it.

Good point, been meaning to follow up...if you are ever stuck in any of the Divine Beasts, try going to the map and re-positioning the external bits that can be moved. I was stuck inside of Van Rudania for about 2 hours, until I remembered, Duh, I can move things around. I blame sleep deprivation, my dog is sick.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
I'm going to start my own save game soon.
Make sure you do it on your own account. I believe you can't have a 2nd save on the same account. Not sure if this follows over to the 2nd account too. I don't think so but just make sure.
[doublepost=1490995684][/doublepost]
Um, so I just used a Turkey as a paraglider

View attachment 694257
That's a Cucco. And Cucco gliding is a staple of the series dating back to Ocarina of Time.
[doublepost=1490996000][/doublepost]This is just for fun and I didn't expect it to be stabled but lets have a laugh about it ok? :)

This is what the horse looked like.

7TybMra.jpg

This is what the stable person told me.

Fwo8NEX.jpg

ssmW9ay.jpg

XZIFZtN.jpg

They would not even let me compete with the horse.

i6DAoRC.jpg

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
Oh, well this is my first Zelda game, haha
That is a great thing. Enjoy it. Just remember that this Zelda game is unlike any other Zelda game. If you one day want to look into playing the Zelda back catalogue, expect nothing like BotW. Sure there's Link and Zelda and a few of the same races. But that's it.

Expec the back catalogue to be similar to BotW is setting yourself up for disappointment. However have an open mind and expect some different but also good games and you'll probably enjoy some of them.

hawkeye_a

macrumors 68000
Jun 27, 2016
I hope Nintendo reuses the game's engine, improves it where required, and creates another Zelda game of this caliber with new puzzles, etc.... for the Switch.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
I hope Nintendo reuses the game's engine, improves it where required, and creates another Zelda game of this caliber with new puzzles, etc.... for the Switch.
Was the N64 the last time Nintendo released multiple Zelda titles for a single console?

hawkeye_a

macrumors 68000
Jun 27, 2016
I think (speculation on my part), the last time they reused the same game engine on the same console for the Zelda franchise was N64(OoT and MM). More recently, I suspect Mario Galaxy 1&2(Wii) used the same engine.

I hope they can reuse their engines (and just optimize, fix bugs, etc) more often (at least in the same generation) and focus on new stories and puzzles, etc instead.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
Framerates are much better with the latest update. I usually would get stuttering around the Fairy Fountains, now I'm not getting any stuttering. Cool!
Yup. Still getting skipped in the lost forest though. Hopefully one more update will do it.

blesscheese

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Central CA
Digital Foundry did a comparison of the frame rates between 1.10 and 1.11, and were generally impressed. (Caveat...the better frame rates are for the Switch, not really the Wii U version).

Warning -- there are spoilers, but they give a good warning (I haven't watched the whole thing, didn't want the spoilers).

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Is 1.1.2 update actually out ? Mine says i have latest update at 1.1.1

Edit .. Doh!!! I already am at the latest patch. Facepalm myself

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I've spent hours trying to beat thinderblight

Get down to the last bit of his health (post th magnesia on the pillar to electrocute him in the air)

He always creeps up and electrocutes me. Even with an electrocute elixir immunization.

Arghhh any tips?

blesscheese

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Central CA
Ok, I meant to come back with a "One Month Update" a day or two ago...

I'm still *totally consumed* with this game. It's not the perfect game...it doesn't have/do "everything"... but it does so many things well (and leaves out crap that would suck) that it seems as close to a perfect game as presently possible.

For me, it really takes me back a couple of decades, when everything seemed new again. Oh well, I'm starting to blather and sound fawning, so I'll just stop and pick up playing again later.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Well! I just beat all Divine Beasts and got the Master Sword. I've dipped into Hyrule Castle a few times but fled soon after! I don't plan on fighting Ganon any time soon.

But I've been thinking a lot about this game and 'perfection'.

So I loved both Doom on PS4 and Pokemon Sun. But as I was getting further into them their quality dropped. Doom became very repetitive and Pokemon just didn't keep up the pace it establishes on the first two islands. Both games are, IMO, nearly perfect but just fall short. But in doing so they become really irritating because they are so close to it!

Zelda is, IMO, perfect. Though having completed most of the game now I can see how improvements could be made. The Divine Beasts are all too similar, and it really does need some more dungeons. I'd love to see maybe 3-4 ground based, key-hunting, traditional ones full of enemies that varied between them. I'd love to see more underground sections and traditional Zelda weapons. Travelling on foot can be tiring - I was really hoping the Goron power would be to turn into a ball/wheel and speed around the place like in Majoras Mask. An instrument to change, or affect, the weather would be lovely too - hell it could even be a charged item so you can't use it too much.

But it's wonderful as is. Even at 110 hours I'm still discovering new things, and that's unprecedented for a game of this scale. I just hope they're nice and release new items periodically.

Fave moment so far - the entirity of Zoras domain story section. The pathway to it, seeing a divine beast upclose for the first time and that haunting sound it makes, stealing shock arrows from a Lynel, shooting them at the Beast, the dungeon itself, and Miphas grace!

I found the whole Rito section to be way too fast and easy. I finished that whole section in a day whereas all the others took much longer and were more challenging.

JohnGrey

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2012
Cincinnati Metro
What was the point of the Korok seed inventory expansion mechanic? It, and Hestu, reeks of Aonuma's queer puppet-making lunacy. Why not have a folded space inventory, like a bottomless bag from Harry Potter; Sheikah technology clearly has the ability to affect changes at the quantum level, what with the teleportation. At the very least, it would make for a worthwhile use for harvesting Guardian OHKs for giant cores.

wchigo

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2015
What was the point of the Korok seed inventory expansion mechanic? It, and Hestu, reeks of Aonuma's queer puppet-making lunacy. Why not have a folded space inventory, like a bottomless bag from Harry Potter; Sheikah technology clearly has the ability to affect changes at the quantum level, what with the teleportation. At the very least, it would make for a worthwhile use for harvesting Guardian OHKs for giant cores.
You actually do have that. However, the technology was only implemented in regards to your materials bag. ;)

JohnGrey

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2012
Cincinnati Metro
You actually do have that. However, the technology was only implemented in regards to your materials bag. ;)

:p You took my meaning, sir.

Why, instead of rather fetishistically giving child faeces (which is what Korok 'seeds' are) to an ambulatory and rather flamboyant head of cabbage that encounters naked people enough to have his own song for the occasion, just so he can dance and play his equally flamboyant maracas, did the game not just have the convention explained as Sheikah technology, which would actually solve the absurdly large inventory at all times trope, and use Ancient materials to do the upgrading? I contend that it was done purely to please Aonuma and his absurd obsession with having painfully wonky NPCs.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Just beat lightning beast

And got the beast with the waterfall thing, and the elephant beast

Should I keep getting the other beasts or wander aimlessly for a while ?

Wwyd?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I'm really enjoying my Korok quest. I'm pouring over the map looking for clues on getting the last of the memory photos, and it's leading me to loads of Koroks. Expanded my inventory quite a bit so far... I didn't think that could be so useful!

Just beat lightning beast

And got the beast with the waterfall thing, and the elephant beast

Should I keep getting the other beasts or wander aimlessly for a while ?

Wwyd?

I did a lot of exploring after my first beast (water) which really helped me go further into the map with that health refill power. The bird one was equally important but I did that 3rd, wish I did that right after the water one!

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I'm really enjoying my Korok quest. I'm pouring over the map looking for clues on getting the last of the memory photos, and it's leading me to loads of Koroks. Expanded my inventory quite a bit so far... I didn't think that could be so useful!

I did a lot of exploring after my first beast (water) which really helped me go further into the map with that health refill power. The bird one was equally important but I did that 3rd, wish I did that right after the water one!

Thanks! What's the flow for photo album quest? Have done exactly zero of that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.